Jason's Deli

1.9

3A Assistant Manager Jason's Deli Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jason's Deli in November 2014.

I had an interview earlier today that went rather smoothly. The District Manager I met with was very kind and down to earth. They are really telling the truth when they say "We are truly in the people business.
    Our product happens to be food."
    --Joe Tortorice, Jr., Founder and President
    They ask the usual questions that any restaurant would ask when interviewing for management. Questions are as follows:
    -What are your strengths?
    -What are some of your weaknesses?
    -Where do you see yourself in the near future?
    -Why do you want to work for Jason's Deli?

Interview Questions
    • There are no really difficult questions, but if I had to choose one it would be the last question I posted.   View Answer

Swing Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jason's Deli.

Quick and Easy Interview. Walked into the job asked if hiring got asked to interview couple days after. Easy Interview nothing hard, basic questions. Hired after interview starting at entry pay rate.

non negotiable

Cashier Interview

I went in asking to see the manager because they had a now hiring sign up for a while and was told to come back later that week. I answered the questions they asked me with confidence and sincerity and they offered me the position right after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what I could bring to the company.   View Answer

2A Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jason's Deli.

Post online, a few phone interviews and in person interview. If they are considering you they will ask you to do an inservice where you work a few hours in a deli where they can see you in action.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jason's Deli.

Applied in store. Got a call from them later that day for a sit down interview with the hiring manager. Really easy interview, just asked simple questions that every interviewer would ask.

Order Taker, Phones, Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jason's Deli.

It was at 10 mins tops. Talked a little about why i wanted the job then got the job.

Interview Questions
    Have good customer service skills and know how to deal with difficult people.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jason's Deli in April 2014.

It was really easy to get hired here. Just know the definition of "hospitality" and how you will do anything to make the customer happy. Smile throughout the interview and make sure you bring your social security card, insurance card and drivers licence

Interview Questions
    • In your opinion what does it mean to show hospitality?   Answer Question

Catering Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jason's Deli.

they seem very nice and asked way more questions than any other company I interviewed with. 2 of the interviewers ( upper management) have been with the company for over 10 years and that says a lot about the company. I liked that they have an extensive training program but there seems little possibility for growth beyond a Sales Position because they are a small company in my area.

Catering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jason's Deli.

I was referred by a friend and landed the position before the interview. The interview was done more because of company protocol. The same is true for the questionnaire/test a new employee must fill out. The manager gives you the appropriate answers and then you begin your first shift.

Order Taker, Phones, Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Jason's Deli.

Applied in person as that is the only way to do so. After I applied, I talked to the manager and he told me it was part time and what they were looking for. I got a call back within a couple days, then was scheduled an interview the following week. The interview was very laid back, fast and straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, just easy ones asking about customer service on prevous employment. Only unexpected thing was that company policy requires no facial hair besides a light goatee.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.