Jasper Wireless

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jasper Wireless.

Interview Details – Very nice people. One phone call followed by onsite interview of an hour

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jasper Wireless.

Interview Details – After applying online, the phone screen with a recruiter happened within a few days. Then phone interview with the hiring manager, then on-site interview with 4 directors (2 of them are product management, one belong to engineering, and one responsible for professional services). The onsite interview lasted for 3 hours+.

Interview Question – What business model is interesting out there? How would you decide what features to build? How would you decide what features to exclude for a product?   Answer Question

Sales Training and Certification Manager Interview

Sales Training and Certification Manager
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Jasper Wireless in November 2013.

Interview Details – While I did not even get an interview with them, they did respond same day with "Unfortunately, we have decided to pursue other candidates who appear to match (skills and experience) our requirements more closely at this time."

THIS is a trait I wish other companies had, the courtesy and decency to let potential candidates know that they have actually looked at the candidates information and acknowledgement that they have decided to pass on them.

THIS is the kind of company I would be proud to work for, who hast the fortitude to actually treat a candidate like a human being. I will continue to look into this company for further positions.

Well done and I hope your CEO sees this and appreciates that his company cares. Bravo!!

Interview Question – I did not get an interview although I couldn't understand how over 15 years of experience training adult learners in sales and technology didn't qualify.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Jasper Wireless in July 2013.

Interview Details – First a HR called me. Asked some basic java questions. Then scheduled an interview with one CTO. I spoke with the CTO for just 10 mins. Obviously he is not interested in talking with at all. After I introduced myself, he asked me send my publications to him. Then he finished the interview. Two days later I got the rejection email.

Interview Question – Just some basic java questions from HR.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager

Interviewed at Jasper Wireless

Interview Details – After a couple of email exchanges, they scheduled a phone interview. The interviewer was very friendly and started by introducing the company. We talked about my background and accomplishments, then jumped to specific examples that highlighted my skills. I took the opportunity to ask about the team structure and interactions with the other teams in the organization. Interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions - all the standard questions for product managers   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Jasper Wireless in November 2011.

Interview Details – Met a few smart people at this company. Really impressed by their expertise and skill sets. Too bad they didn't make an offer.

Interview Question – Asked about design and engineering experience. Also probed a bit on project work and what was my contribution.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Architect Interview

Architect

Interviewed at Jasper Wireless

Interview Details – Very disorganized hiring process. Beware in case you worked on a system to handle high event throughput. Their aim is to just extract as much free info to architect such system. Not really a sincere attempt to assess you. You end up sharing your knowledge free of cost and also loose a day's pay from your current employer.

With this nature, obviously you will not be surprised to feel the below-par team during the interview.

Interview Question – It's laughable that some of these folks who claim as leads do not even know the CS basics. And Java too!   Answer Question

Worked for Jasper Wireless? Contribute to the Community!