JetBlue Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.8

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue (Long Island City, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Great interview process. Very welcoming and warm. Great culture. Family oriented. Was given a tour of the entire floor. Very cool place and people all around. Can tell they really enjoy their jobs.

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply for this internship?   1 Answer

Reservations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at JetBlue (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online during a "blue blitz". I found the online application frustrating because I didn't already have a resume made. I had to take a time out and write up a resume and upload it. By the time I came back...all my previous information I had entered was gone. Oh well!! After I submitted my application, it took about a month to get an invitation to interview. The people we all very nice upon my arrival. I filled out a name tag and went into a large room where they had "commercials" for jetBlue playing. Once everyone arrived (about 60 interviewees), an employee gave a power point presentation highlighting information on working for jetblue. He made sure to point out that all new employees are at the bottom of the seniority list, that you have to be 100 percent available to work any schedule, that jetblue will not work around any schedule needs that you may have, and that it will be difficult to fly out of SLC, Ut on jetblue...since they only have 4 flights per day from that location. He said that jetblue was a great place to work...but not for everyone. If you just found out that jetblue won't work for you, you can leave now and not have to go through the rest of the interview. After the power point we were ushered into a different large room that was separated into different areas with partitions. 4 interviewees sat together at a table with 1 interviewer. The interviewer asked the first person a question. After it was answered, the next person answered the same question and so on until all had answered the question. I was at the end, so I had to answer either last or first each time. The two people in the middle were lucky to get a minute to think of their answer and also not be last and perhaps have all the "good" answers taken. The first question was, "what is your last name and do you swear that you are 100% available to work any schedule". Lol. After the interview it seemed everyone was ushered upstairs to get paperwork for their background check and drug test. My interview was on Saturday and we had till Monday to get our drug test complete and background check information complete. You are supposed to know at least the month and date of starting and stopping every job for the past at least 5 years (this was hard info for me to find out!!).

Interview Questions

• What excites you about working for jetBlue?   1 Answer
    • Tell about a customer who made an unreasonable demand and how you handled it.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to sell something you were unsure of or wouldn't personally buy yourself.   1 Answer
    • What have you don't to explain/educate your customer about your company.   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at JetBlue (Long Island City, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

It was fun, long day, you meet nice people (JB employees and interviewees). You talk a bit about your self, give a few facts about yourself, a group challenge, and then come three rounds of one on one interviews.

Interview Questions

• Can you recall a time where you had to break an obligation and for what reason.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at JetBlue (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was long but fun and worth it. It was first a presentation of the company. Very detailed and they crew members answered all the questions we could think of. We did introductions, talked about how awesome it will be to work for a fascinating company and what to expect if hired. After we had a break in where they called in three people at a time to do interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where your coworker was slacking and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Airport Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at JetBlue (Boston, MA).

Interview

After the initial application submitted over the Internet there was ano automated phone interview.
    After the phone interview jetblue called for the face to face interview.
    It was a group interview.
    First short company presentation, then everyone introduced themselves.
    After introductions we were split into groups for the interview - three persons per one interviewer. Each person had to answer two customer service questions and then say two facts about jetblue

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Application

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue.

Interview

The interview process and pre-employment process is very long, so if you are truly interested in this position be ready to play the waiting game. The interview process is also very different but an awesome learning experience do not be too intimidated the recruiters make you feel very comfortable.

3/13- Applied for position

3/23- Received an email stating that JetBlue is interested in having a phone interview with me. The phone interview is a series of questions that you record (kind of like leaving a voicemail), you have the option of listening to your answer and re recording. It is kind of awkward but after the first question you feel comfortable. The questions are extremely easy and focus on times where you helped fix a customers problems.

3/30- Received a phone call from a JetBlue recruiter saying they were interested in having a face to face interview with me. After I got off the phone the recruiter sent me an email with information regarding the Blue Review which essentially is a company review followed by a group interview.

