JetBlue Airport Operations Crew Member Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015

2.7

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at JetBlue.

Interview

Interview wasn't that bad. Group interview. Then had to do drug test/background check. Now I'm just waiting for everything to be complete hopefully get an offer soon. Overall good experience. Don't be nervous! Interview is different from most jobs.its very unique the way they interview!

Interview Questions

• Whats something you don't like about your current employer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for JetBlue

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue.

Interview

First you are interviewed online with a recorded type submitted interview.
    Then the interview process is in groups. Always being observed on how you express yourself and interact with people. You are briefed on what the company is all about and are given the good and the ugly. (holidays, hours etc) Finally you are interviewed individually by a manager. They test you with what you have heard and ask th company's 5 core values(Safety, Caring, Integrity, passion and Fun)

Interview Questions

• 1. Why did you choose jetblue?
      2. Talk about a time where you had a difficult situation at work. How did you solve it? What was the outcome?
      3. Talk about a time where you had to help a co-worker
      4. scheduling availability

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at JetBlue (Rochester, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online like a month ago. Like a week later, I received an invitation to do a phone interview. A few days later I JetBlue recruiter contacted me and invited me to interview in person at the airport. The interview was cancelled twice due to the bad weather we've been having where I live. I had the interview yesterday. It was a panel interview, which sounded terrifying to me when I first heard of it! But don't let that intimidate you, just be yourself and relax...
    Friendly, fun and dynamic atmosphere. The interviewers made every one feel welcome and comfortable. Interview questions were not difficult at all. Today I received an email with the information on completed the background check. Also, someone from JetBlue called me today to schedule the fingerprinting for next week.
    As soon as the background clears they'll contact me to start training.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at JetBlue (Providence, RI) in March 2015.

Interview

It was relatively quick. I answered customer service experience questions using the STAR format. The interviewer was very concerned with taking notes of my reviews. I felt comfortable, but in the back of my head, I realized I was being tested. Overall, it was not a bad experience. The interview was quick.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Is City, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at JetBlue (Long Is City, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Very amicable and straight to the point. Although lengthy process, the actual interview was smooth. Their inviting an warm atmosphere made it easy to properly answer each question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at JetBlue (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

8/4
    applied online

8/5
    Got email thanking me for my interest and if they are interested they will contact me

8/5
    Got email saying they are interested and would like to do a phone interview.

8/7
    Did phone interview with recruiter from headquarters and was scheduled to face to face

8/20
    Had face to face one on one interview at airport.was asked to complete drug test in 24 hours

8/20
    After interview,I was emailed request for additional personal information.

8/21
    Completed drug test

8/21
    I was Emailed request to complete 11 year background check info through third party. They actually call each current and past employer you list.If business is closed/out of business.they ask for check stubs, w2's, tax transcripts, or professional employment reference letter from manager or owner of that business or any business to verify the dates of employment you listed on your resume. They want to make sure you did not lie.

9/2
    Scheduled to get fingerprinted

9/3
    Received email Background check was completed and they were forwarding my file over to jetblue for evaluation

9/8
    Got fingerprinted

10/1
    Got phone call from same person that conducted my phone interview congratulating me on coming aboard.

10/1
    After phone call got email welcoming me to jetblue family and reiterating benefits. Also had to sign and date offer letter and complete i9 form and email/fax all documentation back

Training in Orlando, Florida starts in less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work with JetBlue?
      what do you know about jetblue as a company?
      give specific details about a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker and the outcome?
      tell about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer even when you didn't have to?

2 Answers

Negotiation

Pay is set already.there is no negotiating your salary.

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at JetBlue in March 2014.

Interview

Applied 4/14
    Invite for phone interview 4/15 (completed 4/16)
    Phone call and email for f2f 4/23
    F2F interview 4/28
    Consented to background check 4/30
    Drug test 5/7
    Background check completed 5/9
    Official offer received 5/15

Relaxed in person interview..group setting wasn't as strange as I thought it would be! Longest process is waiting on background check company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at jetBlue?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at JetBlue in February 2014.

Interview

-Applied for job on 2/11/14
    -Emailed about phone interview and submitted answers the same day 2/18/14
    -Contacted about face to face interview 02/21/14
    -Actual face to face interview on 02/26/14
    -Called with job offer on 03/03/14

Staff and HR crew were very friendly and personable, i guess they wanted you to capture the essence of the company.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview was standard customer service questions.
      F2F Interview was standard CSR questions as well and a quick overlook on your resume.

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue.

Interview

Applied for JB A.O @ JFK on 12/23
    Virtual Interview 12/30
    F2F Interview 1/14
    Drug test 01/31
    Finger prints 02/03
    e-mail getting denied 02/07

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

timeline:
    applied online 12/23/13
    phone recorded interview 12/27/13
    01/14/13called for a f2f interview on 01/23/13

Interview Questions

• phone recorded interview questions were very easy plus you have the chance to delete and record again.
      questions were:
      1.what did you like the most about previous job
      2.what did you like the least
      3.schedule flexibility
      4.tell about one time that you went above and beyond to help a customer
      5. what excites you about working at jetblue and why you want to work here

Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, $12.50