Jenny Craig

Very Difficult Interview

Operations Administrative Assistant Interview

Operations Administrative Assistant
Carlsbad, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Jenny Craig in January 2012.

Interview Details – I received a call from a Recruiter saying that she had an exciting opportunity for me at Jenny Craig. I asked her when did her client (Jenny Craig) want to meet me for an interview and she replied that no interview was necessary and that I was to report to work at 9:00 a.m the following morning and gave me a contact name.

I arrive on time, I announce to the Receptionist that I was there to meet with my contact and she immediately handed me a job application and briefly spoke about the interview process. Although an unusual process when working through an agency, I figured it was company policy and filled out the application and was told that a different person would be 'interviewing me' because my contact was unavailable.

At this point I figured there was a misunderstanding between Jenny Craig and the Agency and that I would be there for an actual interview and to work. Several people greeted me during the 90 minute wait and they all asked me the same questions with a 'deer in headlights' look in their faces: "What position are you here for?" followed by "And who are you going to interview with?"

Finally after a very long wait, two ladies come greet me at the lobby and one says "We've been waiting for you all morning..." to what I replied "I have been here all morning." They looked at each other asked me "Did XYZ meet with you earlier?" my response "No. She was unavailable according to the Receptionist and I was advised to wait for you here."

I could go on for days with all the ridiculous details but the bottom line is - I was asked to sit and wait until they both came back from an "important and unrelated meeting" so that "we could sort things out." I responded that I could come back the following morning, allowing them sufficient time to discuss internally with my contact and my Recruiter. Obviously I was being polite - what I really wanted to say was: "Call me if you ever get your heads out of your @sses!"

Interview Question – "Why are you here?"   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Per my narrative above, I really did not decline 'an offer'... I basically was caught up in the middle of a huge communication gap.

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

Weight Loss Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Jenny Craig in February 2010.

Interview Details – Very misleading in that they post for one position but when you get there they tell you it's for something else

Interview Question – Can't remember at this point the questions were so long   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is absolutely no negotiating on anything

Sales Consultant, Interview

Sales Consultant,
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Jenny Craig in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was first interviewed by phone, then was interviewed in office. Waited a little over a week for my final answer, which was, they had picked another candidate that had previously worked for Jenny and has experience. I thought my interview went very well and was pretty sure I had the job. The phone interview caught me off guard, not much time to think, but the un person.interview questions were almost identical.

Interview Question – How have you helped a friend reach a personal goal?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Nashville, TN

I applied online and interviewed at Jenny Craig.

Interview Details – Apply online, phone interview first, in-person second, then another phone interview followed

Interview Question – Did I ever have to argue something to upper management, why and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Straight hourly plus commission.

Centre Director Interview

Centre Director
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Jenny Craig in January 2009.

Interview Details – multiple interviews with trick questions!

Negotiation Details – no

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

Weight Loss Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Jenny Craig.

Interview Details – Had to have a drug test and background check

Negotiation Details – I couldn't negotate

Program Director Interview

Program Director
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jenny Craig in June 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview from VP, in person interview with Regional Director

Interview Question – How do you handle difficult personalities?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interviewed at Jenny Craig

Interview Details – I initially responded to a post on Monster from a local office. I was contacted within a day or 2 by phone from their HR office. They asked a lot of the basic interview questions like "Why do you want to work for Jenny Craig?" and set me up with an interview with the local center director. What was nice about that was the fact that they were very flexible with what time I of day I wanted to have the interview. When I arrived I filled out a job application, which was also simple, and straight forward. The director was very pleasant, we just went through my resume and talked about my recent job experiences. I was offered the position though I couldnt actually start for a number of weeks as it was their slow season at the time. (Summer)

Interview Question – There were really no difficult or unexpected questions...the typical things that you get during an interview and I never felt nervous during it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation but was happy with what was offered. ($11 hr)

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Jenny Craig in January 2014.

Interview Details – No real structured interview process so if you prepare yourself with customary interview skills and Q&A you can wing the interview...

Interview Question – None that would make you rethink yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Needed to be employed before my unemployment ran out

Jenny Craig Consultant and Program Consultant Interview

Jenny Craig Consultant and Program Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jenny Craig in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. i was told that i would be called first then possibly interviewed. first i went through a general interview. the second was with the market director to see if i was a good candidate, then after passing, i went through a 3rd in person at the center i would be hired at.
then after being hired i had to pass through training and 3 months of evaluation.

Interview Question – I was asked to role play a weight loss consultation with the market director.
i was also asked to give an example of when i might have seen something dishonest happen in the work place
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jenny Craig

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jenny Craig interview questions and advice. All 70 interview reviews posted anonymously by Jenny Craig employees and interview candidates.