Jasper Engines

3.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jasper Engines

Outside Sales Representative Interview

3 interviews, and a ride along

Base and bonus, later went to commission only

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jasper Engines.

Very long and drawn out interview. Talked to numerous different people on the phone; hr, sales managers, president, etc. Face to face interview with territory manager then drove to home office in Indiana. Rough interviews with 4-6 different managers, owner, president, etc. Condescending attitude toward me when I felt I was over-qualified for the position. Called all my references. I felt it was an overly thorough and scrutinizing interview process for a job that pays under 60k with all bonuses. Placed a LOT of weight on the online personality tests that in my opinion are a complete waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing of selling a random product. Pretty standard interview questions. Helps to know about cars.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jasper Engines in December 2011.

Spoke with Ingrid in HR and she was very nice. Went over normal sales Q's. I used the STAR system and it went very well. She was very interested but I didnt get the job as I lived to far outside the area of sales.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had a issue. What was it and what did you do about it.   Answer Question
    • What would make you stand out from the crowd of candidates   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jasper, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jasper, IN

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Jasper Engines in January 2011.

3 tests on the front end: Math, Mechanical aptitude, and personality test. 1 hands on exercise. Interview w/ HR and hiring manager.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jasper Engines in October 2009.

The interview process was very professional but not intimidating. Japser goes to great lengths to hire trainable people into a proven process. I was initially contacted by a district manager and interviewed on the the phone. Later a personal interview was arranged and a personality test was delivered to me. The people at the local location were friendly, the operation and facilities were top notch and the work culture was positive everyone seemed to be truly happy to work there.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how have you handled a difficult or irrate customer or client in the past.   View Answer
    Everyone starts on a realitivley level playing field. There is not a lot of room for negotiating but you are given a resonable expectations and what you can expect for your efforts.