JetBlue Interview Questions

2.9

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Queens Village, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at JetBlue in November 2013.

Got an interview through campus recruitment at a university. Interviewer was 30 minutes late to the interview (very unprofessional). Asked me what I knew about the company and basic questions like why I wanted to work there. Proceeded to ask me a series of "behavioral" questions in order to "see how my Industrial Engineering mind works." Somewhat tricky.

Interview Questions
    • How would you determine the number of gas stations in the world?   Answer Question

Found a different summer opportunity that I was more interested in

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at JetBlue in January 2013.

I traveled the day before I took a car service to make sure I wasn't late. We all were waiting in the lobby then they came and got us. Each recruiter introduced them selfs; then each canadate had to state there name, what are you currently doing, and why do you want to work for jetBlue. I also quoted a movie line and I smiled and thanked the reciters. We then took a break and they came back in the room and said we all passed and moved onto the next step. We watched a movie about the company; we took lunch. Then we had to do a jump seat test and bin test and PA test. We were all waiting in the lobby for others to finish. Some people went to a group panel as 4 others including my self were picked to do finger prints. I knew at this point I had the job because they were finger printing me. We had a group interviews very relaxed one of the recruiters hinted by mistake that oh don't worry you have the job then she like well I'm not sure you will just need to wait up to a week to find out. I then had a 1-1 interview that I thought i FAILED! I was then walked out of the building got done around 4 pm. Great company to work for! SMILE SMILE SMILE! Don't be shy and set your self apart from 45 other hopefuls. Take time to talk to the recruiters more than likely the same ones will be there when you did Skype mine was! Don't talk bad about your job. I said I flew for a regional airline but didn't mention it!

Interview Questions
    none- no union but great company!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at JetBlue in January 2014.

timeline:
    applied online 12/23/13
    phone recorded interview 12/27/13
    01/14/13called for a f2f interview on 01/23/13

Interview Questions
    • phone recorded interview questions were very easy plus you have the chance to delete and record again.
      questions were:
      5. what excites you about working at jetblue and why you want to work here
        Answer Question
    no negotiation, $12.50

In Flight Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at JetBlue.

My interview consisted of 60 applicants or so, we all sat in a room full of employees of JetBlue who were basically interviewing us. There were a few stages of the interview which I found to be very fun. First we were broken up into groups or 3 or 4 and told to get to know each other and stand in front of the room and tell everyone somethings we learned about our group members. Some people did what they were asked which was get to know the person not there job skills, and others took it as a way to throw out job skills (Those were the people to go home so do exactly what they ask not what u feel is best). Than names were called and those name were cut. Afterwards we were broken up into groups of 4-5 and did a group project together which again was to learn about one another (It should be obvious already they want to see how u get long with others) and write it out on a large sheet in diagram form than present it. Once every group presented we watched a video and the JetBlue employees came back in the room, names were called and those named were removed from the room and told they made the next stage of the interview. We took lunch and once again we were being watched all over the lunch room by the same employees. After we were interviewed in groups of 3 by 2 people who wrote down every single word we said (Research the S.T.A.R. method of questioning, every single question must be answered using that method). Than I was interviewed on my own and within a week I was offered a spot in their training class.

Interview Questions
    • I found it difficult when they asked me to sell them something cause I hate sales people and I don't like to push things on someone unless they tell me there interested in buying.   View Answer
    • Give an example of a time u were face with a problem in the work place that ended negatively.   View Answer
    At this point there is no negotiating, they offer a set hourly rate, an increase after 6 months, and yearly wage increases + benefits and all that good stuff.

Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at JetBlue.

I applied and was called in. Had a group interview, a panel interview with presentation, 2 one on one interviews with Senior Leadership and finally was hired.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember specific questions but I had to be able to demonstrate my skills immediately.   Answer Question
    There was little negotiation - the offer was fair at the time.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Applied online in mid August 2013. Received a very nice email in late Sept. that they decided to cancel the search to fill this position. The email encouraged checking their website often for new posting.

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

I applied online - interviewed at JetBlue in July 2013.

applied online in June 2013, answered automated interview questions in july, invited to face to face group interview July 27 and was told if selected class would leave for Orlando on 9/10/13. Received email stating JetBlue identified me as someone they would like to hire and completed background check, then sent for fingerprints and drug test on 8/19. Never heard back from recruiter and class is supposedly leaving for training this week.

Interview Questions
    • We had a group interview which can be uncomfortable because in my group one individual was first to answer every question, in particular to tell everything he knew about JetBlue and he rattled off everything that the rest of us also knew but left nothing more for us to answer. It would have been better to ask for 1 or 2 things each of us knew just to give the others in the group something to contribute   Answer Question

Supervisor, Provisioning (MCO Airport) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at JetBlue in July 2012.

I was screened over the phone after applying online for the position. I was accepted for a face to face interview with the Manager and recruiter. I flew down to Orlando for the interview and it went smoothly. After that I waited a few days where then I heard from the recruiter and she had informed me that I had not been chosen for the position. I was sat down and we went over a few things I may have done wrong which could help me in an interview next time.

Interview Questions
    • My most difficult question was that of what should I do in a certain situation.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at JetBlue in June 2012.

Complete and utter waste of time... 4 interviews and bells and whistles for an incredibly too low to live on salary. Company seemed to prefer the ideas of the interview candidates more so than their own senior staff. Lots of incompetence at connecting calls although I guess everyone meant well.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you went above and beyond in a customer service roll.   Answer Question

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at JetBlue in March 2013.

Timeline:
    3/27 Background check completed
    Waited
    5/09 call with conditional job offer

5/27 I leave to ORD for team member training

Interview Questions
    • All were easy. Just watch how you interact with the group. Don't be too quiet or too talkative find the middle.   View Answer
    None take it or leave it