Jenny Craig

72 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Studio City, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Jenny Craig in May 2012.

Interview Details – Unprofessional! I think I was over-qualified but then why bring me in for a f2f if you're not going to ask me any questions! Waste of time!

Interview Question – Why Jenny?   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

Program Director
Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Jenny Craig in January 2008.

Interview Details – I had an interview with the Centre Director and then with the Market Director

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you delivered exceptional customer service   Answer Question

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

Weight Loss Consultant
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Jenny Craig in January 2012.

Interview Details – Completed application with a on line test asking basic sales technique questions. Received immediate email giving instructions to call 800# within 24 hours. Called and completed a 15 minute phone interview again asking sales technique questions, a question about what would you do if you saw a coworker steal and why you want to work for Jenny Craig. Said I would be forwarded to the Center Manager who is in need of hiring and would receive a call to schedule an interview if that person is interested.I received a call 2 days later and scheduled an in person interview. Completed a hard copy application. Interview lasted 1 hour and 20 minutes. 3 days later received another call to schedule another in person interview with the regional marketing person. This interview lasted one hour. Many of the same sales questions were asked. How you handle other peoples perceptions of you, how you have helped someone reach a goal, how you handled a previous coworker that you did not like or get along with. 2 days later, received a job offer.
Staff very friendly, felt comfortable in the environment and sounded like good training would be offered

Interview Question – How have you handled someone's perception of you, especially if you didnt agree with their perception?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – salary offer was $7.25 per hour

Very Difficult Interview

Operations Administrative Assistant Interview

Operations Administrative Assistant
Carlsbad, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Jenny Craig in January 2012.

Interview Details – I received a call from a Recruiter saying that she had an exciting opportunity for me at Jenny Craig. I asked her when did her client (Jenny Craig) want to meet me for an interview and she replied that no interview was necessary and that I was to report to work at 9:00 a.m the following morning and gave me a contact name.

I arrive on time, I announce to the Receptionist that I was there to meet with my contact and she immediately handed me a job application and briefly spoke about the interview process. Although an unusual process when working through an agency, I figured it was company policy and filled out the application and was told that a different person would be 'interviewing me' because my contact was unavailable.

At this point I figured there was a misunderstanding between Jenny Craig and the Agency and that I would be there for an actual interview and to work. Several people greeted me during the 90 minute wait and they all asked me the same questions with a 'deer in headlights' look in their faces: "What position are you here for?" followed by "And who are you going to interview with?"

Finally after a very long wait, two ladies come greet me at the lobby and one says "We've been waiting for you all morning..." to what I replied "I have been here all morning." They looked at each other asked me "Did XYZ meet with you earlier?" my response "No. She was unavailable according to the Receptionist and I was advised to wait for you here."

I could go on for days with all the ridiculous details but the bottom line is - I was asked to sit and wait until they both came back from an "important and unrelated meeting" so that "we could sort things out." I responded that I could come back the following morning, allowing them sufficient time to discuss internally with my contact and my Recruiter. Obviously I was being polite - what I really wanted to say was: "Call me if you ever get your heads out of your @sses!"

Interview Question – "Why are you here?"   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Per my narrative above, I really did not decline 'an offer'... I basically was caught up in the middle of a huge communication gap.

Program Consultant Interview

Program Consultant
Farmington Hills, MI

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jenny Craig in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was given a standard phone screening interview, which asked basic questions such as "tell me about yourself..." etc. Later I was called by a national recruiter to schedule an in-person interview. The time and date were set and I received a phone call 1 hour before I was supposed to show up from the manager of the local branch asking me to reschedule. That should have been my first sign - but I decided to go along with it and reschedule. When I arrived at the center, the manager was late interviewing me and was very unprofessional. She asked standard questions and had me do a mock phone sales script. It was all very standard. Later, she thanked me for coming and promised to be in touch. I didn't hear from her, so I followed up with her a week later. She said that she didn't think I was truly interested in the position. I couldn't believe my ears! I reassured her that I was very interested, and she said "Okay" I will talk to my district manager and get back to you". It took another week to hear back from her, and that only happened because I called several times. She told me that the liked me and offered me the position by phone. Then a day later I received an email saying that they hired someone else for the job. Confused, I called the manager and could not reach her. She wouldn't take my calls or call me back.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – They are so unprofessional and the environment wouldn't be good.

Milpitas, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Jenny Craig in September 2011.

Interview Details – Basically....same as everyone has posted. Just memorize all the questions listed here...and have your answers.....One very different question....one that I don't like....was that the phone interview began with the question: "IN THE PAST YEAR, HOW MANY EMPLOYERS HAVE YOU WORKED FOR?".....Great for those of us who switch jobs and were then laid off! Also, I had to phone twice because the first time I was disconnected by the interviewer....as many have also noted in their reviews. I was told that I passed the interview and would be phoned for the next interview.

Salem, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Jenny Craig in May 2011.

Interview Details – Called in for the phone interview and was told that they were overrun at the moment, if I could leave my # they would ring me back. They didn't. I called again the next day...and nothing. Very unprofessional.

Interview Question – How would you help someone meet their goal?   Answer Question

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Customer Service Coordinator
Fairfield, CT

Interview Details – I applied online for the Customer Service position and within minutes received an email to follow up with a phone call. Be careful to prepare before you call as this call consists of a pre-screening interview which isn't that difficult, but can catch you off guard if your not expecting it. (Typical Interview questions) I then went into the Fairfield, CT office for an interview and filled out an application which asks you at the very end to list three professional references of your choosing. I'd left my cell phone in the car for the interview (to be professional), which had all my references names & numbers and advised the person (s) interviewing me that I could certainly run back out and get it if need be. They both assured me that it wasn't necessary. I interviewed with these 2 people, and left with the understanding that they would call me in a week once they had interviewed all other candidates. When they called me again, it was to inform me that they had been calling employers listed on my resume without my consent. They hadn't called me to ask for professional references, but instead they had just started calling everyone listed on the resume I provided without my knowledge. When I asked the Center Director why she would do something like this, she said when you leave a resume its okay for them to do this. There was no professional courtesy extended in this situation. Proceed with caution when interviewing with this company, and be careful with the resume you provide. Don't list your current employer, or ask specifically who they will be calling for references.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I didn't want to work for a company that operates in such a unprofessional, thoughtless manner.

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

Weight Loss Consultant
Saint Louis, MO

Interview Details – My interview consisted of a phone interview as well as a 1:1 interview. If you pass those two, then you will go on for several more. Some of the questions were as follows:

1. what is your weakest skill.
2. what is the best/worst thing you liked about 3 of your previous jobs.
3. what is one thing you did in a previous job that was not protocol.
4. why you think you would be good for this position.

Interview Question – If someone came in that you did not care for how would you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Jenny Craig in May 2011.

Interview Details – Passed the generic phone interview..asked the most basic questions..very scripted

Interview Question – How have I handled a negative customer in the passed   View Answer