JetBlue Inflight Crew member Interview Questions

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Inflight Crew member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest Hills, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at JetBlue (Forest Hills, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

The Jetblue interview process was very different from other interviews that I had experienced. It first started off with a recruiter calling you and scheduling you to do a telephone interview where you would call a number and a machine would ask you a series of questions and record your answer. After you've successfully completed the telephone interview, the recruiter then calls you in for a face-face interview. For me this happened within two weeks, but for most people it depends on how soon the telephone interview is to the scheduled start date of training. I was then called in for a face-face interview. There were approximately 80+ people gathered at their Forest Hills corporate office. When we went in, we were asked to check in and complete some paperwork. After that process we were then directed do a drug and alcohol test. This required our urine samples. While some people were submitting urine samples others were undergoing a sort of panel interview. We were split up into groups of 4s and 5s for the panel interview. My panel consisted of 3 interviewers. They asked questions about how we can relate to Jetblue's 5 core values, previous customer service experience as well as why we wanted to work for Jetblue. After everyone completed their panel interview we were then briefed by members from Corporate who talked about Jetblue and the airline industry. After that were once again brought before another panel, this time we talked more about our experiences and introduce ourselves to each other. Its important to note that in this final exercise I was asked to recall something in particular about one of the members who were in my group and also to talk about someone who I met and spoke with while waiting to be interviewed. This is a true test of our people skills. About two days later I received a call stating that I was successful in my interview and that I would be hired pending a background check. The background check took about a week and was done by a third party company, who may at times contact you to request more information. They go waaay back. As far as even to high school. My high school was contacted to confirm that I went there. After the background check you are sent an offer letter and are contacted to book your flight to Orlando, where your training would begin. After youve successfully completed approximately 3 weeks of paid training, you do an initial flight and are placed on the line to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I think that Jetblue is a wonderful company to work for. The benefits are great and the company's culture is so different.