JetBlue

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

2.9

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue.

Applied for JB A.O @ JFK on 12/23
    e-mail getting denied 02/07

Aircraft Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at JetBlue in February 2014.

I applied online on their website in Nov of 2013, received a phone call/ phone interview in Jan 2014, passed that and was set up for another interview in Feb 2014 were I was to take a mechanical aptitude test first and if I passed I would proceed to the finger printing and drug testing. After that in the same day I sat down with a panel of three managers and had the panel interview. That was not your typical interview. The questions were complex and the answered were to be in detail. I left the interview and was called two days later with confirmation I was hired. I was then sent an offer letter a week later and it was then official. If you are a mechanic KNOW your stuff! Jetblue management team knows what they are looking for and you must be a complete package, skills, good reasoning, good personality and culture.

Interview Questions
    • There were quite a few questions asked. Examples... Name a time when your integrity could have been compromised, how and why. Name a time when a coworker needed help and did and how did you help them. Name a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer. Name your greatest achievement and why did you choose that answer. If you saw something that a coworker was doing and you knew it was wrong would you confront them and or let management know about the situation.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue in January 2014.

timeline:
    applied online 12/23/13
    phone recorded interview 12/27/13
    01/14/13called for a f2f interview on 01/23/13

Interview Questions
    • phone recorded interview questions were very easy plus you have the chance to delete and record again.
      questions were:

Answer Question
    no negotiation, $12.50

Airport Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at JetBlue in January 2014.

Did not get do a phone interview. Got a call to do a face to face interview. Two weeks later got a call for second interview. There were over 20 candidates there. Before the second interview they told me to do background check and drug test. I was alarmed because i wasn't given a offer so the process was confused. At the final face to face interview, ( held at corporate office) there were lot of supervisors and upper manager. They separate you in groups where some groups do final face to face interview, then the rest finish their fingerprinting. They then do a big presentation on the company and benefits. Everybody was very friendly and nice, you feel a sense of pride working there. They tell you about pay and training is held in orlando for 11 days. Study the company's core values, be professional, and be yourself. Ps: try to be up beat!

In Flight Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at JetBlue.

My interview consisted of 60 applicants or so, we all sat in a room full of employees of JetBlue who were basically interviewing us. There were a few stages of the interview which I found to be very fun. First we were broken up into groups or 3 or 4 and told to get to know each other and stand in front of the room and tell everyone somethings we learned about our group members. Some people did what they were asked which was get to know the person not there job skills, and others took it as a way to throw out job skills (Those were the people to go home so do exactly what they ask not what u feel is best). Than names were called and those name were cut. Afterwards we were broken up into groups of 4-5 and did a group project together which again was to learn about one another (It should be obvious already they want to see how u get long with others) and write it out on a large sheet in diagram form than present it. Once every group presented we watched a video and the JetBlue employees came back in the room, names were called and those named were removed from the room and told they made the next stage of the interview. We took lunch and once again we were being watched all over the lunch room by the same employees. After we were interviewed in groups of 3 by 2 people who wrote down every single word we said (Research the S.T.A.R. method of questioning, every single question must be answered using that method). Than I was interviewed on my own and within a week I was offered a spot in their training class.

Interview Questions
    • I found it difficult when they asked me to sell them something cause I hate sales people and I don't like to push things on someone unless they tell me there interested in buying.   View Answer
    • Give an example of a time u were face with a problem in the work place that ended negatively.   View Answer
    At this point there is no negotiating, they offer a set hourly rate, an increase after 6 months, and yearly wage increases + benefits and all that good stuff.

Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue.

I applied and was called in. Had a group interview, a panel interview with presentation, 2 one on one interviews with Senior Leadership and finally was hired.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember specific questions but I had to be able to demonstrate my skills immediately.   Answer Question
    There was little negotiation - the offer was fair at the time.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at JetBlue in November 2013.

Got an interview through campus recruitment at a university. Interviewer was 30 minutes late to the interview (very unprofessional). Asked me what I knew about the company and basic questions like why I wanted to work there. Proceeded to ask me a series of "behavioral" questions in order to "see how my Industrial Engineering mind works." Somewhat tricky.

Interview Questions
    • How would you determine the number of gas stations in the world?   Answer Question

Found a different summer opportunity that I was more interested in

Customer Service Agent Interview

Applied online in mid August 2013. Received a very nice email in late Sept. that they decided to cancel the search to fill this position. The email encouraged checking their website often for new posting.

Operations Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at JetBlue in August 2013.

Basic interview, nothing to extreme. 1 or 2 scenario questions. More like a casual converstion in typical JetBlue fashion. Interviewers made you feel comfortable. They want to ensure you are the right person for the job.

No negotiation

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue in July 2013.

applied online in June 2013, answered automated interview questions in july, invited to face to face group interview July 27 and was told if selected class would leave for Orlando on 9/10/13. Received email stating JetBlue identified me as someone they would like to hire and completed background check, then sent for fingerprints and drug test on 8/19. Never heard back from recruiter and class is supposedly leaving for training this week.

Interview Questions
    • We had a group interview which can be uncomfortable because in my group one individual was first to answer every question, in particular to tell everything he knew about JetBlue and he rattled off everything that the rest of us also knew but left nothing more for us to answer. It would have been better to ask for 1 or 2 things each of us knew just to give the others in the group something to contribute   Answer Question