Jasper Wireless Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014
Updated Sep 3, 2014

3.3

Senior Wireless Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jasper Wireless.

A total of eight interviews. Interviews with 3 from west coast office and 4 from east coast office. Mild-to Hard difficulty level. Make sure you know test strategies/ filing defects as well as the network on a high and technical level.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jasper Wireless.

Very nice people. One phone call followed by onsite interview of an hour

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jasper Wireless.

After applying online, the phone screen with a recruiter happened within a few days. Then phone interview with the hiring manager, then on-site interview with 4 directors (2 of them are product management, one belong to engineering, and one responsible for professional services). The onsite interview lasted for 3 hours+.

Interview Questions
    • What business model is interesting out there? How would you decide what features to build? How would you decide what features to exclude for a product?   Answer Question

Sales Training and Certification Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Jasper Wireless in November 2013.

While I did not even get an interview with them, they did respond same day with "Unfortunately, we have decided to pursue other candidates who appear to match (skills and experience) our requirements more closely at this time."

THIS is a trait I wish other companies had, the courtesy and decency to let potential candidates know that they have actually looked at the candidates information and acknowledgement that they have decided to pass on them.

THIS is the kind of company I would be proud to work for, who hast the fortitude to actually treat a candidate like a human being. I will continue to look into this company for further positions.

Well done and I hope your CEO sees this and appreciates that his company cares. Bravo!!

Interview Questions
    • I did not get an interview although I couldn't understand how over 15 years of experience training adult learners in sales and technology didn't qualify.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Jasper Wireless in July 2013.

First a HR called me. Asked some basic java questions. Then scheduled an interview with one CTO. I spoke with the CTO for just 10 mins. Obviously he is not interested in talking with at all. After I introduced myself, he asked me send my publications to him. Then he finished the interview. Two days later I got the rejection email.

Senior Product Manager Interview

After a couple of email exchanges, they scheduled a phone interview. The interviewer was very friendly and started by introducing the company. We talked about my background and accomplishments, then jumped to specific examples that highlighted my skills. I took the opportunity to ask about the team structure and interactions with the other teams in the organization. Interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions - all the standard questions for product managers   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Jasper Wireless in November 2011.

Met a few smart people at this company. Really impressed by their expertise and skill sets. Too bad they didn't make an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about design and engineering experience. Also probed a bit on project work and what was my contribution.   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Very disorganized hiring process. Beware in case you worked on a system to handle high event throughput. Their aim is to just extract as much free info to architect such system. Not really a sincere attempt to assess you. You end up sharing your knowledge free of cost and also loose a day's pay from your current employer.

With this nature, obviously you will not be surprised to feel the below-par team during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • It's laughable that some of these folks who claim as leads do not even know the CS basics. And Java too!   Answer Question

Worked for Jasper Wireless? Contribute to the Community!