Jenny Craig Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

Program Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Jenny Craig.

When I got to the center the person I was to see was not there. I was told she was out for the day. No one there knew I was supposed to be coming in for interview. One of the women there called several other people in other offices and found another location I could go to for interview.

Interview Questions
    • Would I cover up for another employee if I knew they had done something against company policy   Answer Question
    Not really any negotiation -- just take it or leave it. They did tell me I would be making more in commission than I do.

JCC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Jenny Craig in November 2010.

Go through a phone interview then they call to set up face to face.

Interview Questions
    • Regular questions i.e. "Have you ever had an experience where you had a confrontation from someone else and how did you handle it?" "What is your biggest weakness?" "What is your biggest strength?"   Answer Question
    I went through 2 interviews. They sent me to a location that was different they the job posting. During the interview, I was applying for a position that was base plus commission , they offered me a little more dollar rate but then no commission. I needed a job desperately so I took it.

Anonymous Employee  in  Chino Hills, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Chino Hills, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Jenny Craig in May 2013.

I applied online and then received an email with a phone number to call within 24 hours for a phone interview. The phone interview was a "pre-screening" process with your typical interview questions. After the phone call, I was contacted with a time to meet the Center director for a one one one interview. My interview was scheduled at 8am, but I was told to get there 15 minutes early. I called ahead to confirm, because JC opens at 8am, and they said to still be there early.

On the day of my one on one interview, I showed up at 7:45am, but no one showed up until 8:10am. I told the receptionist I was there for an interview and she said the director should be there shortly to meet with me. At almost 8:30am, the receptionist told me she spoke with the director and she wouldn't be in until 4pm, then asked if I could come in then. Huge red flag.

I went back at 4pm and the director did not show up until 4:15pm, flustered and full of excuses. But, she was very nice so I still held out hope. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of a lot of questions, most of them were the same ones I answered in the pre-screening phone interview. Then we did some role playing, and she asked about my hobbies. The pay/commission scale was also discussed. She also said they needed to hire someone ASAP and was glad when I said I could start right away.

She said she liked me and was very excited about the possibility of me joining Jenny Craig, and I would most certainly have a second interview with the Market Director. She said if I didn't hear anything in a week to call her. I didn't hear anything, so I called her the following Monday. When she didn't return my call, I waited a week and called again. She said the Market Director was very busy, but I'd definitely get that second interview!! Two more weeks went by, so I phoned again and left a message letting her know I was still very interested. I never heard back. I waited one more week and I finally reached her but (I think) only because she is the one who answered the phone. She seemed a bit caught off guard and said, "Oh! I got your message, haven't forgotten about you!", which I thought odd, since she never returned any of my calls. She then went on to say she didn't know what was going on, but heard there was a hiring freeze, and would find out and let me know.

She called back the next day and told me yes, in fact, there was a hiring freeze and there would be no second interview. I found that strange, as in the interview, I was told they needed to hire someone right away. Very unorganized and disappointing.

Anonymous Employee  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Jenny Craig in July 2012.

Interview at offices was about 40 minutes. Interviewer asked questions about how to handle difficult clients, and achievements. At the end there was some role playing on how to inspire and sell a product.

Interview Questions
    • Role play on how to inspire someone to purchase Jenny Craig products. Ask opened questions.   Answer Question

Program Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Jenny Craig.

Nothing special. it took about an hour. lots of paperwork. some roleplay. one interview was done by phone.

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jenny Craig.

Can sometimes be lenghty. When you apply on line it can take a bit longer. A outisde company will call you and schedule the first interview. If you happen to be a client applying or in person, you sometimes have a meeting with the Center Director. Then you wait and see if the Area Director is coming to town or if you'll be doing a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you had to exercise ethics in making a decision that was difficult?   Answer Question

Center Director Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Jenny Craig in January 2009.

Two interviews. They like to hear specific past examples. For example, they asked how I achieved specific sales results in the past. They wanted to know what the goal was, the steps I took to achieve it and what the exact end dollar result was.

Interview Questions
    • We actually did what was called a role play. I had to be the consultant and they were the client.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Jenny Craig.

Very short, one visit, did not get to meet my direct report or department leadership before offer.

Interview Questions
    Reached max offer in first conversation.
    Signing bonus was offered same day to cover gap.

Sales Consultant, Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Jenny Craig in October 2012.

I was first interviewed by phone, then was interviewed in office. Waited a little over a week for my final answer, which was, they had picked another candidate that had previously worked for Jenny and has experience. I thought my interview went very well and was pretty sure I had the job. The phone interview caught me off guard, not much time to think, but the un person.interview questions were almost identical.

Interview Questions
    • How have you helped a friend reach a personal goal?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jenny Craig.

Easy interview. They will seriously hire pretty much anyone as long as you say that you want to help people and that you are a motivated seller. In their job description, they say that you will easily make 18 an hr. Know that it is $8 + commission... No drug test/background check or anything like that though.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of role play, what would you do if a client was unhappy?   Answer Question