JetBlue Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.9

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue.

This interview was very fun and the recruitment team was extremely nice and welcoming. They brought us all into a big cafeteria where we met 2 current Flight Attendants. They check your passport and give you a name tag. After that everyone was finger printed. I guess they do this to avoid needing to call you back in If you are selected to move forward. Make no mistake, this is where the process begins. You are being watched at all times and the moment you step in that building put your game face on.
    After this you are taken into a conference room where every recruiter introduces themselves. They are all energetic and smiling. You need to match that energy level. They look for personality. I know it's hard but don't be nervous and they will tell you the same. But everyone was so cool so it's easy to feel comfortable. Next they ask you all to come forward and state 3 things. Your name, why you want to work for JetBlue, and a fun fact about yourself. Follow the instructions given for this point. Some people mentioned things they specifically said not to.
    After that we where asked to take a break. While in the cafeteria a flight attendant with a clipboard in hand is walking around watching everything. Again, you're watched at all times.
    After break we were brought back to do an activity where we built a house of cards with a team of about 4 to 5. Try to mingle with everyone and don't be in the same group you we're in for the first part. This is just to see how you work with a group. Have fun with this because again you'll be watched by 2 or 3 members of recruitment all armed with clip boards.
    Then you go take lunch. Have some cash or bring food. Cafeteria has awesome selections. Again mingle and change groups. By this point you will have made "friends" and you will see true colors come out. A few flight attendants from JetBlue hung around for this part too.
    Next you are given a presentation on what to expect while working with JetBlue. Take notes and pay attention. Ask questions.
    Lastly you are brought back and you start the face to face interview. You have 2 of those then you read a PA out loud for 20 seconds. They want to see your personality. Smile be bubbly and friendly but be authentic. They can tell. After that you are released for the day. No one gets cut in this interview process. Everyone will be allowed to go through the entire process. Please dress appropriate. Suit and and tie. Ladies just be polished and professional. Also don't pull out your phone. Leave it on silent or off and put it away. If you can't go through this process without looking at your phone then this job is not for you anyway because you can't have it on in the plane right? Right! Good luck. I hoped this helped. The one's in My group that did what I said here got hired. They say you will get notified within a week. A few of us exchanged numbers and kept in contact. The people that got a yes receive a phone call within one or 2 business days. The no group received an email. Have fun with this.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when something changed at work. What was it and how did you cope.   Answer Question
    • Name a time at work when you got frustrated and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when an integrity issue came into play at work. What was is it and what did you do.   Answer Question

Reservations Agent Bilingual Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JetBlue.

Applied online a lot of times received a email with an invite JetBlue blitz hiring event. First they did a half hour presentation then a half hour group interview then they did drug test and then congentive offer was told to wait at home for a email to do a background check took two days now waiting for background check to complete.

Flight Attendant/In Flight Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue.

I applied in November, 2014, completed the online video interview (which are pre-recorded questions, and they video record your answer) in December, and a week later received an invitation for an in-person interview, "Blue Review." I had the option of selecting from 5 different interview dates/locations, and chose the last option in February, 2015 in Orlando.
    There were 40 people in my interview class, which is a normal amount for a major airline. There were about 20 total JetBlue employees present, from current Inflight crew members to interns, HR reps, and talent acquisition agents. All of the employees were extremely professional and genuinely happy and excited to be be at this interview, I was very impressed with their presentations and conductions of the interview as a whole.
    The interview started at 8:30am with signing in and getting name tags. After the staff introduced themselves, we all had to introduce ourselves by stating our name, what made us want to work for JetBlue, and a fun fact about ourselves.
    Next, we were broken up into groups of five as JetBlue employees watched each group construct a tower from note cards to see how we each could work with others.
    They then gave an incredible presentation on JetBlue, including pay rates, flights and scheduling, JetBlue University, requirements for training, benefits, uniforms, etc. We were able to ask questions afterward.
    We then broke for lunch - you either have to bring your own, or you can go out to eat, lunch is not provided.
    When we came back we all took turns getting our fingerprints taken, reading an announcement, and if you were a Spanish-speaking candidate, you took your Spanish test. Once you have done those two (or three) you then proceeded to a de-briefing, and finally an interview.
    The de-briefing consists of two JetBlue employees going over your resume with you and asking you a couple questions that refer to your resume, or thereabouts.
    The interview is next with two other JetBlue employees. They asked four questions, and you were to respond with the STAR method - situation, task, action, result. They told us that we should hear back by the end of next week.
    By the time I was finished with my interview, it was almost 3:30pm, and there were about 15 people left to interview.
    I received a phone call exactly one week later that I had been selected to attend training at JetBlue University in Orlando! I was then overnighted forms for a drug test which had to be completed within two days. I also received an e-mail to submit some personal information, as well as fill out some online forms for the company that conducts the background checks for prospective flight attendants for JetBlue.
    Once the drug test and background tests have been completed (which cannot be more than a month before training per FAA regulations) I will begin training on April 1st, 2015 at JetBlue U!

