Jefferies & Company
www.jefferies.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Jefferies & Company Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Feb 21, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Jefferies & Company

Interview Details – Non-core process: 2 rounds of phone interviews, followed by a non-core superday about a couple weeks later. First round was mostly behavioral, very basic technicals. Second round was more technical and very resume-based. Superday was 3 20 minute interviews. Each interview had a specific purpose. First interview was resume based to see if you're smart. Second round is all technical. Third round is mostly behavioral, to get to know you better.

Interview Question – Who have you spoken with here?   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jefferies & Company.

Interview Details – Targetted at my school for on-campus interviews. Mainly fit. A couple walk me through 3 financial statements, tell me as much as you know about an LBO, How are the 3 statements linked, Talk to me about the different valuation methods.

Superday mainly fit couple technicals same 1s as listed above

Interview Question – Walk me through an LBO and what function does it serve?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Jefferies & Company.

Interview Details – On-campus two back-to-back interviews. The first was behavioral and the second was technical. The behavioral was quite relaxed, questions ranging from talking through resume, how you allocated time during a week (remember to mention you spent a lot of time social) and macro economic questions. The technical one touched basic accounting, metrics, and DCF. Just make sure that you know all the basic things and can handle challenges under pressure.

Interview Question – How is BS different from two other accounting statements?   View Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Jefferies & Company.

Interview Details – Applied through an employee referral. Interview process consisted of two phone screens and a Super Day. 1st round interview was very straightforward and interviewers were nice. Asked standard questions about the main valuation methodologies and walking through DCF. not too hard.

2nd round interviewers asked similar questions but with more of a markets focus. No accounting questions were asked. interviewers lacked energy.

Interview Question – you don't have the same pedigree as the other candidates. why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jefferies & Company

Worked for Jefferies & Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jefferies & Company Investment Banking Summer Analyst interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Jefferies & Company employees and interview candidates.