JetBlue Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Reservations Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at JetBlue in July 2014.

At 12:03, Monday 11 August 2014, I rec'd notice from a friend there was an open posting on jetblue.com. She works there and mentioned it had just posted. I got online around 12:45, and worked on the application materials until submission at 14:45. The application is offered solely online and included generic interview questions and options to present a cover letter and resume.

At 15:38, same day, I recieved an email from JetBlue inviting me to participate in an online assessment within 72 hours. I did it that night. In that assessment, our computer screens become simulated work stations in which we act the part of a call center employee. How these questions are answered and troubleshot primarily determine the candidates ability to do this type of work. If that is passed, then the next step is a virtual telephone interview.

I got my invitation for the interview at 11:42 the next day. In this, the candidate receives a series of questions via a supported website. The candidate answers these questions into his/her telephone, recording the responses. He/she then submits the responses to an automated system, as though the system were an in person interviewer. It's pretty cool, actually. Be prepared to write down the answers as you are reading them.

If the recruiters are still impressed, then the next step is an in-person interview called a JetBlue Revue which lasts two to three hours. In it, the company goes over benefits, scheduling, and what it is like to work at home. After that briefing, we complete a type test and then have a one-on-one interview with a JetBlue Recruiter.

I've not yet made it to that step. I've rec'd an invite for a Revue, and am scheduling it for next week. Will follow up.

IT Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Long Is City, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Long Is City, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at JetBlue.

Received an email and call from internal corporate recruiter about a week after applying online through their website to set up a phone interview about a week in advance. The recruiter called on time and was very professional the conversation was largely a review of my resume and discussion centered around my level of interest in the role. We mutually decided that this role would not be a good fit since they were looking for someone with less experience.

Ground Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at JetBlue in March 2014.

I applied 3/14
    Then I received an email invite for a phone interview 3/21
    Phone interview is simple,you're given some question and you record your answer if you're satisfied with your answer you save it if not delete and try agai.
    The questions included
    (WHY DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR JETBLUE?

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THE COMPANY?

GIVE AND EXAMPLE OF WHEN YOU WENT ABOVE THE CUSTOMER'S EXPECTATIONS AND WHAT WAS THE END RESULT?)

I received a phone call to come in for a f2f interview at the Long Island city office in queens 3/26
     I had my F2F interview on 4/3 . I was interviewed simultaneously by two JetBlue employees. Interview was very laid back. They asked mostly customer service questions. They also ask personality question to see how you get along with your coworkers and how you handle situations.
    I was called about a week later to come in for what they call "phase 2"(orientation)
    Phase 2 they basically tell you what the job entails,benefits and what is expected of you. At phase 2 you are fingerprinted and given the release for your drug test.
    Later that day I was an email asking for consent to a background check.
    I consented to my background check 4/10
    Make sure that everything is correct before you submit your background check the process WILL take longer if they have to contact you for additional information.
    My background check completed on 5/15
    Then I played the good ol waiting game I waited everyday by my phone to receive the job offer
    Finally I received the official job offer received 7/13

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question was
      Do you know what type of planes we fly?
        Answer Question
    There is no negotiation you're sent an offer letter by email and you're asked to sign and return through email or fax

Reservations Crew Member Interview

I was reffered by a friend which then I received an email to apply online via hyperlink the company emailed me. After submitting my application, I received an email 2 days later advising of a phone interview which you go through an automated system they ask you questions and you answer as a recording, I was then contacted within 24 hours for an onsite interview. There were 25 people candidates we took a type test, if you passed then you would either wait for the face to face interview or go and get your drug test done which was the swab they used in your mouth after which I had my face to face interview and then after that I received a phone call within 2 days offering me the position.

Supervisor Airports Interview

interviewed at JetBlue in May 2014.

Basic Expectation were fulfilled as far as the process, long wait even for the phone interview and even longer wait time for 1:1 interview, I guess they were deciding who will be the right fit for the position.

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at JetBlue in March 2014.

Applied 4/14
    Invite for phone interview 4/15 (completed 4/16)
    Phone call and email for f2f 4/23
    F2F interview 4/28
    Consented to background check 4/30
    Drug test 5/7
    Background check completed 5/9
    Official offer received 5/15

Relaxed in person interview..group setting wasn't as strange as I thought it would be! Longest process is waiting on background check company.

No negotiation

People/Human Resources Internship Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at JetBlue.

I was surprised by how quickly I was contacted after I sent in my application. Within about 2 days I received a call to schedule an interview. During this call I was asked some basic questions about my experience and things that are on my resume, nothing hard to answer. I then scheduled a Skype interview with someone that was canceled and replaced with a face-to-face interview in the office. First I met with 2 members of the HR team and just once again discussed things that were on my resume. I was asked to explain a time I made a mistake and how I fixed it, and things of that nature. Overall, this part was very relaxed. Next, I met with another member of the HR team who conducted more of a standardized interview where she asked me already prepared questions and then analyzed my answers using specified scoring systems. These were mostly situational and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss two initiatives that JetBlue does that you find interesting.   Answer Question

In Flight Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Jamaica, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at JetBlue in April 2011.

The first step is the phone interview where they will ask several situational questions such as "How did you handle a difficult customer?" And also ask about your past work experiences. Once you pass that then they invite you to a face to face interview in Jamaica, NY. I paid for the flight and my hotel. Once you get there, be aware they are watching you from the moment you walk in and want you to be very outgoing and talk to other candidates. Its vital to wear exactly what they want you to wear. For ladies, be sure to wear a black or navy suit, nude pantyhose, black heels, and a watch. Be sure to wear your hair back in a bun or ponytail. First everyone goes around and introduces themselves and you must tell a bit about yourself to the group. Next is a group icebreaker which is a game you play in groups of 6. You have to compete against the other groups which is really fun. Then they play a company video and go over what the job entails, including pay, bases, benefits, and what is expected of you. They then give you a short break and tell you that if the job isn't for you no harm done and it was nice to meet you. After the break, all the candidates get to ask senior management/recruiters (they were all very awesome people) questions about the job and company. You then take a lunch. After lunch they break you up into groups of 4 and do group interviews. Then every candidate must sit in a jumpseat and buckle the seat belt, do a reach test, and describe JetBlue in 3 words. Finally you have to get your fingerprints taken. It is an all day process. They tell you they will get back to everyone within 2 weeks.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Forest Hills, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest Hills, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at JetBlue in March 2010.

Applied on-line. Got called for an interview in about a month. First there was a phone interview. Then I got invited to corporate, for blue something or other (I can't remember what they called it). The company has a "blue" name for everything. At first we were in a room with a bunch of people. We all thought we were waiting for an interview, then a few people started clapping. They were recruiters who wanted to see how we acted in a group. Next, we got into groups and everyone had to come up with a different way to get across the room. (That was kind of fun). You also had to describe someone you just met. They then did a panel interview and a one-on-one. My interviewer then gave me a welcome package. I don't beleive they do this anymore. (Hire right on site). This was a while ago. However, I'm sure the basic premise is still the same. They will be watching you from the time you get there until the time you leave. They will want to see how you interact, your general attitude, and how you speak. Not your average interview. Expect to be there all day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us when you have went above or beyond for a customer. Tell us why you want to be blue. (I never forgot that one!)   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation for in-flight as far as I know.

Airport Operations Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at JetBlue in October 2012.

Phone interview is first. Then a group interview. Make sure you answer every question with a resolution to a problem.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you went above and beyond to help a customer? what was the resolution?   View Answer

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!