Jefferies & Company Interview Questions

3.2

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Jefferies & Company.

Referred by an employee. First round phone interview then superday at their New York office. Two rounds of interviews with two Jefferies' employees. Heard back within a few days that I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Basic technical questions asked (accounting, valuation methods). Some questions they asked merely to throw you off (What are your 5 greatest weaknesses, why don't you have a 4.0 GPA) so be prepared for that. Have a few stories where you showed teamwork, leadership, and being able to respond to senior management.   Answer Question

IB Analyst Interview

interviewed with 2 people - a VP and an associate. One about past transactions and the other quantitative questions. They have many transactions and they are proud of their deal flow.

Investment Banking Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Jefferies & Company in January 2014.

Business School Career Management. Two rounds of interviews. Tough technicals, solid interpersonal questions. Very collegial work environment. Lean deal teams, so junior bankers get a lot of exposure and tons of work to do.

Interview Questions
    NO negotiations for the summer offer as it is driven by the business school.

Trader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jefferies & Company.

Initial round of interviews was pleasant and succinct. Met with most members of the team in the course of a 3 hour afternoon session. Second round with management was also brief, but less enjoyable. In hindsight, it gave an excellent indication of the uninspired manner in which the overall company is run.

Vice President -- Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jefferies & Company.

Phone, in-person interviews (3 rounds). Final round was meeting the seniors. Mediocre interviewers, so no need to worry too much. Most of the interviews were just talk-talk, nothing very serious.

Interview Questions
    • Salary negotiation. They always try to low-ball you. You need to stay firm, and push back!   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Wasn't too hard. There were some technical questions, but they pretty much walked you through it and held your hand. It was more to see how you fit from a technical perspective. I met with all the senior bankers and never had a question that was like "how many marbles can fill an airplane, etc...". I thought it was more them trying to sell me than anything. But all in all, it wasn't too bad and was I left feeling very good about the job after I left. Got a call later that day that the job was mine.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jefferies & Company in January 2014.

Initially there was a phone interview where we went over very general questions to affirm that I was a good candidate for the position, and that I was interested in the specific role. Then we planned an in-office interview for the next week. They were friendly and respectful throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question that I received in the interview was them asking for a complete stock pitch   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jefferies & Company.

1st Round - Phone interview. Pitch me a stock, why S&T, basic fit questions.

2nd Round - Flew out to NY office, interviewed with 5 different employees. A couple 2 on 1 interviews and a 1 on 1 interview. Asked questions about resume, some fit questions, some technical questions.

Summer Equities Intern Interview

One interview. Interviewer seemed interested; thought I was doing well. Received communication from them once all the second-round candidates had been chose, which I thought was unfair; better for everybody to know all at once. Communication of rejection was made by someone other than the interviewer.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Non-core process: 2 rounds of phone interviews, followed by a non-core superday about a couple weeks later. First round was mostly behavioral, very basic technicals. Second round was more technical and very resume-based. Superday was 3 20 minute interviews. Each interview had a specific purpose. First interview was resume based to see if you're smart. Second round is all technical. Third round is mostly behavioral, to get to know you better.

Interview Questions

Worked for Jefferies & Company? Contribute to the Community!