JetBlue Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

3.1

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue.

Interview

This interview was very fun and the recruitment team was extremely nice and welcoming. They brought us all into a big cafeteria where we met 2 current Flight Attendants. They check your passport and give you a name tag. After that everyone was finger printed. I guess they do this to avoid needing to call you back in If you are selected to move forward. Make no mistake, this is where the process begins. You are being watched at all times and the moment you step in that building put your game face on.
After this you are taken into a conference room where every recruiter introduces themselves. They are all energetic and smiling. You need to match that energy level. They look for personality. I know it's hard but don't be nervous and they will tell you the same. But everyone was so cool so it's easy to feel comfortable. Next they ask you all to come forward and state 3 things. Your name, why you want to work for JetBlue, and a fun fact about yourself. Follow the instructions given for this point. Some people mentioned things they specifically said not to.
After that we where asked to take a break. While in the cafeteria a flight attendant with a clipboard in hand is walking around watching everything. Again, you're watched at all times.
After break we were brought back to do an activity where we built a house of cards with a team of about 4 to 5. Try to mingle with everyone and don't be in the same group you we're in for the first part. This is just to see how you work with a group. Have fun with this because again you'll be watched by 2 or 3 members of recruitment all armed with clip boards.
Then you go take lunch. Have some cash or bring food. Cafeteria has awesome selections. Again mingle and change groups. By this point you will have made "friends" and you will see true colors come out. A few flight attendants from JetBlue hung around for this part too.
Next you are given a presentation on what to expect while working with JetBlue. Take notes and pay attention. Ask questions.
Lastly you are brought back and you start the face to face interview. You have 2 of those then you read a PA out loud for 20 seconds. They want to see your personality. Smile be bubbly and friendly but be authentic. They can tell. After that you are released for the day. No one gets cut in this interview process. Everyone will be allowed to go through the entire process. Please dress appropriate. Suit and and tie. Ladies just be polished and professional. Also don't pull out your phone. Leave it on silent or off and put it away. If you can't go through this process without looking at your phone then this job is not for you anyway because you can't have it on in the plane right? Right! Good luck. I hoped this helped. The one's in My group that did what I said here got hired. They say you will get notified within a week. A few of us exchanged numbers and kept in contact. The people that got a yes receive a phone call within one or 2 business days. The no group received an email. Have fun with this.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when something changed at work. What was it and how did you cope.   Answer Question
  • Name a time at work when you got frustrated and what did you do?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when an integrity issue came into play at work. What was is it and what did you do.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for JetBlue

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at JetBlue (Long Island City, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First applied back in November 2014 and about a month and a half later received an email from HR saying they have invited me to do the video interview. You have 5 seconds to answer the question and record your answer. Was a little awkward staring at yourself answering the question. After that in beginning of January I received another email inviting me to the Blue Review and had to RSVP with the link. I decided to go to the February 11th review in Long Island City. Fast forward to the BlueReview.... starts at about 8:30AM so get there 5-10 minutes before.This is an all day event, I didn't leave until around 5PM so plan on staying all day. You first walk in and meet one of the recruiters and show them your passport and receive your name tag. You're sitting in the cafeteria where everyone else is for about 15 minutes before they take you into the conference room....BE SOCIAL. If you don't think they're watching chances are they are. You go into the conference room with about 35-40 other people and one of the recruiters says you'll go up to the front of the room one by one stating your name, why you want to be an in flight crew member, and a fun fact about yourself. Use this opportunity to stand out from the rest of the group don't just say "because I love people and I want to travel". Think outside the box and do some research on the company. For example I used "the passion the airline has it beyond anything I have seen any where else, the second I had heard Jetblue decided to fly out 2 police officers from every city for the memorial of a fallen NYPD officer I knew they were the only airline I can see myself working for". After introducing yourself you break for about 5-10 minutes as they setup for the group activity. You're broken off into groups of 5 and have to build a tower from about 30 index cards. It was a fun activity, mostly they're seeing how you work as a group so don't be discouraged if your group doesn't win. After that your sit through about an hour and a half PowerPoint about the company, the pay, and how your schedule would work...everyone starts off on reserve. Next you break for lunch which is about 45 minutes, you can either bring lunch or bring money and eat from the cafeteria which has a lot more options than I expected. After lunch you go back to the conference room where for us they took everyone's finger prints and had you read a small section from the safety briefing one on one just to make sure you can properly read and speak the English language. Next you do your interview which is yourself with 2 other lead flight attendants, takes about 10 minutes where they ask you the usual questions and talk about your work experience. After that you meet with 2 reps from HR where you explain your resume and go over your school history and work experience and they ask you a couple of questions as well and once done with all of those you're able to leave. About a week later received a call from HR saying I was selected to move onto the next step and had to submit my drug test and information for the 10 year background check. Once all clears I attend training starting April 1st in Orlando, FL. Overall it was a good experience at the interview, a little intimidating at first but in the end is worth it.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • What do you think the hardest part of being a flight attendant will be for you?   Answer Question
    • Give me a time you had a disagreement with another employee, tell me what happened and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at JetBlue (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I applied online for the position when i saw it opened. The position is called "inflight crewmember" (not flight attendant) and the position is only posted for a few hours when needed.

