JetBlue Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.9

Customer Service Interview

Applied online, someone called me a few weeks later and gave me a description of job and then scheduled me for an interview . Interview was pretty easy, common questions, had a drug test the same day

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to sell a product to a customer?   Answer Question

In-flight Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at JetBlue in August 2014.

Online application.2 weeks later webcam interview that you record your responses. There are 5 questions for the webcam interview. No live pperson, just you and you have 5 seconds to read the question. Before it records you.
    interviewed August 20th 2014 in long island city, ny . 8:30am-5pm everyone was unexpectedly done early by 3pm. You 1st meet in the lobby with other apapplicants, you are divided into groups and led up to the conference room upstairs via elevator. Next you are doing finger prints and show required documents. They talk to the group show you a company video, then explain benefits and pay. Next you go one by one in a line and introduce yourself to the group and a fun fact about yourself. Next return to your seat. After that we did a group activity and were split into groups of 5. The activity was to bulid a tower out of index cards that were numbered. My group won and the cards did not fall. A recruiter is watching the whole activity and writing notes to see if there is participation and leadership being done. Next lunch in the cafeteria. Either bring your own lunch or have a decent amount of cash for lunch. Next sfaff brings all of you back to conference room. Reach test, then pa announcement that you read from a very short script. If you habla español you are to do the pa announcement in Spanish and also write a very short paragraphs in what they want you to write. Next debriefing interview done with 2 JetBlue employees asking 2 questions after looking at your resume. Next interview with 2 JetBlue employees asking 4 questions after looking at your resume. Star method style interview. After that JetBlue employees ask if you have any questions about any parts of training or job. They said once you were done with everything you could leave. I left at 3pm. Everyone was there till the end, unlike what I heard from previous group interviews which apparently half the applicants were eliminated after lunch.everyone stayed. No drug tests were taken at this time. They switch up how they do things from interview to interview, you won't know what to expect.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Reservations Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at JetBlue in July 2014.

At 12:03, Monday 11 August 2014, I rec'd notice from a friend there was an open posting on jetblue.com. She works there and mentioned it had just posted. I got online around 12:45, and worked on the application materials until submission at 14:45. The application is offered solely online and included generic interview questions and options to present a cover letter and resume.

At 15:38, same day, I recieved an email from JetBlue inviting me to participate in an online assessment within 72 hours. I did it that night. In that assessment, our computer screens become simulated work stations in which we act the part of a call center employee. How these questions are answered and troubleshot primarily determine the candidates ability to do this type of work. If that is passed, then the next step is a virtual telephone interview.

I got my invitation for the interview at 11:42 the next day. In this, the candidate receives a series of questions via a supported website. The candidate answers these questions into his/her telephone, recording the responses. He/she then submits the responses to an automated system, as though the system were an in person interviewer. It's pretty cool, actually. Be prepared to write down the answers as you are reading them.

If the recruiters are still impressed, then the next step is an in-person interview called a JetBlue Revue which lasts two to three hours. In it, the company goes over benefits, scheduling, and what it is like to work at home. After that briefing, we complete a type test and then have a one-on-one interview with a JetBlue Recruiter.

I've not yet made it to that step. I've rec'd an invite for a Revue, and am scheduling it for next week. Will follow up.

Operations Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at JetBlue in August 2013.

Basic interview, nothing to extreme. 1 or 2 scenario questions. More like a casual converstion in typical JetBlue fashion. Interviewers made you feel comfortable. They want to ensure you are the right person for the job.

No negotiation

IT Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Is City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Is City, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at JetBlue.

Received an email and call from internal corporate recruiter about a week after applying online through their website to set up a phone interview about a week in advance. The recruiter called on time and was very professional the conversation was largely a review of my resume and discussion centered around my level of interest in the role. We mutually decided that this role would not be a good fit since they were looking for someone with less experience.

Ground Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at JetBlue in March 2014.

I applied 3/14
    Then I received an email invite for a phone interview 3/21
    Phone interview is simple,you're given some question and you record your answer if you're satisfied with your answer you save it if not delete and try agai.
    The questions included
    (WHY DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR JETBLUE?

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THE COMPANY?

GIVE AND EXAMPLE OF WHEN YOU WENT ABOVE THE CUSTOMER'S EXPECTATIONS AND WHAT WAS THE END RESULT?)

I received a phone call to come in for a f2f interview at the Long Island city office in queens 3/26
     I had my F2F interview on 4/3 . I was interviewed simultaneously by two JetBlue employees. Interview was very laid back. They asked mostly customer service questions. They also ask personality question to see how you get along with your coworkers and how you handle situations.
    I was called about a week later to come in for what they call "phase 2"(orientation)
    Phase 2 they basically tell you what the job entails,benefits and what is expected of you. At phase 2 you are fingerprinted and given the release for your drug test.
    Later that day I was an email asking for consent to a background check.
    I consented to my background check 4/10
    Make sure that everything is correct before you submit your background check the process WILL take longer if they have to contact you for additional information.
    My background check completed on 5/15
    Then I played the good ol waiting game I waited everyday by my phone to receive the job offer
    Finally I received the official job offer received 7/13

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question was
      Do you know what type of planes we fly?
        Answer Question
    There is no negotiation you're sent an offer letter by email and you're asked to sign and return through email or fax

Reservations Crew Member Interview

I was reffered by a friend which then I received an email to apply online via hyperlink the company emailed me. After submitting my application, I received an email 2 days later advising of a phone interview which you go through an automated system they ask you questions and you answer as a recording, I was then contacted within 24 hours for an onsite interview. There were 25 people candidates we took a type test, if you passed then you would either wait for the face to face interview or go and get your drug test done which was the swab they used in your mouth after which I had my face to face interview and then after that I received a phone call within 2 days offering me the position.

Supervisor Airports Interview

interviewed at JetBlue in May 2014.

Basic Expectation were fulfilled as far as the process, long wait even for the phone interview and even longer wait time for 1:1 interview, I guess they were deciding who will be the right fit for the position.

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at JetBlue in March 2014.

Applied 4/14
    Invite for phone interview 4/15 (completed 4/16)
    Phone call and email for f2f 4/23
    F2F interview 4/28
    Consented to background check 4/30
    Drug test 5/7
    Background check completed 5/9
    Official offer received 5/15

Relaxed in person interview..group setting wasn't as strange as I thought it would be! Longest process is waiting on background check company.

No negotiation

People/Human Resources Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at JetBlue.

I was surprised by how quickly I was contacted after I sent in my application. Within about 2 days I received a call to schedule an interview. During this call I was asked some basic questions about my experience and things that are on my resume, nothing hard to answer. I then scheduled a Skype interview with someone that was canceled and replaced with a face-to-face interview in the office. First I met with 2 members of the HR team and just once again discussed things that were on my resume. I was asked to explain a time I made a mistake and how I fixed it, and things of that nature. Overall, this part was very relaxed. Next, I met with another member of the HR team who conducted more of a standardized interview where she asked me already prepared questions and then analyzed my answers using specified scoring systems. These were mostly situational and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss two initiatives that JetBlue does that you find interesting.   Answer Question

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!