Jason's Deli Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.0

Front of House Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Jason's Deli in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then waited 2 days to call-in. I said, "Hi, my name is ----. I recently applied online for ------ position, but I wanted to know if your location was hiring." I just said this to kind of talk to the manager and get them to remember me. They scheduled an interview for the next day.

I interviewed with the general manager he had my application printed out and asked questions regarding my application as well as taking notes. He said to follow up with him by the end of the week because he had another interviewer. At this point I thought, "Ohh ok they're rejecting me nicely." I still followed-up because I needed a job.

I finally got a call-back and spoke to a different manager and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why Jason's deli?   1 Answer
    • Have you been here before ? What's different about here then other places ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Order Taker, Phones, Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jason's Deli (Amarillo, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Easy, went over my application and got to explain anything unclear on my application. Went inside and was told that I could get a drink and sit down. Manager came over and had a printed copy of my application. Asked me a few questions not on my application.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jason's Deli (Clearwater, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Played phone tag with the manager (possibly the owner) for a week or two. Started with a phone interview which went well enough to be asked o schedule an in person interview. She showed up 15 minutes late, we spoke for 30 minutes and basically asked almost all of the same questions that she had asked over the phone. At the end of the interview, I was led to believe that I would be receiving a follow up phone call to schedule an in-service day within a week. She never called, so I called her. Left a voice mail and never heard anything back.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jason's Deli (Tucson, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

They let you sit there for a long while. They leave their analysis in front of you when they go discuss your first half of the interview with the secondary(?) manager. They basically make you lie and say how much you want to work there, even if you've never heard of the place and are just needing a job.

Interview Questions

• What is it that you like most about Jason's Deli.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation

3A Assistant Manager Jason's Deli Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jason's Deli (Mobile, AL) in November 2014.

Interview

I had an interview earlier today that went rather smoothly. The District Manager I met with was very kind and down to earth. They are really telling the truth when they say "We are truly in the people business.
    Our product happens to be food."
    --Joe Tortorice, Jr., Founder and President
    They ask the usual questions that any restaurant would ask when interviewing for management. Questions are as follows:
    -What are your strengths?
    -What are some of your weaknesses?
    -Where do you see yourself in the near future?
    -Why do you want to work for Jason's Deli?

Interview Questions

• There are no really difficult questions, but if I had to choose one it would be the last question I posted.   1 Answer

Cashier/Delco Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jason's Deli (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

You interview first with a supervisor, then if you are favoured then you interview with the scheduling manger to be hired on.after being hired on, you are asked to come back in for traing to learn delco n to get you hat and shirts. After that it takes about two months to get the hang of the menu.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your hobbies?   1 Answer

Swing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jason's Deli.

Interview

Quick and Easy Interview. Walked into the job asked if hiring got asked to interview couple days after. Easy Interview nothing hard, basic questions. Hired after interview starting at entry pay rate.

Negotiation

non negotiable

Cashier Interview

Interview

I went in asking to see the manager because they had a now hiring sign up for a while and was told to come back later that week. I answered the questions they asked me with confidence and sincerity and they offered me the position right after the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I could bring to the company.   1 Answer

2A Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jason's Deli.

Interview

Post online, a few phone interviews and in person interview. If they are considering you they will ask you to do an inservice where you work a few hours in a deli where they can see you in action.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Order Taker, Phones, Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jason's Deli (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied in store. Got a call from them later that day for a sit down interview with the hiring manager. Really easy interview, just asked simple questions that every interviewer would ask.