JetBlue

Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at JetBlue in January 2015.

APPLICATION

Applied Online and 7 days later received an email to complete a telephone automated interview through Hire IQ.

INTERVIEW

Had a phone interview approximately 5 days later, and attended the information session and group F2F 7 days after that. It was a pleasant and informative event with about 50 candidates. The group F2F interview is basically one recruiter and 3 candidates.

BACKGROUND CHECK

That same evening I received a request for my DOB and SSN. They advised during the session that if you got that email, you are a "chosen one" and that the next to last step would be an email from Sterling Info Systems with a link to provide background check authorization. I received that email the next afternoon.

TAKE YOUR TIME and be sure that you are accurate on the dates and contact information you provide for previous addresses, employers and schools attended. There is also a USPS background check form that you have to fill out and upload to that same website. Follow those directions carefully as well.

Set aside AT LEAST 2 hours to complete this process because once you submit it, you can't go back and edit. Be sure to gather, scan and attach any supporting documentation relating to driving record, past criminal history, etc., if applicable. Airlines only look at the past 10 years for felonies, but you never know and as with any employer, its not an automatic disqualifier--especially if you're truthful. Better safe than sorry.

To that end, once you get a F2F invitation, start gathering all your diplomas, W2s and previous address 411 because they go back line by line of that background paperwork and you can upload as much extra proof as you want. Don't let lack of preparedness be a reason for a delay or disqualification.

Was called by HR and scheduled for my fingerprints the next day for an appointment the following morning.

NEXT STEPS

When the background check clears, we were told a job offer would be made and we'd be advised of the dates for the 1-week training in Orlando.

Everything moved fast. I'm thinking that the longest part is the background check, but less than 24 hours after submitting everything I was already at step 5 of 13.

7 days after submitting Sterling background check information, everything came back "clear" or "complete".

GOT JOB OFFER 3 days later!

1 week Training starts in 2 weeks.

SIDEBAR

The great thing is that you get the questions for the phone and f2f interview before you call in to answer them. The questions include:

1. Please describe what you like best about your current or previous position and why.

2. Please describe a few things that you know about our company and why those things are appealing to you.

3. Please describe a few things that you know about our company and why those things are appealing to you.

Interview Questions
No negotiation. Hourly rate is set. There is a 50 cent/hour shift differential for any shift after 6 pm

Other Interview Reviews for JetBlue

Ground Operations Interview

interviewed at JetBlue in October 2014.

1. Applied online.
    2. Received an email informing me of an automated online and phone interview.
    3. Received a call inviting me to a face to face interview.
    4. Went to interview.( 5 simple questions, and I interviewed with 4 other candidates as well as 3 staff members)
    5. Waiting to hear back. (Very confident about getting the position)
    *It really helps to do your research on the company because they will ask you what do you know about the company provide at least 3 facts about the company I used the company values and stood out from everyone else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at JetBlue in March 2014.

I applied 3/14
    Then I received an email invite for a phone interview 3/21
    Phone interview is simple,you're given some question and you record your answer if you're satisfied with your answer you save it if not delete and try agai.
    The questions included
    (WHY DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR JETBLUE?

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THE COMPANY?

GIVE AND EXAMPLE OF WHEN YOU WENT ABOVE THE CUSTOMER'S EXPECTATIONS AND WHAT WAS THE END RESULT?)

I received a phone call to come in for a f2f interview at the Long Island city office in queens 3/26
     I had my F2F interview on 4/3 . I was interviewed simultaneously by two JetBlue employees. Interview was very laid back. They asked mostly customer service questions. They also ask personality question to see how you get along with your coworkers and how you handle situations.
    I was called about a week later to come in for what they call "phase 2"(orientation)
    Phase 2 they basically tell you what the job entails,benefits and what is expected of you. At phase 2 you are fingerprinted and given the release for your drug test.
    Later that day I was an email asking for consent to a background check.
    I consented to my background check 4/10
    Make sure that everything is correct before you submit your background check the process WILL take longer if they have to contact you for additional information.
    My background check completed on 5/15
    Then I played the good ol waiting game I waited everyday by my phone to receive the job offer
    Finally I received the official job offer received 7/13

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question was
      Do you know what type of planes we fly?

View Answer
    There is no negotiation you're sent an offer letter by email and you're asked to sign and return through email or fax

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JetBlue in March 2014.

Applied online, had a virtual interview and then was called to have a 3-4 hour long group interview. Virtual interview consisted of 5 basic interview questions. The group interview was business dress- a little ridiculous for a ramp position. Spent $$ on a business suit, did my best on my group interview and received a thanks but no thanks email.no info as to why you were not selected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at JetBlue in December 2012.

first interview in nice hotel lots and lots of company propaganda than more interviews in the headquarter than drug background and training in orlando for 5 days

no negotiations take it or leave it 12 $ /hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at JetBlue in October 2011.

starts with online application, then you get a call to attend a half/full day seminar on company and position, you also get a little face time with talent team to do a interview. If selected there is a TON of paper work to complete and be verified so be patient the process can be long, once they verify and are satisfied you will be offered tentative position and be asked to attend training mine was a week long food/hotel paid in Orlando upon graduation at JBLU University you than sent back to your home city to complete more paperwork for security and do you on job training. When you complete that hurdle, Its official your a BABY BLUE and now an employee. Be patient my start to filling out initial application to being on the ground ops team actually working was about 4 months long, hang in there be honest and the reward will come!

Interview Questions
    • none really, they are very customer service based so they ask a lot about what you have done to go above the call of duty to help out customers   Answer Question
    NO NEGOTIATION... take it or leave it, however they are annual rasies you max out in 10 years

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at JetBlue in April 2008.

My experience with the hiring and interview process was absolutely wonderful! I was interviewed by the General Manager at the time. He was so impressed with me that he truly made what would have been a 3 month process go through within a few weeks.

Ground Operations Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JetBlue in April 2011.

I recieved an email to do an automated interview. I was unfamiliar with this but it let me record my answers and delete them if i didnt like them. then at the end i hit save when i was satisfied. they then called to do a one on one interview which is scheduled for next week. i am not sure what to expect.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like most about your current or previous job?   Answer Question