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to change the way you would normally do something in order to complete a task, and what was the result.   Answer Question

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at JetBlue.

Interview wasn't that bad. Group interview. Then had to do drug test/background check. Now I'm just waiting for everything to be complete hopefully get an offer soon. Overall good experience. Don't be nervous! Interview is different from most jobs.its very unique the way they interview!

Interview Questions
    • Whats something you don't like about your current employer?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue.

First you are interviewed online with a recorded type submitted interview.
    Then the interview process is in groups. Always being observed on how you express yourself and interact with people. You are briefed on what the company is all about and are given the good and the ugly. (holidays, hours etc) Finally you are interviewed individually by a manager. They test you with what you have heard and ask th company's 5 core values(Safety, Caring, Integrity, passion and Fun)

Interview Questions
    • 1. Why did you choose jetblue?
      2. Talk about a time where you had a difficult situation at work. How did you solve it? What was the outcome?
      3. Talk about a time where you had to help a co-worker
      4. scheduling availability

Answer Question

In Flight Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at JetBlue.

The first step in this process is to apply online. After you finish filling in the application, you are instructed to complete a personality quiz. If you pass, you would then receive an email a few weeks later asking you to complete a video interview.

The video interview contains five to six questions, and are mostly situational. If you pass the video interview, you would be contacted to attend a Blue Review in a city nearest you. Jetblue does not provide transportation to and from the interview.

At the Blue Review, you meet the other candidates and show your passport to the recruitors. Be sure to be very social, they are watching! Then you would head to the conference room to be finger printed and prepare to start the day
     First the recruitors and interviewers go to the front and introduce themselves, then row by row the candidates step to the front and say their name, where you're from, why you want to work for jetBlue, and a fun fact about yourself. This step is very crucial. Be sure you answer everything they are asking of you. Many forgot what was asked, or went off topic, and this takes away a lot of points
     Have tons of confidence, speak clear, and speak loud enough the person in the back can hear you.

After that, you break for a few minutes then return for the group activity. You have to build a house of index cards, while following certain rules and challenges they throw. Don't take this part too serious, be sure to have fun, and not too over bearing, and follow the instructions as well. Two recruitors watch you and take notes, mostly on how you work well as a team.

Then you break for lunch, and when you return you start the interview with two flight attendants, then a debriefing with two HR reps, and finally read a PA announcement. They tell you that you would either receive a call or email of their decision. I received a call the next morning saying I had been chosen to move forward.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to become a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to deal with an irate customer. What was the situation, how did you handle it, and what was the end result?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at JetBlue in February 2015.

I applied online like a month ago. Like a week later, I received an invitation to do a phone interview. A few days later I JetBlue recruiter contacted me and invited me to interview in person at the airport. The interview was cancelled twice due to the bad weather we've been having where I live. I had the interview yesterday. It was a panel interview, which sounded terrifying to me when I first heard of it! But don't let that intimidate you, just be yourself and relax...
    Friendly, fun and dynamic atmosphere. The interviewers made every one feel welcome and comfortable. Interview questions were not difficult at all. Today I received an email with the information on completed the background check. Also, someone from JetBlue called me today to schedule the fingerprinting for next week.
    As soon as the background clears they'll contact me to start training.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue.

Long day of presentation, they explain the duties of the ramp. and what is the culture of the company. after that, the interview was in group of five, two people asking questions. For me was a good experience, but I think that they are looking just for young people for that position.

Interview Questions
    • A situation of customer service, what experience you have. why you want to work for jetblue.   View Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at JetBlue in March 2015.

First met with internal recruiter who was very pleasant, and then together with the team supervisor and his manager. Team supervisor was inexperienced at interviewing and focused mainly on technical specifics that could be found on Google in less than 10 seconds by anyone who knows absolutely nothing about systems engineering. It really seemed like he was just trying to prove to his manager that he knew more than me. I would never consider working or anyone like this and withdrew from consideration for this position.

Interview Questions
    • What is the default port for the XML service in XenApp?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI
    Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at JetBlue in March 2015.

It was relatively quick. I answered customer service experience questions using the STAR format. The interviewer was very concerned with taking notes of my reviews. I felt comfortable, but in the back of my head, I realized I was being tested. Overall, it was not a bad experience. The interview was quick.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question