JetBlue

Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at JetBlue.

The first step in this process is to apply online. After you finish filling in the application, you are instructed to complete a personality quiz. If you pass, you would then receive an email a few weeks later asking you to complete a video interview.

The video interview contains five to six questions, and are mostly situational. If you pass the video interview, you would be contacted to attend a Blue Review in a city nearest you. Jetblue does not provide transportation to and from the interview.

At the Blue Review, you meet the other candidates and show your passport to the recruitors. Be sure to be very social, they are watching! Then you would head to the conference room to be finger printed and prepare to start the day
     First the recruitors and interviewers go to the front and introduce themselves, then row by row the candidates step to the front and say their name, where you're from, why you want to work for jetBlue, and a fun fact about yourself. This step is very crucial. Be sure you answer everything they are asking of you. Many forgot what was asked, or went off topic, and this takes away a lot of points
     Have tons of confidence, speak clear, and speak loud enough the person in the back can hear you.

After that, you break for a few minutes then return for the group activity. You have to build a house of index cards, while following certain rules and challenges they throw. Don't take this part too serious, be sure to have fun, and not too over bearing, and follow the instructions as well. Two recruitors watch you and take notes, mostly on how you work well as a team.

Then you break for lunch, and when you return you start the interview with two flight attendants, then a debriefing with two HR reps, and finally read a PA announcement. They tell you that you would either receive a call or email of their decision. I received a call the next morning saying I had been chosen to move forward.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to become a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to deal with an irate customer. What was the situation, how did you handle it, and what was the end result?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at JetBlue.

All day event, with brief group project and formal interviews. Be prepared for brand cheerleading, corporate doublespeak, and drinking the JetBlue Kool-Aid in general. After several years coming from a very pragmatic employer it was probably the most difficult part to stomach and adapt to for me. Pay close attention during the group project, as they will surprise you with some things. Don't expect good odds of getting hired because your application was strong, you jumped through all the hoops and made it there in person... I believe very few were hired from our event. Considering the trouble many went through to attend the event, the considerable amount of time spent waiting around, and the presentation of pay/benefits information that could have been distributed online upon application, I think they could do a better job of filtering candidates and conveying information prior to setting up interview events. If they are that selective they should be tweaking the initial application and video interview to judge the qualities and experience they really want.

Interview Questions
    • Why apply for JetBlue as opposed to other airlines?
      Example of excellent customer service?
      Made a mistake and fixed it?
      Solved conflict with co-worker?

Answer Question

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at JetBlue in February 2015.

I applied online like a month ago. Like a week later, I received an invitation to do a phone interview. A few days later I JetBlue recruiter contacted me and invited me to interview in person at the airport. The interview was cancelled twice due to the bad weather we've been having where I live. I had the interview yesterday. It was a panel interview, which sounded terrifying to me when I first heard of it! But don't let that intimidate you, just be yourself and relax...
    Friendly, fun and dynamic atmosphere. The interviewers made every one feel welcome and comfortable. Interview questions were not difficult at all. Today I received an email with the information on completed the background check. Also, someone from JetBlue called me today to schedule the fingerprinting for next week.
    As soon as the background clears they'll contact me to start training.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Ground Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at JetBlue in January 2015.

APPLICATION

Applied Online and 7 days later received an email to complete a telephone automated interview through Hire IQ.

INTERVIEW

Had a phone interview approximately 5 days later, and attended the information session and group F2F 7 days after that. It was a pleasant and informative event with about 50 candidates. The group F2F interview is basically one recruiter and 3 candidates.

BACKGROUND CHECK

That same evening I received a request for my DOB and SSN. They advised during the session that if you got that email, you are a "chosen one" and that the next to last step would be an email from Sterling Info Systems with a link to provide background check authorization. I received that email the next afternoon.

TAKE YOUR TIME and be sure that you are accurate on the dates and contact information you provide for previous addresses, employers and schools attended. There is also a USPS background check form that you have to fill out and upload to that same website. Follow those directions carefully as well.

Set aside AT LEAST 2 hours to complete this process because once you submit it, you can't go back and edit. Be sure to gather, scan and attach any supporting documentation relating to driving record, past criminal history, etc., if applicable. Airlines only look at the past 10 years for felonies, but you never know and as with any employer, its not an automatic disqualifier--especially if you're truthful. Better safe than sorry.

To that end, once you get a F2F invitation, start gathering all your diplomas, W2s and previous address 411 because they go back line by line of that background paperwork and you can upload as much extra proof as you want. Don't let lack of preparedness be a reason for a delay or disqualification.

