Jenny Craig

Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.7

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

Apply online then meet with center director - she is great! General questions first time in... follow ups are more situational and you may be asked to participate in a role play.

no negotiation anymore

Other Interview Reviews for Jenny Craig

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Jenny Craig.

I applied on line and answered a few questions. Someone called me back and asked more detailed questions. Then I was given an interview face to face, a few days later. I then met with the market director for another interview.

Interview Questions
    • what was one way in the past you motivated someone to change (phone interview)
      The 1:1 interview was more difficult. She asked many questions but especially about motivation. Specifically how would I motivate someone with a weight problem that really did not appear interested in losing weight but wanted a quick fix.

Answer Question

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jenny Craig in October 2014.

interview process was normal i had 2 interviews the people seemed friendly they asked why i haven't worked in the last 6 month and i told them my dad had stage 4 cancer.

I was offered a position and told i had 24 or 48 to complete background, credit and drug screening and then they sent me a email saying i would start 11-06-2014.

So on Tuesday 11-04-2014 i received a email saying the drug test wasn't back and i couldn't on 11-06-2014 which was a Thursday so i called and they said i would most likely start on Monday.

one hour later i was called told my aunt had a stroke and my dad didn't look good. so bought a ticket for a flight to Michigan coming back Monday morning at 6:45 am so i could start.

i left Wednesday morning for Michigan. My dad had stage 4 lung cancer and took a turn for the worst and passed away 11-06-2014 i was with him.
    i called jenny Craig to see if i could start a week later and no one gave me a answer. so i reached out twice to follow up and received no answer. on 11-12-2014 while i'm at my fathers funeral viewing a employee of jenny Craig said they weren't holding the position, i asked if i could start 11-14-2014 that i was at the funeral home and i could send them proof of his death. and they said it was not needed that they are not starting me.

This company has no heart at all.

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jenny Craig.

Applied online and received an email stating to call corporate for a phone interview. The interview involved general questions like "Explain a time when you helped a person and how did you help them?" I then received an email with a time for a personal interview. In the interview I was asked to role play as a consultant and the interviewer acted like a walk-in client. The general idea is that they want you to be personable and ask a lot of open ended questions. Let the client do most of the talking. Then, once you have gathered the information, explain why the program works perfectly for their needs. I had two interviews before being accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jenny Craig.

I applied online and they have you call a number to set up an interview. The process is conducted of 2 interviews. The first one is where you want to make the best impression. They ask you a lot about yourself and why you want to be a weight loss consultant. I got a really nice girl named Pricilla and I really wanted to work with her in general. The second interview is reached if they like you and more of just a way to meet someone higher up. It was a far drive but it was worth it. ALSO put good references! They call them.

Interview Questions

Even though I really wanted to be a weight loss consultant (I am going to school for healthy lifestyle coaching), the compensation was a little scary. The training is a decent pay but it's too low for having a job like that. However, commission is included so there could be a good pay.. I just don't know how busy the store is.

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jenny Craig.

Had to have a drug test and background check

I couldn't negotate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Jenny Craig in May 2013.

I applied online and then received an email with a phone number to call within 24 hours for a phone interview. The phone interview was a "pre-screening" process with your typical interview questions. After the phone call, I was contacted with a time to meet the Center director for a one one one interview. My interview was scheduled at 8am, but I was told to get there 15 minutes early. I called ahead to confirm, because JC opens at 8am, and they said to still be there early.

On the day of my one on one interview, I showed up at 7:45am, but no one showed up until 8:10am. I told the receptionist I was there for an interview and she said the director should be there shortly to meet with me. At almost 8:30am, the receptionist told me she spoke with the director and she wouldn't be in until 4pm, then asked if I could come in then. Huge red flag.

I went back at 4pm and the director did not show up until 4:15pm, flustered and full of excuses. But, she was very nice so I still held out hope. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of a lot of questions, most of them were the same ones I answered in the pre-screening phone interview. Then we did some role playing, and she asked about my hobbies. The pay/commission scale was also discussed. She also said they needed to hire someone ASAP and was glad when I said I could start right away.

She said she liked me and was very excited about the possibility of me joining Jenny Craig, and I would most certainly have a second interview with the Market Director. She said if I didn't hear anything in a week to call her. I didn't hear anything, so I called her the following Monday. When she didn't return my call, I waited a week and called again. She said the Market Director was very busy, but I'd definitely get that second interview!! Two more weeks went by, so I phoned again and left a message letting her know I was still very interested. I never heard back. I waited one more week and I finally reached her but (I think) only because she is the one who answered the phone. She seemed a bit caught off guard and said, "Oh! I got your message, haven't forgotten about you!", which I thought odd, since she never returned any of my calls. She then went on to say she didn't know what was going on, but heard there was a hiring freeze, and would find out and let me know.

She called back the next day and told me yes, in fact, there was a hiring freeze and there would be no second interview. I found that strange, as in the interview, I was told they needed to hire someone right away. Very unorganized and disappointing.

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jenny Craig.

Can sometimes be lenghty. When you apply on line it can take a bit longer. A outisde company will call you and schedule the first interview. If you happen to be a client applying or in person, you sometimes have a meeting with the Center Director. Then you wait and see if the Area Director is coming to town or if you'll be doing a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you had to exercise ethics in making a decision that was difficult?   Answer Question

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jenny Craig in January 2013.

I had two interviews. One was with the Center Director and the other was with a Corporate Professional. They asked me to role play open ended questions with a client, asked how I would respond if a client had to work with a different consultant, if I had sales experience, minded making cold calls and other questions.

Interview Questions
    • The scenario question.. where I had to role play open ended questions.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jenny Craig.

Easy interview. They will seriously hire pretty much anyone as long as you say that you want to help people and that you are a motivated seller. In their job description, they say that you will easily make 18 an hr. Know that it is $8 + commission... No drug test/background check or anything like that though.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of role play, what would you do if a client was unhappy?   Answer Question