Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky)

www.jcpsky.net

Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) Interview Questions & Reviews in Kentucky

Updated Jun 15, 2014

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Specialist III Interview

Program Specialist III
Louisville, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky).

Interview Details – You are interviewed by a group of 5 or 6 people. They all have different questions they asked the same of each applicant. Majority of time, the interview does not matter, an applicant has already been chosen for the position, who they know. When your blackballed forget it.

Interview Question – None really, very simple questions.   View Answer

Bus Driver Interview

Bus Driver
Louisville, KY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) in October 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process is a bit long beginning with your regular application, fingerprinting, etc... This is followed by them calling you for an "interview". Everyone is essentially "hired" to come to the job training. The training class is great and JCPS gives you everything you need to pass the written exams. You will need to pass the States test, purchase a temporary learners permit to progress and be involved in the driver training which starts immediately when you begin training. Once you pass all of the written and driving tests (there are many!) don't think its over yet. Once you get your CDL B which gives you the legal right to drive the bus and take passengers they send you to a compoud near where you live. JCPS assigns you a training you "shadow" picking up/dropping off students and then you drive!

Interview Question – There is none. JCPS hires pretty much everyone if you pass the FBI background check. Interview I had didn't know some questions I asked and gave me bad information.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Teacher
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) in August 2009.

Interview Details – Submit application and wait for a call to interview with a principal.

Negotiation Details – Salary Scale

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bus Driver Interview

Bus Driver
Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) in August 2011.

Interview Details – interview was easy and quick.

Interview Question – None really can you deal with kids and can you safely drive a vehicle.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation just this is the pay

Substitute Teacher Assistant Interview

Substitute Teacher Assistant
Louisville-Jefferson County, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) in January 2012.

Interview Details – The very initial process was confusing and hard -- once you figure out the online applications, it's easy to go in for fingerprinting and the "interview" -- which for me was just picking assignments I would prefer. The hiring assistant who worked with me was very courteous, kind, and professional.

Interview Question – Well, at the very beginning the clerk lady wouldn't let me apply for assistant teacher -- she wanted me to be a sub teacher, since they pay more. I left and came back another day she wasn't working. (I was a substitute teacher the previous year, in a different district, and I was right to assume assistant subbing is a lot more fun, a lot less stressful.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay is so-so, but the work is great if you want something immediately that you can quit anytime. Oh, and it's fun to work with kids usually.

Worked for Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky)? Contribute to the Community!