4/13- Interview. The process took about 3 hours. At first it is extremely intimidating because there are a lot of people and you do not really know what to fully expect. When we first started, we were each given a name tag and split into groups, be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in your group because as you sit down you will notice that some recruiters are observing how you interact with people. There were about 2 recruiters, the general manager of my location, 2 supervisors and a AO crew member. To start the process we went around the entire room to introduce ourselves and we also had to explain why we wanted to work for JetBlue and had to state a fun fact about ourselves.After that the main recruiter gave a presentation on what to expect, the company core values, all benefits and pay info and the training process. The presentation was awesome, I learned so much about the company. Once the presentation was over we took a break and were asked to leave the room. When called back in we were put into groups again different from our first groups. The group interview began. There were 5/6 people per group with 1 recruiter. They ask a total of 5 questions, thank god I got to go first each time it made it easier to be different and to stand out. You could tell that some people were very nervous,BE SURE TO JUST BE YOURSELF, DONT OVER THINK YOUR ANSWERS. Questions are STANDARD interview questions; briefly give us an overview of your resume, describe a time you went out of your way for a customer, describe what you did not like about your last position, tell me something about JetBlue that was NOT discussed during the presentation. That LAST question is the MOST important in my opinion, DO YOUR RESEARCH.

4/20- Received an email that I made it to the next round. I was asked to pick a date and time to go into headquarters for a compliance appointment.

4/21- Received an email to submit for a background check with a 3rd party company, The company does a THOROUGH background check be sure that your dates of employment are 100% correct, I had to call each of my past employers to ensure my dates were correct.

4/22- Compliance Appointment- Went to JetBlue headquarters which was so awesome! I got a on the spot drug test and was also finger printed. As I left the recruiter informed me that I would be contacted as soon as my compliance and background check cleared.

Now I anxiously wait.....

Interview Questions

• One of the main questions they ask multiple time is DO YOU HAVE OPEN AVAILABILITY   2 Answers
    • They ask over and over whether or not you have open availability.   1 Answer
    • Tell me something different about JetBlue then what you heard today   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue (Long Island City, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I interviewed in April 2015. My background check just completed. Is anyone else waiting to get a call? Does anyone know when the next orientation is? Overall it was a good experience. I went in the Headquarters waited for my name to be called and we were interviewed one on one in a room full of other people getting interviewed

Interview Questions

• Name some things you know about Jetblue   1 Answer

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue.

Interview

First you are interviewed online with a recorded type submitted interview.
    Then the interview process is in groups. Always being observed on how you express yourself and interact with people. You are briefed on what the company is all about and are given the good and the ugly. (holidays, hours etc) Finally you are interviewed individually by a manager. They test you with what you have heard and ask th company's 5 core values(Safety, Caring, Integrity, passion and Fun)

Interview Questions

• 1. Why did you choose jetblue?
      2. Talk about a time where you had a difficult situation at work. How did you solve it? What was the outcome?
      3. Talk about a time where you had to help a co-worker
      4. scheduling availability

1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at JetBlue (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied 03/13/15
    Phone interview 3/24/15
    Called for f2f 3/31/15
    F2f interview 4/9/15
    Email to Background check 4/9/15
    Fingerprint and drug test 4/13/15
    Background complete 4/23/15
     Now waiting for a call 4/28/15

Everything was fast and easy. Had a great experience just wish I knew when the next traing would be in Orlando.

Interview Questions

• Why jetblue?
      Have you ever worked for jetblue?
      3 facts about Jetblue?

1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at JetBlue (Long Island City, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

So far great experience! Great staff

04/23/15 - email for virtual interview ( got it done the same day)
    04/30/15 - F2F interview. Interviewed by 2 men
    05/04/15 - email for additional information
    05/06/15 - separate email for background check & to personally go for fingerprint/drug test 05/11/15 - fingerprint & drug test
    05/21- back check was completed but found out on the 26th!!
    05/26/15 - call that offer letter is being sent the next day and training dates were confirmed.

Interview Questions

• Your experience in Customer service: A time you went out of your way to help a co-worker?   Answer Question