Jersey Mike's

Updated Dec 6, 2014
Updated Dec 6, 2014

1.8

Cashier/Sandwich Maker Interview

I applied when I was 16 or 17, got a call a couple weeks later to come in for an interview.
    The day of the interview was a disaster, I didn't have the proper attire on and I was about 5-10 minutes late. I came in and told the employee there I was supposed to have an interview with the manager... hoping it wasn't too late. She told me he had already left but she will call him to come back! I was very surprised by that. So as I was waiting she was doing something in the back, so I was alone in the dining room. It was a windy day and the door kept on cracking open. Before you know it there was a damn crow flying around the dining room, I panicked because I thought the manager would come and see me sitting there with a crow, like did you bring your pet or something? So I quickly tried to get the bird out of the door and it worked! I was so relieved. I finally had a chance to interview when the manager came back and he was VERY nice about everything, we even laughed the whole thing off. He said he had some other interviews to do and would call me if anything. The next day he called me and I was hired! I am 21 now and all I can say to anybody whether its their first job or just having a hard time finding a job is that do not give up and always have hope. During that time of my life I felt hopeless, broke, and thought nobody would hire me because did not have experience. This experience gave me such a positive outlook on things even years later it effects me.

Interview Questions
    Minimum wage, no negotiations.

Shift Leader Interview

very easy and training takes only a week. they are opening many new stores across country so there are many jobs and many chances for advancements. you sit with gm and he asks you about prior experience and explains jobs are based on battlefield promotions

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jersey Mike's.

I thought the interview process was easy going and straight forward.They didn't ask a lot of questions, I guess it was because they just liked my personality right off the back.

Interview Questions

Opportunity came right when school started.

General Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jersey Mike's.

Soliciting is usually done through Craig's List and the interviews are usually open for anyone to walk on. Be talkative and friendly, do some research about the company and mention your favorite sandwiches and you will be looking good.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much to negotiate although some have been successful at it

Sprinkler/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Jersey Mike's.

Meeting with an assistant manager led to meeting the manager on site same day. I was able to meet with the owner quickly after that.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Jersey Mike's?   View Answer
    Two week wait to come on board.

Crew Member Interview

Applied and had a call back a week later. Went to the interview pretty nervous because it was a new shop in a nice area. When I walked in and sat down with the two owners I was nervous til we started talking. I realized they were just a couple of great guys just running a sub shop as a laid back occupation from their current jobs. Interview questions were basic, We mostly talked about skills and how they can be applied on duty. We later started to get to know each other and talked about sports. Say it was a great interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or difficult, just what skills i had and where i would apply them.   Answer Question
    If i worked my butt off I could be promoted to shift leader, still working on it.

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jersey Mike's in September 2013.

They hire based on business need and business varies from store to store but no matter where you work the pay is awful.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work for 8-9 dollars am hour?   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jersey Mike's in April 2013.

Showed interest to General Manager through a walk in, submitted a resume although it was not needed, did an initial "interview" on the spot. He contacted me a week later and had me come in for a second "interview", told me I was hired and gave me a training DVD to study up on the position

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say there was a most difficult question considering I let him know I was a veteran upfront and was way overqualified for the position   Answer Question
    Considering I was living in a "right to work" state like Nevada there wasn't much room for negotiations. He offered me the Nevada minimum wage of 8.25/hour and then gave me a 25 cent raise about 3 months later.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jersey Mike's in January 2012.

The hiring process is tedious and long. I felt as if I was never going to get hired.

Interview Questions

The jobs were too packed. Slow

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jersey Mike's in October 2011.

Jersey Mike's job listings can be found on Craigslist. They will call you for an interview. Most people will go through 2 interviews max, but some people were hired after 1 interview.

Typical interview questions: Strengths/Weaknesses, Why you want to work there, hypothetical scenarios, define customer service, give example of when you gave good service.

Be prepared for a lengthy interview. Both of mine were at least an hour long.

No drug tests or background checks.

Interview Questions
    • Providing a good example of customer service or why you want to work there.   Answer Question