Jefferies & Company Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Non-core process: 2 rounds of phone interviews, followed by a non-core superday about a couple weeks later. First round was mostly behavioral, very basic technicals. Second round was more technical and very resume-based. Superday was 3 20 minute interviews. Each interview had a specific purpose. First interview was resume based to see if you're smart. Second round is all technical. Third round is mostly behavioral, to get to know you better.

Other Interview Reviews for Jefferies & Company

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jefferies & Company.

Targetted at my school for on-campus interviews. Mainly fit. A couple walk me through 3 financial statements, tell me as much as you know about an LBO, How are the 3 statements linked, Talk to me about the different valuation methods.

Superday mainly fit couple technicals same 1s as listed above

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through an LBO and what function does it serve?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Jefferies & Company.

On-campus two back-to-back interviews. The first was behavioral and the second was technical. The behavioral was quite relaxed, questions ranging from talking through resume, how you allocated time during a week (remember to mention you spent a lot of time social) and macro economic questions. The technical one touched basic accounting, metrics, and DCF. Just make sure that you know all the basic things and can handle challenges under pressure.

Interview Questions
    • How is BS different from two other accounting statements?   View Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Jefferies & Company.

Applied through an employee referral. Interview process consisted of two phone screens and a Super Day. 1st round interview was very straightforward and interviewers were nice. Asked standard questions about the main valuation methodologies and walking through DCF. not too hard.

2nd round interviewers asked similar questions but with more of a markets focus. No accounting questions were asked. interviewers lacked energy.

Interview Questions
    • you don't have the same pedigree as the other candidates. why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Worked for Jefferies & Company? Contribute to the Community!