Jenny Craig

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Jenny Craig.

Interview Details – I applied online and they have you call a number to set up an interview. The process is conducted of 2 interviews. The first one is where you want to make the best impression. They ask you a lot about yourself and why you want to be a weight loss consultant. I got a really nice girl named Pricilla and I really wanted to work with her in general. The second interview is reached if they like you and more of just a way to meet someone higher up. It was a far drive but it was worth it. ALSO put good references! They call them.

Interview Question – Questions weren't really difficult for me.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Even though I really wanted to be a weight loss consultant (I am going to school for healthy lifestyle coaching), the compensation was a little scary. The training is a decent pay but it's too low for having a job like that. However, commission is included so there could be a good pay.. I just don't know how busy the store is.

Weight Loss Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Jenny Craig.

Interview Details – Had to have a drug test and background check

Negotiation Details – I couldn't negotate

Weight Loss Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Jenny Craig in February 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screening, then 2 interviews in the center

Interview Question – Tell me about an obstacle you had to overcome in a previous position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for salary.

Very Easy Interview

Chino Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Jenny Craig in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and then received an email with a phone number to call within 24 hours for a phone interview. The phone interview was a "pre-screening" process with your typical interview questions. After the phone call, I was contacted with a time to meet the Center director for a one one one interview. My interview was scheduled at 8am, but I was told to get there 15 minutes early. I called ahead to confirm, because JC opens at 8am, and they said to still be there early.

On the day of my one on one interview, I showed up at 7:45am, but no one showed up until 8:10am. I told the receptionist I was there for an interview and she said the director should be there shortly to meet with me. At almost 8:30am, the receptionist told me she spoke with the director and she wouldn't be in until 4pm, then asked if I could come in then. Huge red flag.

I went back at 4pm and the director did not show up until 4:15pm, flustered and full of excuses. But, she was very nice so I still held out hope. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of a lot of questions, most of them were the same ones I answered in the pre-screening phone interview. Then we did some role playing, and she asked about my hobbies. The pay/commission scale was also discussed. She also said they needed to hire someone ASAP and was glad when I said I could start right away.

She said she liked me and was very excited about the possibility of me joining Jenny Craig, and I would most certainly have a second interview with the Market Director. She said if I didn't hear anything in a week to call her. I didn't hear anything, so I called her the following Monday. When she didn't return my call, I waited a week and called again. She said the Market Director was very busy, but I'd definitely get that second interview!! Two more weeks went by, so I phoned again and left a message letting her know I was still very interested. I never heard back. I waited one more week and I finally reached her but (I think) only because she is the one who answered the phone. She seemed a bit caught off guard and said, "Oh! I got your message, haven't forgotten about you!", which I thought odd, since she never returned any of my calls. She then went on to say she didn't know what was going on, but heard there was a hiring freeze, and would find out and let me know.

She called back the next day and told me yes, in fact, there was a hiring freeze and there would be no second interview. I found that strange, as in the interview, I was told they needed to hire someone right away. Very unorganized and disappointing.

Carlsbad, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Jenny Craig in July 2012.

Interview Details – Interview at offices was about 40 minutes. Interviewer asked questions about how to handle difficult clients, and achievements. At the end there was some role playing on how to inspire and sell a product.

Interview Question – Role play on how to inspire someone to purchase Jenny Craig products. Ask opened questions.   Answer Question

Weight Loss Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jenny Craig.

Interview Details – Can sometimes be lenghty. When you apply on line it can take a bit longer. A outisde company will call you and schedule the first interview. If you happen to be a client applying or in person, you sometimes have a meeting with the Center Director. Then you wait and see if the Area Director is coming to town or if you'll be doing a phone interview.

Interview Question – When was a time you had to exercise ethics in making a decision that was difficult?   Answer Question

Carlsbad, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jenny Craig.

Interview Details – Easy interview. They will seriously hire pretty much anyone as long as you say that you want to help people and that you are a motivated seller. In their job description, they say that you will easily make 18 an hr. Know that it is $8 + commission... No drug test/background check or anything like that though.

Interview Question – A lot of role play, what would you do if a client was unhappy?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Jenny Craig in January 2012.

Interview Details – Completed application with a on line test asking basic sales technique questions. Received immediate email giving instructions to call 800# within 24 hours. Called and completed a 15 minute phone interview again asking sales technique questions, a question about what would you do if you saw a coworker steal and why you want to work for Jenny Craig. Said I would be forwarded to the Center Manager who is in need of hiring and would receive a call to schedule an interview if that person is interested.I received a call 2 days later and scheduled an in person interview. Completed a hard copy application. Interview lasted 1 hour and 20 minutes. 3 days later received another call to schedule another in person interview with the regional marketing person. This interview lasted one hour. Many of the same sales questions were asked. How you handle other peoples perceptions of you, how you have helped someone reach a goal, how you handled a previous coworker that you did not like or get along with. 2 days later, received a job offer.
Staff very friendly, felt comfortable in the environment and sounded like good training would be offered

Interview Question – How have you handled someone's perception of you, especially if you didnt agree with their perception?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – salary offer was $7.25 per hour

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Jenny Craig in May 2011.

Interview Details – My interview consisted of a phone interview as well as a 1:1 interview. If you pass those two, then you will go on for several more. Some of the questions were as follows:

1. what is your weakest skill.
2. what is the best/worst thing you liked about 3 of your previous jobs.
3. what is one thing you did in a previous job that was not protocol.
4. why you think you would be good for this position.

Interview Question – If someone came in that you did not care for how would you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Jenny Craig in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online through Jenny Craig website, and got a phone interview an hour later, and was told I passed that stage on their recruitment process.. I was then contacted that same day to schedule in person interview which I did for that coming up Wednesday. The entire interview went super smooth and I could tell they were impressed by me. The girl then said I should come back for a second interview with their regional manager, but then she realized that the regional manager happened to be in the store that day so I ended up having that second interview right there on the spot. The second one also went really smoothly. She then asked for my references and said she would call me (didn't specify when)/ I thanked her for her time and left. The next day (Thursday) I was told my references were checked, and then next day (Friday) I got a call from them offering me a position ! I was really happy as it all seemed to happen so fast in less than 2 days !

Interview Question – What sources do you use to manage your time effectively?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jenny Craig

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jenny Craig Weight Loss Consultant interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Jenny Craig employees and interview candidates.