Interview Questions

• I just got invited to a First Round Interview, Which is a Questionnaire and an Automated Video Interview. Both done online. The interview was a bunch of questions with an A to E options to select from "I agree" "I strongly agree" "i don't agree/i don't disagree" "I disagree" "I strongly disagree". All questions that would best describe your personality. The Video Interview was about different situations and what would you do. Or "tell us of a time when you solved a problem" kind of questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at JetBlue (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I received an invitation to have a Cyber Interview with JetBlue in November of 2014. In the email they included a link for a questionnaire and a video interview. The video interview was difficult because they give you 5 seconds to read the question and after that you are being recorded. So you feel stupid looking at yourself on a screen thinking your answer. I feel like it would be easier if you were speaking to an actual person.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle situations that are stressful?
      How do you handle stressful situations with a co-worker?
      Why do you want to work for JetBlue

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JetBlue (New York, NY).

Interview

half day long, unorganized, but definitely full of culture. it was fun, interesting, but did it in the old office building, haven't been in the new corporate office yet

Interview Questions

• why? everyone says because they want to travel. thats a given   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at JetBlue (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

It's an all day process. When all candidates are in the room, the crew introduce themselves then ask us to introduce ourselves with name, a little background, and tell them something that no one known about us. Then they did a little video presentation about the company then divide us into group for a game of building a tower with paper only but it's to see how you work in a team. After lunch break, we had a group interview (3 people) but we all answer the same questions. After that we have a quick one on one interview with the manager where they ask you what do you think will be your biggest challenge being a FA, would you have a problem being base in any of the base, and why you choose jetblue. Be relax, enjoy yourself and be very natural because they interviewing you all day. Make sure you research the company and known its business before going and please have a copy of your passport ready. Oh they also do a height test and a announcement reading process.

Interview Questions

• What would the biggest challenge being a flight attendant with JetBlue?   3 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at JetBlue (Orlando, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

In Orlando,,FL at jetBlue U. 27 candidates gathered for a presentation, then each of us got on stage with the microphone and stated our names, past job experiences and what we can bring to jetBlue. Then we were broken into teams of 7 and completed a group task and had to present it. Great team building exercise. Immediately after the recruiters left the room to go see who would make it and who wouldn't. Names were then called and those people were asked to go meet out in the lobby. The remaining 10 stayed in the auditorium and were informed they would be moving onto the next step. Then there were three parts before you got to leave. A panel interview, a one-on-one interview, and a reach and jumpseat test. After that we were told we would be contacted if we made it within 48 hours. If not we would receive an email. I got the call exactly 48 hours later as promised.

Interview Questions

• All questions were behavioral questions using the STAR method. They wanted to know a lot about the qualities of JetBlue that you would bring to the position. Be prepared for anything.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at JetBlue in April 2013.

Interview

Applied on line few weeks ago and received an email 2 weeks ago for an interview in Long Beach.

Interview Questions

• We were about 50 candidates...
      They gave us 5 minutes to learn about the person next to us and introduce this person to everybody.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at JetBlue (Long Beach, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

look for a letter in your spam mail from them to come to an interview
    go to the interview in one of the bases have to pay your own way
    make it through they will call you that day to see if you would like the job
    overnight ship a drug test and have 24 hours to complete
    it is like every other airlines interviews they all do them the same now for the most part at the group interview
    all day if you make to the end
    first cuts based on if you have a natural smile and can follow directions while you introduce someone else by their resume nothing to do with the content just how you are in front of a group
    then they make cuts
    then group activity sit at a different table they want to see if you are social
    follow directions is key be a leader but not bossy
    group interview time
    second cuts
    one on one interview height test finger prints
    finished get on a plane land at home voicemail from jetblue

Interview Questions

• what is a time you had a problem at work and didnt solve it? tell me a time when you did solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at JetBlue (Long Island City, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I traveled the day before I took a car service to make sure I wasn't late. We all were waiting in the lobby then they came and got us. Each recruiter introduced them selfs; then each canadate had to state there name, what are you currently doing, and why do you want to work for jetBlue. I also quoted a movie line and I smiled and thanked the reciters. We then took a break and they came back in the room and said we all passed and moved onto the next step. We watched a movie about the company; we took lunch. Then we had to do a jump seat test and bin test and PA test. We were all waiting in the lobby for others to finish. Some people went to a group panel as 4 others including my self were picked to do finger prints. I knew at this point I had the job because they were finger printing me. We had a group interviews very relaxed one of the recruiters hinted by mistake that oh don't worry you have the job then she like well I'm not sure you will just need to wait up to a week to find out. I then had a 1-1 interview that I thought i FAILED! I was then walked out of the building got done around 4 pm. Great company to work for! SMILE SMILE SMILE! Don't be shy and set your self apart from 45 other hopefuls. Take time to talk to the recruiters more than likely the same ones will be there when you did Skype mine was! Don't talk bad about your job. I said I flew for a regional airline but didn't mention it!

Interview Questions

• THEY USE THE STAR INTERVIEW PROCESS!   1 Answer

Negotiation

none- no union but great company!