Jenny Craig

Very Difficult Interview

Operations Administrative Assistant Interview

Operations Administrative Assistant
Carlsbad, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Jenny Craig in January 2012.

Interview Details – I received a call from a Recruiter saying that she had an exciting opportunity for me at Jenny Craig. I asked her when did her client (Jenny Craig) want to meet me for an interview and she replied that no interview was necessary and that I was to report to work at 9:00 a.m the following morning and gave me a contact name.

I arrive on time, I announce to the Receptionist that I was there to meet with my contact and she immediately handed me a job application and briefly spoke about the interview process. Although an unusual process when working through an agency, I figured it was company policy and filled out the application and was told that a different person would be 'interviewing me' because my contact was unavailable.

At this point I figured there was a misunderstanding between Jenny Craig and the Agency and that I would be there for an actual interview and to work. Several people greeted me during the 90 minute wait and they all asked me the same questions with a 'deer in headlights' look in their faces: "What position are you here for?" followed by "And who are you going to interview with?"

Finally after a very long wait, two ladies come greet me at the lobby and one says "We've been waiting for you all morning..." to what I replied "I have been here all morning." They looked at each other asked me "Did XYZ meet with you earlier?" my response "No. She was unavailable according to the Receptionist and I was advised to wait for you here."

I could go on for days with all the ridiculous details but the bottom line is - I was asked to sit and wait until they both came back from an "important and unrelated meeting" so that "we could sort things out." I responded that I could come back the following morning, allowing them sufficient time to discuss internally with my contact and my Recruiter. Obviously I was being polite - what I really wanted to say was: "Call me if you ever get your heads out of your @sses!"

Interview Question – "Why are you here?"   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Per my narrative above, I really did not decline 'an offer'... I basically was caught up in the middle of a huge communication gap.

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!