JetBlue Manager Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at JetBlue.

I applied and was called in. Had a group interview, a panel interview with presentation, 2 one on one interviews with Senior Leadership and finally was hired.

Interview Questions
  • I do not remember specific questions but I had to be able to demonstrate my skills immediately.   Answer Question
There was little negotiation - the offer was fair at the time.

Other Interview Reviews for JetBlue

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Forest Hills, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest Hills, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at JetBlue in May 2011.

Short phone screening then in-person interviews at their office. Front desk not the most friendly people, so be extra nice to them...I suspect they are part of the interview process. Be ready to answer "Why this company", "Describe how you've gone above and beyond to please a customer", understand their core values.
    The people I met with were amazing and I would work with them in a heartbeat. They really know their stuff and have the right mindset and are genuinely friendly and caring. The run very lean, but in a good way.
    You'll probably meet with 3 or 4 people for 30 minutes each. It's important you understand the company before going in. Know the role as described in the position and be extremely passionate about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

Cost and commute time in New York City... they aren't convenient to commute to, so would require living in the city or Queens/Brooklyn, which is far more expensive than other NY Metro areas (such as NJ/CT/Westchester etc).
    Time Off Benefits - terrible... no where close to what my current and previous companies gives
    Medical benefit costs - terrible... 2 to 4 times more expensive than other places I've worked.
    Buddy Passes - expensive to use...and very few. Don't expect to bring friends with you for free on trips. It's cheaper than buying a ticket, but its expensive, and who knows if they'll raise the cost soon/later.

While the job and company seem amazing, I was concerned that the benefits were so weak that the company didn't care about long term retention of its employees as much as it should. I can't imagine having to pay $400-600+/month for family medical insurance (and only 50% of prescription costs are covered) when my current company costs at most $120/month (for a family) with much better coverage. When you start off with only 20 days off in the first year (including all holidays, sick time, vacation, personal etc), I wonder how much they want to attract and retain new employees. 20 days may seem like a lot, but it includes all your holidays and sick time.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at JetBlue in June 2008.

applied online via the company web site. Think that a lot of filtering is done automatcally. Interview process was simple enough. An initial interview with the hiring manager and then a second interview (with more of the traditional interview type questions with People). Heard back within a week or so with a job offer. YOu do the drug test during your initial visit.

Interview Questions
    starting bonus seemed eaiser to get than additional leave

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!