Jefferson Wells International

Jefferson Wells International Interview Questions

2.8

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jefferson Wells International in January 2010.

The interview process started normal as expected. 2 phone interviews with a recruiter and then another phone interview with JW Business Development Director. 4th phone interview with HR Generalist at JW. Finally, face to face interview with Managing Director which went well. Seclected to come back again for a group interview with 5 employees over a 5 hour timeframe. Trial closed each interviewer by asking if they would be recommending me for the job and they said they would. Then it got wierd. No word for 5 days and then after I called the recruitor several times, was told that they decided against hiring anyone. Checked with internal friend at company and still nobody hired after another month. Felt slighted that I went through 7 interviews, hours of research and preparation without even an explaination of why I was not given an offer. I can accept rejection, but I wasn't even notified or given a reason. Beware of this group.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Jefferson Wells International in February 2009.

The interview process first consisted of a phone interview with Human Resources. After expressing interest in the position, I was asked to come into the offices. I met with 2 Directors in which I explained my background and they informed me about the job responsibilities. I was then asked to meet with the Managing Director who also went into detail about the position and again I reiterated my background. No hard questions were asked. I felt it was very informal.

Interview Questions
    I did negotiate for more vacation which was accepted.

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jefferson Wells International in October 2008.

Communications with the company are somewhat disjointed as the recruiters are centralized regionally and the Directors who interview you are local. The interviews focused on past experiences and giving examples of worked performed. There were three interviews, one phone screening interview, one with the HR Director, and one with the Director to whom you would be reporting.

Interview Questions
    Very little. It is basically a take it or leave it offer.

Technology Risk Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jefferson Wells International in July 2008.

Phone call from recruiter after being found on Monster. Quick screening interview, then in-person with hiring manager the following week. Received offer about a week later.

I doubt that others had such a pleasant experience. My hiring manager was clearly much better than the other directors.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know ERP solutions? If so, what is your experience in implementing and/or auditing them.   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience with software selection? What kinds of software? Have you led a team.   Answer Question
    Salary was non-negotiable, and no other benefits could be adjusted to compensate.

Business Develop Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Jefferson Wells International in May 2011.

Process consisted of 3 telephone interviews, an on-line intelligence and personaiity test, and 4 one-on-one interviews. Many questions were asked about exact names of companies and executives who are past clients of the candidate. Other questions were very typical: "tell me about yourself", strengths, weaknesses,
    and actual performance vs. sales goals. Company appears to have some issues with politics, staff concentration, and focus.

Interview Questions
    • What are the names of companies and executives who are your clients?   Answer Question

Better offer from another company.

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Jefferson Wells International in September 2010.

Sent resume to blind post on Ladders. Outside recruiter calls but cuts off phone interview after 10 minutes because she doesn't think I can handle JW's 16 C-level meetings/wk requirement. Three months later,a different employment agency sends my resume to local JW HR person. Interview set up but JW HR person a no show. Days later, local HR person and I have phone interview. Ten minutes in, she asks what my W2s were for the previous years. When I defer, she basically ends interview. Month later, national recruiter calls and we have a professional interview. No offer.

Interview Questions
    • How many calls/meetings did you have with C-level executives in your last job?   View Answer