Jenny Craig

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

I initially responded to a post on Monster from a local office. I was contacted within a day or 2 by phone from their HR office. They asked a lot of the basic interview questions like "Why do you want to work for Jenny Craig?" and set me up with an interview with the local center director. What was nice about that was the fact that they were very flexible with what time I of day I wanted to have the interview. When I arrived I filled out a job application, which was also simple, and straight forward. The director was very pleasant, we just went through my resume and talked about my recent job experiences. I was offered the position though I couldnt actually start for a number of weeks as it was their slow season at the time. (Summer)

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult or unexpected questions...the typical things that you get during an interview and I never felt nervous during it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation but was happy with what was offered. ($11 hr)

Area Market Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jenny Craig.

There is a brief phone screen and then you interview with a Centre Director. The questions are all behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • You can be asked to demonstrate a lead call or a consultation.   View Answer
    There is not negotiation. There is a set scale of pay.

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jenny Craig.

Had to have a drug test and background check

I couldn't negotate

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jenny Craig in January 2014.

No real structured interview process so if you prepare yourself with customary interview skills and Q&A you can wing the interview...

Interview Questions
    Needed to be employed before my unemployment ran out

Centre Director Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Jenny Craig.

The Market Director interviews for the CD position. They usually hire from within. You have to be a consultant or a program consultant first. You are given all of the information about the center you are being hired for and then present your case of how and what needs improvement.

Interview Questions
    • How are you going to turn the center into a profitable one? Business is down 20% in most centers year over year. Some are meeting fiscal goals because they are in affluent areas. What will you do that will be different to improve this center?   Answer Question
    It wasn't really a negotiation. I had heard that the previous CD was making $45,000. I expected to be offered the equivalent, but was not. I was dissapointed, but was told that there was no room for negotiation.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jenny Craig.

Two interviews both with center director

Interview Questions
    • asked to role play a situation where I had to motivate a client who had lost sight of their goal   Answer Question
    simple

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jenny Craig.

I had 2 interviews in 1 day with the center director and the area marketing director. The interview process was easy and well managed.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with a minimum wage plus commission job?   View Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Jenny Craig.

There was practically no interview process. I was asked my availability and when I could begin work. At the time, the center I was applying for was relatively new, so they were waiting for one of the corporate trainers to come in and train the new hires. Since I was available for training and had pretty open availability, I was hired.

The process (or lack thereof) was rather strange. I expected there to be more actual interview questions, so that the owner could gain a better understanding of my ability to work with his clients.

Also, while it wasn't technically required, it was highly encouraged that new hires spend a few weeks on the Jenny Craig diet plan.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Jenny Craig.

Apply online, phone interview first, in-person second, then another phone interview followed

Interview Questions
    • Did I ever have to argue something to upper management, why and what was the outcome   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Straight hourly plus commission.

Not Sure What Happened Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jenny Craig.

I got a call from 1-800 number had a phone interview, did good. Next step driver 1 hour from home for a 10 min interview (I think the lady just wanted to get rid of me, she was not ready for an interview). She asked me about 2 questions and said I am going to send you resume to our Director at the office near you. Then I left. It was over the 4th of July week, so I waited until Monday after the 4th she was out for the day, but the lady was going to have the director call me. Two days letter I get an email stating I don't met the qualifications they are looking for. You think they would have figured something 1st time when they say my resume.