JetBlue

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at JetBlue.

Interview Details – half day long, unorganized, but definitely full of culture. it was fun, interesting, but did it in the old office building, haven't been in the new corporate office yet

Interview Question – why? everyone says because they want to travel. thats a given   Answer Question

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at JetBlue.

Interview Details – It's an all day process. When all candidates are in the room, the crew introduce themselves then ask us to introduce ourselves with name, a little background, and tell them something that no one known about us. Then they did a little video presentation about the company then divide us into group for a game of building a tower with paper only but it's to see how you work in a team. After lunch break, we had a group interview (3 people) but we all answer the same questions. After that we have a quick one on one interview with the manager where they ask you what do you think will be your biggest challenge being a FA, would you have a problem being base in any of the base, and why you choose jetblue. Be relax, enjoy yourself and be very natural because they interviewing you all day. Make sure you research the company and known its business before going and please have a copy of your passport ready. Oh they also do a height test and a announcement reading process.

Interview Question – What would the biggest challenge being a flight attendant with JetBlue?   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – No negotiating

Very Easy Interview

Long Island City, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at JetBlue in January 2013.

Interview Details – I traveled the day before I took a car service to make sure I wasn't late. We all were waiting in the lobby then they came and got us. Each recruiter introduced them selfs; then each canadate had to state there name, what are you currently doing, and why do you want to work for jetBlue. I also quoted a movie line and I smiled and thanked the reciters. We then took a break and they came back in the room and said we all passed and moved onto the next step. We watched a movie about the company; we took lunch. Then we had to do a jump seat test and bin test and PA test. We were all waiting in the lobby for others to finish. Some people went to a group panel as 4 others including my self were picked to do finger prints. I knew at this point I had the job because they were finger printing me. We had a group interviews very relaxed one of the recruiters hinted by mistake that oh don't worry you have the job then she like well I'm not sure you will just need to wait up to a week to find out. I then had a 1-1 interview that I thought i FAILED! I was then walked out of the building got done around 4 pm. Great company to work for! SMILE SMILE SMILE! Don't be shy and set your self apart from 45 other hopefuls. Take time to talk to the recruiters more than likely the same ones will be there when you did Skype mine was! Don't talk bad about your job. I said I flew for a regional airline but didn't mention it!

Interview Question – THEY USE THE STAR INTERVIEW PROCESS!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none- no union but great company!

Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at JetBlue in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on line few weeks ago and received an email 2 weeks ago for an interview in Long Beach.

Interview Question – We were about 50 candidates...
They gave us 5 minutes to learn about the person next to us and introduce this person to everybody.
  Answer Question

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at JetBlue in April 2013.

Interview Details – In Orlando,,FL at jetBlue U. 27 candidates gathered for a presentation, then each of us got on stage with the microphone and stated our names, past job experiences and what we can bring to jetBlue. Then we were broken into teams of 7 and completed a group task and had to present it. Great team building exercise. Immediately after the recruiters left the room to go see who would make it and who wouldn't. Names were then called and those people were asked to go meet out in the lobby. The remaining 10 stayed in the auditorium and were informed they would be moving onto the next step. Then there were three parts before you got to leave. A panel interview, a one-on-one interview, and a reach and jumpseat test. After that we were told we would be contacted if we made it within 48 hours. If not we would receive an email. I got the call exactly 48 hours later as promised.

Interview Question – All questions were behavioral questions using the STAR method. They wanted to know a lot about the qualities of JetBlue that you would bring to the position. Be prepared for anything.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Long Island City, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at JetBlue in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview began at 9am and I was finished by 5pm. The first phase is a group session where each applicant stood and gave their name and where they previously worked. Then we broke off into groups of 5 and completed a diagram then presented to the group. Next came fingerprinting and reading of a PA. We then took a 1 hour lunch break in the JB cafeteria. After lunch, there were 2 interviews, a panel consisting of 2 on-line FA's and a recruiter. There are 4 applicants in each panel. Last was the one on one interview consisting of In-Flight service manager and a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• (One on one) Of the five traits of JetBlue, which one do you identify with and why?   Answer Question
  • (One on one) What would be the most challenging part of being a flight attendant?   Answer Question
  • (Panel) Name a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker and how did you resolve?   Answer Question
  • (Panel) Have you ever had a complaint from a customer and how did you resolve?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant

The process took 5 months - interviewed at JetBlue in June 2010.

Interview Details – There were at least 4 or 5 interviews for this job. Group and one on one interviews. I was drug tested twice, the background check is a lot of work. Oddly, the interview process is actually a lot of fun. It makes you excited to work for the company and you get to meet other applicants.

My best advice for interviewing is be yourself, there are so many different interviews that if you aren't they will figure it out. Also, if you are not outgoing don't bother applying for this job. You don't have to be the life of the party, but if you are very introverted and not a team player you it will be difficult for you to make it through the interview process, let alone be successful in this field.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about the history of the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Interviews for Top Jobs at JetBlue

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at JetBlue Flight Attendant interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by JetBlue employees and interview candidates.