JetBlue

2.8

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at JetBlue in October 2014.

8/4
applied online

8/5
Got email thanking me for my interest and if they are interested they will contact me

8/5
Got email saying they are interested and would like to do a phone interview.

8/7
Did phone interview with recruiter from headquarters and was scheduled to face to face

8/20
Had face to face one on one interview at airport.was asked to complete drug test in 24 hours

8/20
After interview,I was emailed request for additional personal information.

8/21
Completed drug test

8/21
I was Emailed request to complete 11 year background check info through third party. They actually call each current and past employer you list.If business is closed/out of business.they ask for check stubs, w2's, tax transcripts, or professional employment reference letter from manager or owner of that business or any business to verify the dates of employment you listed on your resume. They want to make sure you did not lie.

9/2
Scheduled to get fingerprinted

9/3
Received email Background check was completed and they were forwarding my file over to jetblue for evaluation

9/8
Got fingerprinted

10/1
Got phone call from same person that conducted my phone interview congratulating me on coming aboard.

10/1
After phone call got email welcoming me to jetblue family and reiterating benefits. Also had to sign and date offer letter and complete i9 form and email/fax all documentation back

Training in Orlando, Florida starts in less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • why do you want to work with JetBlue?
    what do you know about jetblue as a company?
    give specific details about a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker and the outcome?
    tell about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer even when you didn't have to?

View Answers (2)
Pay is set already.there is no negotiating your salary.

Other Interview Reviews for JetBlue

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at JetBlue in March 2014.

Applied 4/14
    Invite for phone interview 4/15 (completed 4/16)
    Phone call and email for f2f 4/23
    F2F interview 4/28
    Consented to background check 4/30
    Drug test 5/7
    Background check completed 5/9
    Official offer received 5/15

Relaxed in person interview..group setting wasn't as strange as I thought it would be! Longest process is waiting on background check company.

No negotiation

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at JetBlue in February 2014.

-Applied for job on 2/11/14
    -Emailed about phone interview and submitted answers the same day 2/18/14
    -Contacted about face to face interview 02/21/14
    -Actual face to face interview on 02/26/14
    -Called with job offer on 03/03/14

Staff and HR crew were very friendly and personable, i guess they wanted you to capture the essence of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview was standard customer service questions.
      F2F Interview was standard CSR questions as well and a quick overlook on your resume.

Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue.

Applied for JB A.O @ JFK on 12/23
    Virtual Interview 12/30
    F2F Interview 1/14
    Drug test 01/31
    Finger prints 02/03
    e-mail getting denied 02/07

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue in January 2014.

timeline:
    applied online 12/23/13
    phone recorded interview 12/27/13
    01/14/13called for a f2f interview on 01/23/13

Interview Questions
    • phone recorded interview questions were very easy plus you have the chance to delete and record again.
      questions were:
      5. what excites you about working at jetblue and why you want to work here

Answer Question
    no negotiation, $12.50

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue in July 2013.

applied online in June 2013, answered automated interview questions in july, invited to face to face group interview July 27 and was told if selected class would leave for Orlando on 9/10/13. Received email stating JetBlue identified me as someone they would like to hire and completed background check, then sent for fingerprints and drug test on 8/19. Never heard back from recruiter and class is supposedly leaving for training this week.

Interview Questions
    • We had a group interview which can be uncomfortable because in my group one individual was first to answer every question, in particular to tell everything he knew about JetBlue and he rattled off everything that the rest of us also knew but left nothing more for us to answer. It would have been better to ask for 1 or 2 things each of us knew just to give the others in the group something to contribute   Answer Question

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at JetBlue in March 2013.

Timeline:
    3/27 Background check completed
    Waited
    5/09 call with conditional job offer

5/27 I leave to ORD for team member training

Interview Questions
    • All were easy. Just watch how you interact with the group. Don't be too quiet or too talkative find the middle.   View Answer
    None take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at JetBlue in May 2012.

I applied for this position online, and about a week later JetBlue sent me an email stating that I would have a recorded interview where I would have to answer a few questions. The pros to this were that I could prepare for the questions and had the option to start my question over if I was dissatisfied with the answer. However, this style of interviewing is very awkward because you aren't speaking to someone personally.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at JetBlue in May 2010.

After sending in the initial application, I was contacted via email and instructed to call an automated interviewing service. This is the First time that this has ever happened and I didn't what to expect. Well, to me, it was a rather frustrating experience. Some of the questions are rather vague in relaying to the interviewee what type of answer they are looking for. Also, you cannot go back and change your answers after the fact. I understand why they do this, but when you finally do realize what type of answer they were looking for, it's too late. The questions asked are scenario based questions that, in my opinion, go above the normal airline interview questions. I also believe that with the automated interview process, you lose the personal aspect that airlines desire in their customer service agents.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a situation that you would normally take to a supervisor or manager, but handled yourself. Please describe how you handled the situation, and what the outcome was.   View Answer
    • A passenger mis-connects on a flight. She packed her meds in her checked luggage. She is traveling with 4 other passengers, and they all want to sit together. She needs to get to a wedding today. Please describe that you understand the scenario.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at JetBlue in May 2010.

After online application, an automated telephone interview was requested. Several days after the telephone interview, was emailed and telephoned to attend an in-person interview. The in-person interview was a group/panel interview and involved an overview of the company, ice-breaker activities, and then a few job-related questions.
    At the interview, we were told that a background check would take place and that it would take at least two weeks before a decision would be made. We were supposed to have been fingerprinted, but the tech did was not able to arrive to do so.
    I am still listed as "under consideration" on their website, but after nine weeks I have heard nothing further. As much as I would like to hold out hope, each passing day it dwindles.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the most difficult customer you had to work with?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about what you did to deal with someone who was uncooperative?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for the company?   Answer Question