Jazz at Lincoln Center Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jazz at Lincoln Center

Usher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jazz at Lincoln Center.

I sent in my resume to the contact listed on their website. A little over a month later, I received an email from the person saying that they were looking to add some more ushers to their roster and that I seemed to have the right qualifications for the position. In my reply, I had to select three shifts from a comprehensive list that I would be able to work consistently. After I replied with this information, I was sent another email asking if I could attend an interview about one week later.

The interview was a group one--about fourteen candidates were interviewing for 10 spots (as told to me by another candidate-I am not sure if this is correct or not.) There was a panel of three staff members and one intern, all of whom were very kind and knowledgeable. We first had to go around the table and state our name, where we were from and one interesting fact about ourselves. After this, the panel began to direct questions to specific candidates. For example: "X, why would you like to work for Jazz at Lincoln Center?" Other questions included:
    "What do you expect from your coworkers and your supervisers?"
    "Describe a situation in which you dealt with a difficult client or patron."
    "If you had a disagreement with your manager, how would you resolve it?"

As these questions were being asked the panel would sometimes use a candidate's answer to go into more detail about the position. They were also open to questions from the candidates throughout the interview.

At the close we all went around the table once again and had to list three qualities that our friends would say that we have. As we left, we were told that we would receive an email indicating "yes" or "no" as to whether we were offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a situation in which you were part of a team and the team either failed or achieved its goal."   Answer Question

Usher Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jazz at Lincoln Center.

After many many emails and resending of resume....took 3 months. There was a panel of 3 people. All pn the panel were very knowedgeable since they do had worked in the same capacity. They seem to promote from within. The meetinglast under and hour and I was with other who were also applying for a position as usher. They were concerned with our customer service skills and how we remedied difficult situations. The follow up was quick....within days,

Interview Questions
    There was no negoitioan it was a set part time rate that you start with