Jefferies & Company

Updated Nov 8, 2014
Updated Nov 8, 2014

3.2

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Non-core process: 2 rounds of phone interviews, followed by a non-core superday about a couple weeks later. First round was mostly behavioral, very basic technicals. Second round was more technical and very resume-based. Superday was 3 20 minute interviews. Each interview had a specific purpose. First interview was resume based to see if you're smart. Second round is all technical. Third round is mostly behavioral, to get to know you better.

Intern Interview

it was first round phone...very technical. first resume/fit questions, then a bunch of technicals.

Interview Questions
    • They had me pitch a stock and then relay many of the current levels.   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jefferies & Company in January 2014.

Initially there was a phone interview where we went over very general questions to affirm that I was a good candidate for the position, and that I was interested in the specific role. Then we planned an in-office interview for the next week. They were friendly and respectful throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question that I received in the interview was them asking for a complete stock pitch   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jefferies & Company in January 2014.

Business School Career Management. Two rounds of interviews. Tough technicals, solid interpersonal questions. Very collegial work environment. Lean deal teams, so junior bankers get a lot of exposure and tons of work to do.

Interview Questions
    NO negotiations for the summer offer as it is driven by the business school.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Jefferies & Company in January 2014.

know current events. market trends. mostly standard, discounted cash flow comps. know your own self assesment. strengths weakness, failures
    pretty standard interview. everyone was extremely nice.
    several super days before hiring process is made. overall great experiece

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jefferies & Company in January 2014.

It was mainly done through the career center. I networked a lot using my alumni to get myself out there and make sure people knew me. The interview process was a technical heavy one, they really see if you understand what you are getting yourself into. Once the process finished, super day was that weekend and offers following immediately.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot remember which ones specifically but a lot of it was accounting related and very detail oriented questions.   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Jefferies & Company.

I applied via my school's career services recruiting site. I was notified via email that my application had been accepted and the next step was a phone interview. The questions were all behavioral and personal, like "tell me about previous work experience," and "why Jefferies?" I really hit it off with the interviewer and our convo lasted about an hour. I was then invited to the superday, and the questions were also behavioral..questions like "tell me about a very hard decision you had to make as a leader." The whole process took a few short weeks. Everyone I spoke with during the interviews and throughout the internship treated me with a lot of respect and I ended up acquiring a job with them upon graduation.

Analyst Interview

OCR

Interview Questions
    • How many deal toys do we get in one year if we make 1.25B in annual revenue, an average deal is 10M, everyone on the deal team gets a deal toy, there are on average 5 ppl per deal team?   View Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Jefferies & Company in September 2013.

Got an interview through my campus recruiting system. It was for the Energy I-Banking division. There were two people from Jeffries conducting the interview. It wasn't bad at all, they mostly asked about previous job experiences and only a few technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult thing they asked was to discuss differences in the cost of capital that different types of companies in the energy industry face   Answer Question

Operational Summer Internship( Either FX Or EQ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Jefferies & Company in May 2013.

I got an email informing me with congratulations that I was selected for a 2nd round of phone interview for the Summer Internship. The phone interview then was conducted within 2 days. I picked the time of the following day. It's shorter than 30 minutes talk

resume questions such as

Tell me your work experience
    Tell me a project you do
    Tell me what you understand about operational roles? why you have tech skills but are willing to do operational work?
    Why you choose Jefferies

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a project you do at your college   View Answer