Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky)

www.jcpsky.net

1.7

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Program Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky).

You are interviewed by a group of 5 or 6 people. They all have different questions they asked the same of each applicant. Majority of time, the interview does not matter, an applicant has already been chosen for the position, who they know. When your blackballed forget it.

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) in October 2013.

The hiring process is a bit long beginning with your regular application, fingerprinting, etc... This is followed by them calling you for an "interview". Everyone is essentially "hired" to come to the job training. The training class is great and JCPS gives you everything you need to pass the written exams. You will need to pass the States test, purchase a temporary learners permit to progress and be involved in the driver training which starts immediately when you begin training. Once you pass all of the written and driving tests (there are many!) don't think its over yet. Once you get your CDL B which gives you the legal right to drive the bus and take passengers they send you to a compoud near where you live. JCPS assigns you a training you "shadow" picking up/dropping off students and then you drive!

Interview Questions
    • There is none. JCPS hires pretty much everyone if you pass the FBI background check. Interview I had didn't know some questions I asked and gave me bad information.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) in August 2009.

Submit application and wait for a call to interview with a principal.

Salary Scale

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) in August 2011.

interview was easy and quick.

Interview Questions
    • None really can you deal with kids and can you safely drive a vehicle.   Answer Question
    no negotiation just this is the pay

Substitute Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville-Jefferson County, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville-Jefferson County, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky) in January 2012.

The very initial process was confusing and hard -- once you figure out the online applications, it's easy to go in for fingerprinting and the "interview" -- which for me was just picking assignments I would prefer. The hiring assistant who worked with me was very courteous, kind, and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Well, at the very beginning the clerk lady wouldn't let me apply for assistant teacher -- she wanted me to be a sub teacher, since they pay more. I left and came back another day she wasn't working. (I was a substitute teacher the previous year, in a different district, and I was right to assume assistant subbing is a lot more fun, a lot less stressful.)   Answer Question
    The pay is so-so, but the work is great if you want something immediately that you can quit anytime. Oh, and it's fun to work with kids usually.

Worked for Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky)? Contribute to the Community!