JetBlue

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.9

College Crew Interview

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue.

There was a brief 15 minute phone interview where they asked questions about what attracted me to JetBlue and why I wanted to work there. It was to make sure this would be a potential fit for me. The next interview was an in person interview in Queens with the hiring manager for the department you applied for and a recruiter. They had a script and asked questions about a challenge in a previous role and how you dealt with it. Just make sure you give specific examples and don't generalize. The staff was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    No. It was for an internship.

In Flight Interview

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue.

For external candidates, you will have a video interview. For internal candidates, a quick 5 to 10 minute phone interview.
    If selected, you will go to what the company calls, a blue review.

Make sure you dress up, and follow all the grooming tips they provide in your email. They will be looking at how well you dress, as you will be the spokesperson for the company.

In the blue review, you will get up in front of everyone, and quickly tell them about yourself, why inflight? and tell us something unique about you.

After that, you will sit down with 2 interviewers, and basically be asked questions about your resume that you provide them. Nothing too stressful here. Additionally, they may have a group project to see how well you work with others. I have had one, in which, the group has to build a building with only index cards.

Then, you will be divided up. Those asked to stay, and those, well, thanks for applying.

At that point, you will do a reach test, a PA reading test, and then a debriefing. You will sit with 2 other candidates, and asked questions, that you must use the STAR approach to answer.

Do your research on using the STAR method. Be very specific in your answers. And most of all, be yourself, and have fun.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had any conflict with a coworker, and if so, how did you handle it? what came out of it?   Answer Question

In Flight Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at JetBlue.

I think they have the people previous selected because they declared me out of competition without interview and they decided to pursue other candidates. Is the second time that I applied and they don't give me the opportunity to challenge with others. I think they have their own candidates by referred.

Interview Questions
    • There are more completive candidates than you without interview   Answer Question

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at JetBlue in October 2014.

8/4
    applied online

8/5
    Got email thanking me for my interest and if they are interested they will contact me

8/5
    Got email saying they are interested and would like to do a phone interview.

8/7
    Did phone interview with recruiter from headquarters and was scheduled to face to face

8/20
    Had face to face one on one interview at airport.was asked to complete drug test in 24 hours

8/20
    After interview,I was emailed request for additional personal information.

8/21
    Completed drug test

8/21
    I was Emailed request to complete 11 year background check info through third party. They actually call each current and past employer you list.If business is closed/out of business.they ask for check stubs, w2's, tax transcripts, or professional employment reference letter from manager or owner of that business or any business to verify the dates of employment you listed on your resume. They want to make sure you did not lie.

9/2
    Scheduled to get fingerprinted

9/3
    Received email Background check was completed and they were forwarding my file over to jetblue for evaluation

9/8
    Got fingerprinted

10/1
    Got phone call from same person that conducted my phone interview congratulating me on coming aboard.

10/1
    After phone call got email welcoming me to jetblue family and reiterating benefits. Also had to sign and date offer letter and complete i9 form and email/fax all documentation back

Training in Orlando, Florida starts in less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to work with JetBlue?
      what do you know about jetblue as a company?
      give specific details about a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker and the outcome?
      tell about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer even when you didn't have to?

View Answers (2)
    Pay is set already.there is no negotiating your salary.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at JetBlue.

I was contacted by the recruiter by phone and was asked a few basic questions such as why I want to work there, what do I know about the company, and we went briefly over my resume. Then I was invited to an in-person interview with the recruiter, and with part of the team I interviewed for. The interview with the recruiter included behavioral questions and I was asked to provide examples. At the end I could ask questions. The interview with the team included questions about my resume and some questions about my preferred work environment and co-workers. At the end I could as questions. They were all very nice and the atmosphere was very positive.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you had to solve a problem in a new way but with the same set of data / information   View Answers (2)

Ground Operations Interview

interviewed at JetBlue in October 2014.

1. Applied online.
    2. Received an email informing me of an automated online and phone interview.
    3. Received a call inviting me to a face to face interview.
    4. Went to interview.( 5 simple questions, and I interviewed with 4 other candidates as well as 3 staff members)
    5. Waiting to hear back. (Very confident about getting the position)
    *It really helps to do your research on the company because they will ask you what do you know about the company provide at least 3 facts about the company I used the company values and stood out from everyone else.

