Jenny Craig Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.4

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jenny Craig.

Applied online and received an email stating to call corporate for a phone interview. The interview involved general questions like "Explain a time when you helped a person and how did you help them?" I then received an email with a time for a personal interview. In the interview I was asked to role play as a consultant and the interviewer acted like a walk-in client. The general idea is that they want you to be personable and ask a lot of open ended questions. Let the client do most of the talking. Then, once you have gathered the information, explain why the program works perfectly for their needs. I had two interviews before being accepted.

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Jenny Craig in September 2010.

they have a 3 step interview process. 1st is phone interview, then branch manager interviews you and if you will be getting hired you meet with area manager. They ask questions like types of situations you've handled in previous jobs. But what they are more interested in, how have you overcome, or dealt with weight issues in the past

Jenny Craig Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Jenny Craig in April 2013.

First, I submitted my resume and faxed it to one of the locations, then I called and asked who to speak to (management wise), then I was called back within the day, had a phone interview, then was asked to come in for a one on one interview, then I was offered the position on the spot!

Interview Questions
    • just the basic questions: weaknesses, strengths, past work experience, etc.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Jenny Craig.

I applied online and they have you call a number to set up an interview. The process is conducted of 2 interviews. The first one is where you want to make the best impression. They ask you a lot about yourself and why you want to be a weight loss consultant. I got a really nice girl named Pricilla and I really wanted to work with her in general. The second interview is reached if they like you and more of just a way to meet someone higher up. It was a far drive but it was worth it. ALSO put good references! They call them.

Interview Questions

Even though I really wanted to be a weight loss consultant (I am going to school for healthy lifestyle coaching), the compensation was a little scary. The training is a decent pay but it's too low for having a job like that. However, commission is included so there could be a good pay.. I just don't know how busy the store is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Jenny Craig in January 2014.

No real structured interview process so if you prepare yourself with customary interview skills and Q&A you can wing the interview...

Interview Questions
    Needed to be employed before my unemployment ran out

Customer Service Representative Interview

I initially responded to a post on Monster from a local office. I was contacted within a day or 2 by phone from their HR office. They asked a lot of the basic interview questions like "Why do you want to work for Jenny Craig?" and set me up with an interview with the local center director. What was nice about that was the fact that they were very flexible with what time I of day I wanted to have the interview. When I arrived I filled out a job application, which was also simple, and straight forward. The director was very pleasant, we just went through my resume and talked about my recent job experiences. I was offered the position though I couldnt actually start for a number of weeks as it was their slow season at the time. (Summer)

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult or unexpected questions...the typical things that you get during an interview and I never felt nervous during it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation but was happy with what was offered. ($11 hr)

Area Market Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Jenny Craig.

There is a brief phone screen and then you interview with a Centre Director. The questions are all behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • You can be asked to demonstrate a lead call or a consultation.   View Answer
    There is not negotiation. There is a set scale of pay.

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Jenny Craig.

Had to have a drug test and background check

I couldn't negotate

Centre Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brandon, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Jenny Craig in September 2011.

I reached out to Jenny Craig after seeing an opening online. I completed the online application, and phone interview, and was then set up with an interview with the District Manager, Cindy. She was WONDERFUL. Really, really wonderful. I felt more like we were old friends connecting with a common passion and interest in health and wellness. I'd worked for Jenny Craig before in another state, and so I was already familiar with the programs and the work culture. The questions were easy for me, as I'd already worked for the company and knew the procedures. We went through a potential client lead call, (there's a card for that, which you'd be handed and asked to improv off of. Just make it sound conversational, and not as though you're reading). We talked about difficult clients, and strategies to coach employees through rough times, how would I react if a consultant was consistently underperforming? If I got negative client feedback from a client about a consultant. Etc.) Anyone with management experience and heart would be able to ace this interview :)

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an employee with a consistently negative attitude, even if she was your top performing consultant?   Answer Question

I was offered another position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Jenny Craig in March 2009.

I was interviewed and called the next day and offered the job by the woman the was going to be my boss. I confirmed it wasn't a sales job, that it was in customer service and assured it was before I accepted it. The hours were great and starting pay was right where I expected it to be.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were about my previous experience. I had retire a few years earlier from 30 years in telecommunications. Nothing really unexpected.   Answer Question
    That she enjoyed our meeting and asked if I would like to join the team. We discussed the wage and I agreed.

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!