Jefferies & Company

Relevance Date Difficulty

IB Analyst Interview

IB Analyst

Interviewed at Jefferies & Company

Interview Details – interviewed with 2 people - a VP and an associate. One about past transactions and the other quantitative questions. They have many transactions and they are proud of their deal flow.

Interview Question – Not hard or unexpected   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Investment Banking Summer Associate Interview

Investment Banking Summer Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Jefferies & Company in January 2014.

Interview Details – Business School Career Management. Two rounds of interviews. Tough technicals, solid interpersonal questions. Very collegial work environment. Lean deal teams, so junior bankers get a lot of exposure and tons of work to do.

Interview Question – Draw a LBO model in a paper napkin.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO negotiations for the summer offer as it is driven by the business school.

Trader Interview

Trader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jefferies & Company.

Interview Details – Initial round of interviews was pleasant and succinct. Met with most members of the team in the course of a 3 hour afternoon session. Second round with management was also brief, but less enjoyable. In hindsight, it gave an excellent indication of the uninspired manner in which the overall company is run.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Vice President -- Risk Interview

Vice President -- Risk
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jefferies & Company.

Interview Details – Phone, in-person interviews (3 rounds). Final round was meeting the seniors. Mediocre interviewers, so no need to worry too much. Most of the interviews were just talk-talk, nothing very serious.

Interview Question – Salary negotiation. They always try to low-ball you. You need to stay firm, and push back!   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst

Interviewed at Jefferies & Company

Interview Details – Wasn't too hard. There were some technical questions, but they pretty much walked you through it and held your hand. It was more to see how you fit from a technical perspective. I met with all the senior bankers and never had a question that was like "how many marbles can fill an airplane, etc...". I thought it was more them trying to sell me than anything. But all in all, it wasn't too bad and was I left feeling very good about the job after I left. Got a call later that day that the job was mine.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Equity Research Associate
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jefferies & Company in January 2014.

Interview Details – Initially there was a phone interview where we went over very general questions to affirm that I was a good candidate for the position, and that I was interested in the specific role. Then we planned an in-office interview for the next week. They were friendly and respectful throughout the entire process.

Interview Question – Most difficult question that I received in the interview was them asking for a complete stock pitch   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jefferies & Company.

Interview Details – 1st Round - Phone interview. Pitch me a stock, why S&T, basic fit questions.

2nd Round - Flew out to NY office, interviewed with 5 different employees. A couple 2 on 1 interviews and a 1 on 1 interview. Asked questions about resume, some fit questions, some technical questions.

Interview Question – None, felt well prepared.   Answer Question

Summer Equities Intern Interview

Summer Equities Intern

Interviewed at Jefferies & Company

Interview Details – One interview. Interviewer seemed interested; thought I was doing well. Received communication from them once all the second-round candidates had been chose, which I thought was unfair; better for everybody to know all at once. Communication of rejection was made by someone other than the interviewer.

Interview Question – None, since I got the feeling that I was prepared...   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst

Interviewed at Jefferies & Company

Interview Details – Non-core process: 2 rounds of phone interviews, followed by a non-core superday about a couple weeks later. First round was mostly behavioral, very basic technicals. Second round was more technical and very resume-based. Superday was 3 20 minute interviews. Each interview had a specific purpose. First interview was resume based to see if you're smart. Second round is all technical. Third round is mostly behavioral, to get to know you better.

Interview Question – Who have you spoken with here?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Jefferies & Company

Interview Details – it was first round phone...very technical. first resume/fit questions, then a bunch of technicals.

Interview Question – They had me pitch a stock and then relay many of the current levels.   Answer Question

Worked for Jefferies & Company? Contribute to the Community!