JetBlue

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Supervisor Airports Interview

Supervisor Airports

I interviewed at JetBlue in May 2014.

Interview Details – Basic Expectation were fulfilled as far as the process, long wait even for the phone interview and even longer wait time for 1:1 interview, I guess they were deciding who will be the right fit for the position.

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

Airport Operations Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at JetBlue in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied 4/14
Invite for phone interview 4/15 (completed 4/16)
Phone call and email for f2f 4/23
F2F interview 4/28
Consented to background check 4/30
Drug test 5/7
Background check completed 5/9
Official offer received 5/15

Relaxed in person interview..group setting wasn't as strange as I thought it would be! Longest process is waiting on background check company.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at jetBlue?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

People/Human Resources Internship Interview

People/Human Resources Internship

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at JetBlue.

Interview Details – I was surprised by how quickly I was contacted after I sent in my application. Within about 2 days I received a call to schedule an interview. During this call I was asked some basic questions about my experience and things that are on my resume, nothing hard to answer. I then scheduled a Skype interview with someone that was canceled and replaced with a face-to-face interview in the office. First I met with 2 members of the HR team and just once again discussed things that were on my resume. I was asked to explain a time I made a mistake and how I fixed it, and things of that nature. Overall, this part was very relaxed. Next, I met with another member of the HR team who conducted more of a standardized interview where she asked me already prepared questions and then analyzed my answers using specified scoring systems. These were mostly situational and behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Discuss two initiatives that JetBlue does that you find interesting.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

In Flight Interview

In Flight
Jamaica, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at JetBlue in April 2011.

Interview Details – The first step is the phone interview where they will ask several situational questions such as "How did you handle a difficult customer?" And also ask about your past work experiences. Once you pass that then they invite you to a face to face interview in Jamaica, NY. I paid for the flight and my hotel. Once you get there, be aware they are watching you from the moment you walk in and want you to be very outgoing and talk to other candidates. Its vital to wear exactly what they want you to wear. For ladies, be sure to wear a black or navy suit, nude pantyhose, black heels, and a watch. Be sure to wear your hair back in a bun or ponytail. First everyone goes around and introduces themselves and you must tell a bit about yourself to the group. Next is a group icebreaker which is a game you play in groups of 6. You have to compete against the other groups which is really fun. Then they play a company video and go over what the job entails, including pay, bases, benefits, and what is expected of you. They then give you a short break and tell you that if the job isn't for you no harm done and it was nice to meet you. After the break, all the candidates get to ask senior management/recruiters (they were all very awesome people) questions about the job and company. You then take a lunch. After lunch they break you up into groups of 4 and do group interviews. Then every candidate must sit in a jumpseat and buckle the seat belt, do a reach test, and describe JetBlue in 3 words. Finally you have to get your fingerprints taken. It is an all day process. They tell you they will get back to everyone within 2 weeks.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Flight Attendant
Forest Hills, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at JetBlue in March 2010.

Interview Details – Applied on-line. Got called for an interview in about a month. First there was a phone interview. Then I got invited to corporate, for blue something or other (I can't remember what they called it). The company has a "blue" name for everything. At first we were in a room with a bunch of people. We all thought we were waiting for an interview, then a few people started clapping. They were recruiters who wanted to see how we acted in a group. Next, we got into groups and everyone had to come up with a different way to get across the room. (That was kind of fun). You also had to describe someone you just met. They then did a panel interview and a one-on-one. My interviewer then gave me a welcome package. I don't beleive they do this anymore. (Hire right on site). This was a while ago. However, I'm sure the basic premise is still the same. They will be watching you from the time you get there until the time you leave. They will want to see how you interact, your general attitude, and how you speak. Not your average interview. Expect to be there all day.

Interview Question – Tell us when you have went above or beyond for a customer. Tell us why you want to be blue. (I never forgot that one!)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for in-flight as far as I know.

Airport Operations Interview

Airport Operations

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at JetBlue in October 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview is first. Then a group interview. Make sure you answer every question with a resolution to a problem.

Interview Question – Name a time where you went above and beyond to help a customer? what was the resolution?   View Answer

Airport Operation Crew Interview

Airport Operation Crew

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at JetBlue in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for position 2/10/14
Received email for virtual phone interview
And completed 2/19/14
Received call for face to face interview 2/28/14
Actual face to face 3/5/14
Received call to continue with hiring process 3/7/14
Background took around 2 weeks
Drug test done at private lab 3rd week of March
Finger prints done 3rd week of March
Official offer 3/26

Process takes time but I am sure it will be worth it

Interview Question – Interview was enjoyable not difficult maybe because
I didn't let my nerves take over and the JetBlue team were
Very friendly and welcoming very fun and upbeat.
  Answer Question

In Flight Interview

In Flight

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at JetBlue in April 2014.

Interview Details – Ok, so went to the interview today, and it was a wast of my time. 65 people showed up for the interview, at least 40 were already employed by JetBlue. Guess what people did not go past the 1st round of interviews.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult, the difficult issue was that I was not judged by my experience, I was judged because I did not already work for them, or had a name to drop. Shame on them   Answer Question

Ground Operations Interview

Ground Operations
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at JetBlue in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, had a virtual interview and then was called to have a 3-4 hour long group interview. Virtual interview consisted of 5 basic interview questions. The group interview was business dress- a little ridiculous for a ramp position. Spent $$ on a business suit, did my best on my group interview and received a thanks but no thanks email.no info as to why you were not selected.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Just the norm.   Answer Question

Jetblue Reservations Crew Member Interview

Jetblue Reservations Crew Member
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at JetBlue in December 2012.

Interview Details – Drug test, phone interview, and in-person interview. Typing test to ensure at least 20 wpm, pretty easy. Great culture from the beginning.

Interview Question – How I had helped someone during my customer service experience.   Answer Question

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!