Jefferies & Company

Updated Nov 8, 2014

3.5

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jefferies & Company.

1st Round - Phone interview. Pitch me a stock, why S&T, basic fit questions.

2nd Round - Flew out to NY office, interviewed with 5 different employees. A couple 2 on 1 interviews and a 1 on 1 interview. Asked questions about resume, some fit questions, some technical questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Jefferies & Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jefferies & Company in January 2014.

It was mainly done through the career center. I networked a lot using my alumni to get myself out there and make sure people knew me. The interview process was a technical heavy one, they really see if you understand what you are getting yourself into. Once the process finished, super day was that weekend and offers following immediately.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot remember which ones specifically but a lot of it was accounting related and very detail oriented questions.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Jefferies & Company in January 2014.

know current events. market trends. mostly standard, discounted cash flow comps. know your own self assesment. strengths weakness, failures
    pretty standard interview. everyone was extremely nice.
    several super days before hiring process is made. overall great experiece

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Jefferies & Company in January 2013.

Online application at my target school, followed by a first round interview at campus. Interviewer's didn't seem too interested and were busy in their phones. Questions were mainly fit, with a few basic technicals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Jefferies & Company in February 2012.

great interviewers, really down to earth

offer letter and signed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Jefferies & Company in January 2012.

The first round was a phone interview with a VP who's an alum from my school. It was standard, with questions like walk me through your resume, why banking, why Jefferies. The technical questions were pretty easy. I left a highly positive impression and got through to the second round, which was another phone interview with an associate. This one was short, I did pretty well on the regular fit questions but choked a bit on the technical question. Heard back 10 days later that I did not get past it because my technical background "was not as solid as some of my peers."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jefferies & Company in February 2009.

On-campus recruiting with Jefferies & Co was relatively painless compared to other investment banks that I had interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the major triggers of the current financial crisis, and it's impact on the financial markets.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

First round: numeracy and verbal reasoning tests, the usual SHL stuff. Then two interviews, very conversational, relaxed, touched on a tiny bit of technical stuff with regards to valuation but that was all.

Second round: Three interviews then group exercise and presentation. Two of the three interviews again very conversational, they just want to know why Jefferies, why IBD, why not a bigger firm, which department are you interested in- the usual questions. Then there was the technical interview and you have to make sure you direct it to your strengths-what you know about otherwise they will probe and probe at a particular aspect of valuation. The interviewer got very detailed in his questions.

Interview Questions
    • A curveball was thrown in one of the interviews: what is Jefferies's share price?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Contacted me for a phone interview and spoke within two days. Spoke with a young analyst who had been with firm for just over a year. Standard questions, just going over different aspects of resume. Specifically asked about most important/hardest courses taken thus far and which parts of my leadership and community experience were most important

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jefferies & Company in November 2012.

Two 40mins interviews. The first one was technical such as valuation model, what companies do with extra cash, something about special dividends. The second was motivational, just normal behavioral questions, nothing special. Then we were directed to a room to complete numerical and verbal reasoning tests which were exactly the same kind of questions as other online tests.