Customer Service Interview

Applied online, someone called me a few weeks later and gave me a description of job and then scheduled me for an interview . Interview was pretty easy, common questions, had a drug test the same day

In Flight Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at JetBlue in August 2014.

Applied online on 7/20
    Invited for Video Interview 7/29
    Invited to In-Person Interview 8/5
    Interview 8/20
    Called for Hire 8/22
    Received and Signed Offer Letter 9/26

The key to winning this job is to be as personable as possible and to do your research about the company/interview process ahead of time.

The video interview was odd because this group of hires was the first to test it out. We were given a question then a ten second counter appeared and we had to answer the question. It was a bit awkward because I could see myself on screen and found it distracting. At the end I was asked which would be the hardest for me working non traditional hours, working holidays or locating to a new base.

During In-Person section we had to introduce ourselves to the entire room including all the other candidates for hire. We stated our names, where we were from, why we wanted to work at JetBlue and a fun fact about ourselves.

When asked why you want to work there don't say because you want to travel! Everyone says that and you will not stand out/look like you just want the job for the perks. Talk about JetBlue as a company, do research and show that you think it would be a good place for you to grow and learn! When stating your fact think of something social that you do outside of work. Activities that show off your extroversion even outside of the work place really helps (i.e. being part of a sports team or performance group)

We also did a group exercise involving building a tower from cards. It was pretty fun and we were given interesting challenges.

They make you do a reach test and a PA test as well.

All interview questions will follow a STAR format. Some of mine included "How did you respond to a situation at work that you found unethical?" and "Tell me about a time when you were understaffed- how did you handle the situation?"

Make sure that you socialize with all the other candidates, shake hands etc.. People are watching you to see how social you are.

The interview is difficult in terms of getting through the initial hoops. Many people in attendance had LoR's from people that worked in the company.

Do what you can to stand out in the crowd. Know that the job can sometimes be difficult but don't be afraid of it! Talk about how to you turned around bad days at work with your team and how proud you were of what you've accomplished in your current job.

Oh and one candidate got up to introduce themselves and bad mouthed the carrier that they currently work for. BIG NO-NO! Never ever talk bad about previous employers.

Be fun and positive. You will do just fine.

In-flight Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at JetBlue in August 2014.

Online application.2 weeks later webcam interview that you record your responses. There are 5 questions for the webcam interview. No live pperson, just you and you have 5 seconds to read the question. Before it records you.
    interviewed August 20th 2014 in long island city, ny . 8:30am-5pm everyone was unexpectedly done early by 3pm. You 1st meet in the lobby with other apapplicants, you are divided into groups and led up to the conference room upstairs via elevator. Next you are doing finger prints and show required documents. They talk to the group show you a company video, then explain benefits and pay. Next you go one by one in a line and introduce yourself to the group and a fun fact about yourself. Next return to your seat. After that we did a group activity and were split into groups of 5. The activity was to bulid a tower out of index cards that were numbered. My group won and the cards did not fall. A recruiter is watching the whole activity and writing notes to see if there is participation and leadership being done. Next lunch in the cafeteria. Either bring your own lunch or have a decent amount of cash for lunch. Next sfaff brings all of you back to conference room. Reach test, then pa announcement that you read from a very short script. If you habla español you are to do the pa announcement in Spanish and also write a very short paragraphs in what they want you to write. Next debriefing interview done with 2 JetBlue employees asking 2 questions after looking at your resume. Next interview with 2 JetBlue employees asking 4 questions after looking at your resume. Star method style interview. After that JetBlue employees ask if you have any questions about any parts of training or job. They said once you were done with everything you could leave. I left at 3pm. Everyone was there till the end, unlike what I heard from previous group interviews which apparently half the applicants were eliminated after lunch.everyone stayed. No drug tests were taken at this time. They switch up how they do things from interview to interview, you won't know what to expect.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

IT Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Is City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Is City, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JetBlue.

Received an email and call from internal corporate recruiter about a week after applying online through their website to set up a phone interview about a week in advance. The recruiter called on time and was very professional the conversation was largely a review of my resume and discussion centered around my level of interest in the role. We mutually decided that this role would not be a good fit since they were looking for someone with less experience.