JetBlue

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at JetBlue.

The first step in this process is to apply online. After you finish filling in the application, you are instructed to complete a personality quiz. If you pass, you would then receive an email a few weeks later asking you to complete a video interview.

The video interview contains five to six questions, and are mostly situational. If you pass the video interview, you would be contacted to attend a Blue Review in a city nearest you. Jetblue does not provide transportation to and from the interview.

At the Blue Review, you meet the other candidates and show your passport to the recruitors. Be sure to be very social, they are watching! Then you would head to the conference room to be finger printed and prepare to start the day
     First the recruitors and interviewers go to the front and introduce themselves, then row by row the candidates step to the front and say their name, where you're from, why you want to work for jetBlue, and a fun fact about yourself. This step is very crucial. Be sure you answer everything they are asking of you. Many forgot what was asked, or went off topic, and this takes away a lot of points
     Have tons of confidence, speak clear, and speak loud enough the person in the back can hear you.

After that, you break for a few minutes then return for the group activity. You have to build a house of index cards, while following certain rules and challenges they throw. Don't take this part too serious, be sure to have fun, and not too over bearing, and follow the instructions as well. Two recruitors watch you and take notes, mostly on how you work well as a team.

Then you break for lunch, and when you return you start the interview with two flight attendants, then a debriefing with two HR reps, and finally read a PA announcement. They tell you that you would either receive a call or email of their decision. I received a call the next morning saying I had been chosen to move forward.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to become a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to deal with an irate customer. What was the situation, how did you handle it, and what was the end result?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at JetBlue.

I applied online for the position when i saw it opened. The position is called "inflight crewmember" (not flight attendant) and the position is only posted for a few hours when needed.

Interview Questions
    • I just got invited to a First Round Interview, Which is a Questionnaire and an Automated Video Interview. Both done online. The interview was a bunch of questions with an A to E options to select from "I agree" "I strongly agree" "i don't agree/i don't disagree" "I disagree" "I strongly disagree". All questions that would best describe your personality. The Video Interview was about different situations and what would you do. Or "tell us of a time when you solved a problem" kind of questions.   Answer Question

In Flight Interview

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue.

For external candidates, you will have a video interview. For internal candidates, a quick 5 to 10 minute phone interview.
    If selected, you will go to what the company calls, a blue review.

Make sure you dress up, and follow all the grooming tips they provide in your email. They will be looking at how well you dress, as you will be the spokesperson for the company.

In the blue review, you will get up in front of everyone, and quickly tell them about yourself, why inflight? and tell us something unique about you.

After that, you will sit down with 2 interviewers, and basically be asked questions about your resume that you provide them. Nothing too stressful here. Additionally, they may have a group project to see how well you work with others. I have had one, in which, the group has to build a building with only index cards.

Then, you will be divided up. Those asked to stay, and those, well, thanks for applying.

At that point, you will do a reach test, a PA reading test, and then a debriefing. You will sit with 2 other candidates, and asked questions, that you must use the STAR approach to answer.

Do your research on using the STAR method. Be very specific in your answers. And most of all, be yourself, and have fun.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had any conflict with a coworker, and if so, how did you handle it? what came out of it?   Answer Question

College Crew Interview

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue.

There was a brief 15 minute phone interview where they asked questions about what attracted me to JetBlue and why I wanted to work there. It was to make sure this would be a potential fit for me. The next interview was an in person interview in Queens with the hiring manager for the department you applied for and a recruiter. They had a script and asked questions about a challenge in a previous role and how you dealt with it. Just make sure you give specific examples and don't generalize. The staff was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    No. It was for an internship.

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at JetBlue in October 2014.

8/4
    applied online

8/5
    Got email thanking me for my interest and if they are interested they will contact me

8/5
    Got email saying they are interested and would like to do a phone interview.

8/7
    Did phone interview with recruiter from headquarters and was scheduled to face to face

8/20
    Had face to face one on one interview at airport.was asked to complete drug test in 24 hours

8/20
    After interview,I was emailed request for additional personal information.

8/21
    Completed drug test

8/21
    I was Emailed request to complete 11 year background check info through third party. They actually call each current and past employer you list.If business is closed/out of business.they ask for check stubs, w2's, tax transcripts, or professional employment reference letter from manager or owner of that business or any business to verify the dates of employment you listed on your resume. They want to make sure you did not lie.