Was called by HR and scheduled for my fingerprints the next day for an appointment the following morning.

NEXT STEPS

When the background check clears, we were told a job offer would be made and we'd be advised of the dates for the 1-week training in Orlando.

Everything moved fast. I'm thinking that the longest part is the background check, but less than 24 hours after submitting everything I was already at step 5 of 13.

7 days after submitting Sterling background check information, everything came back "clear" or "complete".

GOT JOB OFFER 3 days later!

1 week Training starts in 2 weeks.

SIDEBAR

The great thing is that you get the questions for the phone and f2f interview before you call in to answer them. The questions include:

1. Please describe what you like best about your current or previous position and why.

2. Please describe a few things that you know about our company and why those things are appealing to you.

3. Please describe a few things that you know about our company and why those things are appealing to you.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Hourly rate is set. There is a 50 cent/hour shift differential for any shift after 6 pm

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at JetBlue in January 2015.

Filled out application in 11/17/14
    Filled out questionnaire 12/1
    Video interview 12/2
    Invited to face2face interview 12/23
    In person interview 1/12
    Result as of 2/4/15 unknown no reply back
    Overall it was an interesting and stressful experience. I like to be in the know and this process isn't quick so it keeps you wondering. The in person interview lasted about 8 hours. The staff was friendly. They wanted to know why you wanted to work there and asked questions pertaining to your past experiences and leadership roles. At the end they say you will receive at phone call or email. I have received neither in almost a month. The only negative aspect is not hearing anything back regardless or their decision. Other airlines hire on the spot and if you're hired then you know you didn't get it and you can move on but when they say they're going to contact you and don't hear back you don't know what to think.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when you took on a role that was not your regular role? what was it? what did you do? how did your supervisors react?   Answer Question

Airport Operations Crew Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JetBlue.

1. Completed online application

2. Contacted through email for phone interview

3. Contacted for follow up over the phone

4. Contacted through email for group interview

5. Waiting for follow up confirming that I will move on

6. If selected training in Orlando, Fla.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at JetBlue.

I applied online for the position when i saw it opened. The position is called "inflight crewmember" (not flight attendant) and the position is only posted for a few hours when needed.

Interview Questions
    • I just got invited to a First Round Interview, Which is a Questionnaire and an Automated Video Interview. Both done online. The interview was a bunch of questions with an A to E options to select from "I agree" "I strongly agree" "i don't agree/i don't disagree" "I disagree" "I strongly disagree". All questions that would best describe your personality. The Video Interview was about different situations and what would you do. Or "tell us of a time when you solved a problem" kind of questions.   Answer Question

College Crew Interview

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue.

There was a brief 15 minute phone interview where they asked questions about what attracted me to JetBlue and why I wanted to work there. It was to make sure this would be a potential fit for me. The next interview was an in person interview in Queens with the hiring manager for the department you applied for and a recruiter. They had a script and asked questions about a challenge in a previous role and how you dealt with it. Just make sure you give specific examples and don't generalize. The staff was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    No. It was for an internship.

In Flight Interview

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue.

For external candidates, you will have a video interview. For internal candidates, a quick 5 to 10 minute phone interview.
    If selected, you will go to what the company calls, a blue review.

Make sure you dress up, and follow all the grooming tips they provide in your email. They will be looking at how well you dress, as you will be the spokesperson for the company.

In the blue review, you will get up in front of everyone, and quickly tell them about yourself, why inflight? and tell us something unique about you.

After that, you will sit down with 2 interviewers, and basically be asked questions about your resume that you provide them. Nothing too stressful here. Additionally, they may have a group project to see how well you work with others. I have had one, in which, the group has to build a building with only index cards.

Then, you will be divided up. Those asked to stay, and those, well, thanks for applying.

At that point, you will do a reach test, a PA reading test, and then a debriefing. You will sit with 2 other candidates, and asked questions, that you must use the STAR approach to answer.

Do your research on using the STAR method. Be very specific in your answers. And most of all, be yourself, and have fun.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had any conflict with a coworker, and if so, how did you handle it? what came out of it?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue in December 2014.

Applied to Jet Blue in November 2014, got an email to do a video interview/questionnaire Dec. 27th. Both will be completed today! Hopefully I get a second round interview in person...I will update you guys after I know!

Interview Questions
    • Personality questions/"I agree or I disagree" and the video interview was more so to see how you solve different problems at work.   Answer Question