Jenny Craig Weight Loss Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.7

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jenny Craig.

Applied online and received an email stating to call corporate for a phone interview. The interview involved general questions like "Explain a time when you helped a person and how did you help them?" I then received an email with a time for a personal interview. In the interview I was asked to role play as a consultant and the interviewer acted like a walk-in client. The general idea is that they want you to be personable and ask a lot of open ended questions. Let the client do most of the talking. Then, once you have gathered the information, explain why the program works perfectly for their needs. I had two interviews before being accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Jenny Craig

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Jenny Craig.

I applied online and they have you call a number to set up an interview. The process is conducted of 2 interviews. The first one is where you want to make the best impression. They ask you a lot about yourself and why you want to be a weight loss consultant. I got a really nice girl named Pricilla and I really wanted to work with her in general. The second interview is reached if they like you and more of just a way to meet someone higher up. It was a far drive but it was worth it. ALSO put good references! They call them.

Interview Questions

Even though I really wanted to be a weight loss consultant (I am going to school for healthy lifestyle coaching), the compensation was a little scary. The training is a decent pay but it's too low for having a job like that. However, commission is included so there could be a good pay.. I just don't know how busy the store is.

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Jenny Craig.

Had to have a drug test and background check

I couldn't negotate

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Jenny Craig in February 2010.

Phone screening, then 2 interviews in the center

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an obstacle you had to overcome in a previous position   Answer Question
    No negotiation for salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chino Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Jenny Craig in May 2013.

I applied online and then received an email with a phone number to call within 24 hours for a phone interview. The phone interview was a "pre-screening" process with your typical interview questions. After the phone call, I was contacted with a time to meet the Center director for a one one one interview. My interview was scheduled at 8am, but I was told to get there 15 minutes early. I called ahead to confirm, because JC opens at 8am, and they said to still be there early.

On the day of my one on one interview, I showed up at 7:45am, but no one showed up until 8:10am. I told the receptionist I was there for an interview and she said the director should be there shortly to meet with me. At almost 8:30am, the receptionist told me she spoke with the director and she wouldn't be in until 4pm, then asked if I could come in then. Huge red flag.

I went back at 4pm and the director did not show up until 4:15pm, flustered and full of excuses. But, she was very nice so I still held out hope. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of a lot of questions, most of them were the same ones I answered in the pre-screening phone interview. Then we did some role playing, and she asked about my hobbies. The pay/commission scale was also discussed. She also said they needed to hire someone ASAP and was glad when I said I could start right away.

She said she liked me and was very excited about the possibility of me joining Jenny Craig, and I would most certainly have a second interview with the Market Director. She said if I didn't hear anything in a week to call her. I didn't hear anything, so I called her the following Monday. When she didn't return my call, I waited a week and called again. She said the Market Director was very busy, but I'd definitely get that second interview!! Two more weeks went by, so I phoned again and left a message letting her know I was still very interested. I never heard back. I waited one more week and I finally reached her but (I think) only because she is the one who answered the phone. She seemed a bit caught off guard and said, "Oh! I got your message, haven't forgotten about you!", which I thought odd, since she never returned any of my calls. She then went on to say she didn't know what was going on, but heard there was a hiring freeze, and would find out and let me know.

She called back the next day and told me yes, in fact, there was a hiring freeze and there would be no second interview. I found that strange, as in the interview, I was told they needed to hire someone right away. Very unorganized and disappointing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Jenny Craig in July 2012.

Interview at offices was about 40 minutes. Interviewer asked questions about how to handle difficult clients, and achievements. At the end there was some role playing on how to inspire and sell a product.

Interview Questions
    • Role play on how to inspire someone to purchase Jenny Craig products. Ask opened questions.   Answer Question

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jenny Craig.

Can sometimes be lenghty. When you apply on line it can take a bit longer. A outisde company will call you and schedule the first interview. If you happen to be a client applying or in person, you sometimes have a meeting with the Center Director. Then you wait and see if the Area Director is coming to town or if you'll be doing a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you had to exercise ethics in making a decision that was difficult?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jenny Craig.

Easy interview. They will seriously hire pretty much anyone as long as you say that you want to help people and that you are a motivated seller. In their job description, they say that you will easily make 18 an hr. Know that it is $8 + commission... No drug test/background check or anything like that though.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of role play, what would you do if a client was unhappy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Jenny Craig in January 2012.

Completed application with a on line test asking basic sales technique questions. Received immediate email giving instructions to call 800# within 24 hours. Called and completed a 15 minute phone interview again asking sales technique questions, a question about what would you do if you saw a coworker steal and why you want to work for Jenny Craig. Said I would be forwarded to the Center Manager who is in need of hiring and would receive a call to schedule an interview if that person is interested.I received a call 2 days later and scheduled an in person interview. Completed a hard copy application. Interview lasted 1 hour and 20 minutes. 3 days later received another call to schedule another in person interview with the regional marketing person. This interview lasted one hour. Many of the same sales questions were asked. How you handle other peoples perceptions of you, how you have helped someone reach a goal, how you handled a previous coworker that you did not like or get along with. 2 days later, received a job offer.
    Staff very friendly, felt comfortable in the environment and sounded like good training would be offered

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled someone's perception of you, especially if you didnt agree with their perception?   Answer Question

salary offer was $7.25 per hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Jenny Craig in May 2011.

My interview consisted of a phone interview as well as a 1:1 interview. If you pass those two, then you will go on for several more. Some of the questions were as follows:

1. what is your weakest skill.
    2. what is the best/worst thing you liked about 3 of your previous jobs.
    3. what is one thing you did in a previous job that was not protocol.
    4. why you think you would be good for this position.

Interview Questions
    • If someone came in that you did not care for how would you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!