Jefferies & Company Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.1

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

The guy who interviewed me forgot about the schedule and left me waiting for an hour... And then we finished the interview in a rush... Never got any update since then

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company.

Interview

1st Round - Phone interview. Pitch me a stock, why S&T, basic fit questions. 2nd Round - Flew out to NY office, interviewed with 5 different employees. A couple 2 on 1 interviews and a 1 on 1 interview. Asked questions about resume, some fit questions, some technical questions.

Summer Equities Intern Interview

Interview

One interview. Interviewer seemed interested; thought I was doing well. Received communication from them once all the second-round candidates had been chose, which I thought was unfair; better for everybody to know all at once. Communication of rejection was made by someone other than the interviewer.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Non-core process: 2 rounds of phone interviews, followed by a non-core superday about a couple weeks later. First round was mostly behavioral, very basic technicals. Second round was more technical and very resume-based. Superday was 3 20 minute interviews. Each interview had a specific purpose. First interview was resume based to see if you're smart. Second round is all technical. Third round is mostly behavioral, to get to know you better.

Intern Interview

Interview

it was first round phone...very technical. first resume/fit questions, then a bunch of technicals.

Interview Questions

• They had me pitch a stock and then relay many of the current levels.   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Initially there was a phone interview where we went over very general questions to affirm that I was a good candidate for the position, and that I was interested in the specific role. Then we planned an in-office interview for the next week. They were friendly and respectful throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question that I received in the interview was them asking for a complete stock pitch   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company in January 2014.

Interview

Business School Career Management. Two rounds of interviews. Tough technicals, solid interpersonal questions. Very collegial work environment. Lean deal teams, so junior bankers get a lot of exposure and tons of work to do.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NO negotiations for the summer offer as it is driven by the business school.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company in January 2014.

Interview

know current events. market trends. mostly standard, discounted cash flow comps. know your own self assesment. strengths weakness, failures pretty standard interview. everyone was extremely nice. several super days before hiring process is made. overall great experiece

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

It was mainly done through the career center. I networked a lot using my alumni to get myself out there and make sure people knew me. The interview process was a technical heavy one, they really see if you understand what you are getting yourself into. Once the process finished, super day was that weekend and offers following immediately.

Interview Questions

• I cannot remember which ones specifically but a lot of it was accounting related and very detail oriented questions.   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jefferies & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied via my school's career services recruiting site. I was notified via email that my application had been accepted and the next step was a phone interview. The questions were all behavioral and personal, like "tell me about previous work experience," and "why Jefferies?" I really hit it off with the interviewer and our convo lasted about an hour. I was then invited to the superday, and the questions were also behavioral..questions like "tell me about a very hard decision you had to make as a leader." The whole process took a few short weeks. Everyone I spoke with during the interviews and throughout the internship treated me with a lot of respect and I ended up acquiring a job with them upon graduation.