9/2
    Scheduled to get fingerprinted

9/3
    Received email Background check was completed and they were forwarding my file over to jetblue for evaluation

9/8
    Got fingerprinted

10/1
    Got phone call from same person that conducted my phone interview congratulating me on coming aboard.

10/1
    After phone call got email welcoming me to jetblue family and reiterating benefits. Also had to sign and date offer letter and complete i9 form and email/fax all documentation back

Training in Orlando, Florida starts in less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to work with JetBlue?
      what do you know about jetblue as a company?
      give specific details about a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker and the outcome?
      tell about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer even when you didn't have to?

View Answers (2)
    Pay is set already.there is no negotiating your salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at JetBlue.

I think they have the people previous selected because they declared me out of competition without interview and they decided to pursue other candidates. Is the second time that I applied and they don't give me the opportunity to challenge with others. I think they have their own candidates by referred.

Interview Questions
    • There are more completive candidates than you without interview   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at JetBlue.

I was contacted by the recruiter by phone and was asked a few basic questions such as why I want to work there, what do I know about the company, and we went briefly over my resume. Then I was invited to an in-person interview with the recruiter, and with part of the team I interviewed for. The interview with the recruiter included behavioral questions and I was asked to provide examples. At the end I could ask questions. The interview with the team included questions about my resume and some questions about my preferred work environment and co-workers. At the end I could as questions. They were all very nice and the atmosphere was very positive.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you had to solve a problem in a new way but with the same set of data / information   View Answers (2)

Ground Operations Interview

interviewed at JetBlue in October 2014.

1. Applied online.
    2. Received an email informing me of an automated online and phone interview.
    3. Received a call inviting me to a face to face interview.
    4. Went to interview.( 5 simple questions, and I interviewed with 4 other candidates as well as 3 staff members)
    5. Waiting to hear back. (Very confident about getting the position)
    *It really helps to do your research on the company because they will ask you what do you know about the company provide at least 3 facts about the company I used the company values and stood out from everyone else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at JetBlue in August 2014.

Applied online on 7/20
    Invited for Video Interview 7/29
    Invited to In-Person Interview 8/5
    Interview 8/20
    Called for Hire 8/22
    Received and Signed Offer Letter 9/26

The key to winning this job is to be as personable as possible and to do your research about the company/interview process ahead of time.

The video interview was odd because this group of hires was the first to test it out. We were given a question then a ten second counter appeared and we had to answer the question. It was a bit awkward because I could see myself on screen and found it distracting. At the end I was asked which would be the hardest for me working non traditional hours, working holidays or locating to a new base.

During In-Person section we had to introduce ourselves to the entire room including all the other candidates for hire. We stated our names, where we were from, why we wanted to work at JetBlue and a fun fact about ourselves.

When asked why you want to work there don't say because you want to travel! Everyone says that and you will not stand out/look like you just want the job for the perks. Talk about JetBlue as a company, do research and show that you think it would be a good place for you to grow and learn! When stating your fact think of something social that you do outside of work. Activities that show off your extroversion even outside of the work place really helps (i.e. being part of a sports team or performance group)

We also did a group exercise involving building a tower from cards. It was pretty fun and we were given interesting challenges.

They make you do a reach test and a PA test as well.

All interview questions will follow a STAR format. Some of mine included "How did you respond to a situation at work that you found unethical?" and "Tell me about a time when you were understaffed- how did you handle the situation?"

Make sure that you socialize with all the other candidates, shake hands etc.. People are watching you to see how social you are.

The interview is difficult in terms of getting through the initial hoops. Many people in attendance had LoR's from people that worked in the company.

Do what you can to stand out in the crowd. Know that the job can sometimes be difficult but don't be afraid of it! Talk about how to you turned around bad days at work with your team and how proud you were of what you've accomplished in your current job.

Oh and one candidate got up to introduce themselves and bad mouthed the carrier that they currently work for. BIG NO-NO! Never ever talk bad about previous employers.

Be fun and positive. You will do just fine.

Customer Service Interview

Applied online, someone called me a few weeks later and gave me a description of job and then scheduled me for an interview . Interview was pretty easy, common questions, had a drug test the same day