JetBlue

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Airport Operations Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at JetBlue in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied 4/14
Invite for phone interview 4/15 (completed 4/16)
Phone call and email for f2f 4/23
F2F interview 4/28
Consented to background check 4/30
Drug test 5/7
Background check completed 5/9
Official offer received 5/15

Relaxed in person interview..group setting wasn't as strange as I thought it would be! Longest process is waiting on background check company.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at jetBlue?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Airport Operations Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at JetBlue in February 2014.

Interview Details – -Applied for job on 2/11/14
-Emailed about phone interview and submitted answers the same day 2/18/14
-Contacted about face to face interview 02/21/14
-Actual face to face interview on 02/26/14
-Called with job offer on 03/03/14

Staff and HR crew were very friendly and personable, i guess they wanted you to capture the essence of the company.

Interview Question – Phone interview was standard customer service questions.
F2F Interview was standard CSR questions as well and a quick overlook on your resume.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Airport Operations Crew Member

I applied online and interviewed at JetBlue.

Interview Details – Applied for JB A.O @ JFK on 12/23
Virtual Interview 12/30
F2F Interview 1/14
Drug test 01/31
Finger prints 02/03
e-mail getting denied 02/07

Interview Question – What makes you unique?
Why jetblue?

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at JetBlue in January 2014.

Interview Details – timeline:
applied online 12/23/13
phone recorded interview 12/27/13
01/14/13called for a f2f interview on 01/23/13

Interview Question – phone recorded interview questions were very easy plus you have the chance to delete and record again.
questions were:
1.what did you like the most about previous job
2.what did you like the least
3.schedule flexibility
4.tell about one time that you went above and beyond to help a customer
5. what excites you about working at jetblue and why you want to work here

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, $12.50

Airport Operations Crew Member

I applied online - interviewed at JetBlue in July 2013.

Interview Details – applied online in June 2013, answered automated interview questions in july, invited to face to face group interview July 27 and was told if selected class would leave for Orlando on 9/10/13. Received email stating JetBlue identified me as someone they would like to hire and completed background check, then sent for fingerprints and drug test on 8/19. Never heard back from recruiter and class is supposedly leaving for training this week.

Interview Question – We had a group interview which can be uncomfortable because in my group one individual was first to answer every question, in particular to tell everything he knew about JetBlue and he rattled off everything that the rest of us also knew but left nothing more for us to answer. It would have been better to ask for 1 or 2 things each of us knew just to give the others in the group something to contribute   Answer Question

Airport Operations Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at JetBlue in March 2013.

Interview Details – Timeline:
3/27 Background check completed
Waited
5/09 call with conditional job offer

5/27 I leave to ORD for team member training

Interview Question – All were easy. Just watch how you interact with the group. Don't be too quiet or too talkative find the middle.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None take it or leave it

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at JetBlue in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for this position online, and about a week later JetBlue sent me an email stating that I would have a recorded interview where I would have to answer a few questions. The pros to this were that I could prepare for the questions and had the option to start my question over if I was dissatisfied with the answer. However, this style of interviewing is very awkward because you aren't speaking to someone personally.

Interview Question – Can you tell me about JetBlue?   View Answer

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at JetBlue in January 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online, receibed email to take online computer competancy test. Received call from HR for prelim questions and to set up face to face interview. Went to airport to interview with GM and HR recruiter. A supervisor also sat in. They asked basic questions concerning experience with customer service. the big thing they wanted to know was if i was flexible. and whether i was a fit for jetblue. The HR recruiter was really really nice. After I interviewed they asked me to wait out in the hall. About 5 minutes later they asked if I was available to take a drug test. They gave me paperwork and directions. If you interview and aren't asked to take a drug test, thats an indication you didnt get it. About one week later, I got a call from HR asking if I was able to go to Training in Orlando FL. Once you pass the two week training, you are hired.

Interview Question – Have you ever done anything that goes above and beyond your job duties to help a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO negotiation. Pay is what it is.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at JetBlue in May 2010.

Interview Details – After online application, an automated telephone interview was requested. Several days after the telephone interview, was emailed and telephoned to attend an in-person interview. The in-person interview was a group/panel interview and involved an overview of the company, ice-breaker activities, and then a few job-related questions.
At the interview, we were told that a background check would take place and that it would take at least two weeks before a decision would be made. We were supposed to have been fingerprinted, but the tech did was not able to arrive to do so.
I am still listed as "under consideration" on their website, but after nine weeks I have heard nothing further. As much as I would like to hold out hope, each passing day it dwindles.

Interview Questions

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at JetBlue in May 2010.

Interview Details – After sending in the initial application, I was contacted via email and instructed to call an automated interviewing service. This is the First time that this has ever happened and I didn't what to expect. Well, to me, it was a rather frustrating experience. Some of the questions are rather vague in relaying to the interviewee what type of answer they are looking for. Also, you cannot go back and change your answers after the fact. I understand why they do this, but when you finally do realize what type of answer they were looking for, it's too late. The questions asked are scenario based questions that, in my opinion, go above the normal airline interview questions. I also believe that with the automated interview process, you lose the personal aspect that airlines desire in their customer service agents.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation that you would normally take to a supervisor or manager, but handled yourself. Please describe how you handled the situation, and what the outcome was.   View Answer
  • A passenger mis-connects on a flight. She packed her meds in her checked luggage. She is traveling with 4 other passengers, and they all want to sit together. She needs to get to a wedding today. Please describe that you understand the scenario.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at JetBlue

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at JetBlue Airport Operations Crew Member interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by JetBlue employees and interview candidates.