JetBlue

JetBlue Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at JetBlue.

The first step in this process is to apply online. After you finish filling in the application, you are instructed to complete a personality quiz. If you pass, you would then receive an email a few weeks later asking you to complete a video interview.

The video interview contains five to six questions, and are mostly situational. If you pass the video interview, you would be contacted to attend a Blue Review in a city nearest you. Jetblue does not provide transportation to and from the interview.

At the Blue Review, you meet the other candidates and show your passport to the recruitors. Be sure to be very social, they are watching! Then you would head to the conference room to be finger printed and prepare to start the day
     First the recruitors and interviewers go to the front and introduce themselves, then row by row the candidates step to the front and say their name, where you're from, why you want to work for jetBlue, and a fun fact about yourself. This step is very crucial. Be sure you answer everything they are asking of you. Many forgot what was asked, or went off topic, and this takes away a lot of points
     Have tons of confidence, speak clear, and speak loud enough the person in the back can hear you.

After that, you break for a few minutes then return for the group activity. You have to build a house of index cards, while following certain rules and challenges they throw. Don't take this part too serious, be sure to have fun, and not too over bearing, and follow the instructions as well. Two recruitors watch you and take notes, mostly on how you work well as a team.

Then you break for lunch, and when you return you start the interview with two flight attendants, then a debriefing with two HR reps, and finally read a PA announcement. They tell you that you would either receive a call or email of their decision. I received a call the next morning saying I had been chosen to move forward.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to become a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to deal with an irate customer. What was the situation, how did you handle it, and what was the end result?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at JetBlue.

All day event, with brief group project and formal interviews. Be prepared for brand cheerleading, corporate doublespeak, and drinking the JetBlue Kool-Aid in general. After several years coming from a very pragmatic employer it was probably the most difficult part to stomach and adapt to for me. Pay close attention during the group project, as they will surprise you with some things. Don't expect good odds of getting hired because your application was strong, you jumped through all the hoops and made it there in person... I believe very few were hired from our event. Considering the trouble many went through to attend the event, the considerable amount of time spent waiting around, and the presentation of pay/benefits information that could have been distributed online upon application, I think they could do a better job of filtering candidates and conveying information prior to setting up interview events. If they are that selective they should be tweaking the initial application and video interview to judge the qualities and experience they really want.

Interview Questions
    • Why apply for JetBlue as opposed to other airlines?
      Example of excellent customer service?
      Made a mistake and fixed it?
      Solved conflict with co-worker?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at JetBlue in January 2015.

Filled out application in 11/17/14
    Filled out questionnaire 12/1
    Video interview 12/2
    Invited to face2face interview 12/23
    In person interview 1/12
    Result as of 2/4/15 unknown no reply back
    Overall it was an interesting and stressful experience. I like to be in the know and this process isn't quick so it keeps you wondering. The in person interview lasted about 8 hours. The staff was friendly. They wanted to know why you wanted to work there and asked questions pertaining to your past experiences and leadership roles. At the end they say you will receive at phone call or email. I have received neither in almost a month. The only negative aspect is not hearing anything back regardless or their decision. Other airlines hire on the spot and if you're hired then you know you didn't get it and you can move on but when they say they're going to contact you and don't hear back you don't know what to think.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when you took on a role that was not your regular role? what was it? what did you do? how did your supervisors react?   Answer Question

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Is City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Is City, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at JetBlue in December 2014.

Very amicable and straight to the point. Although lengthy process, the actual interview was smooth. Their inviting an warm atmosphere made it easy to properly answer each question.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at JetBlue in November 2014.

I received an invitation to have a Cyber Interview with JetBlue in November of 2014. In the email they included a link for a questionnaire and a video interview. The video interview was difficult because they give you 5 seconds to read the question and after that you are being recorded. So you feel stupid looking at yourself on a screen thinking your answer. I feel like it would be easier if you were speaking to an actual person.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle situations that are stressful?
      How do you handle stressful situations with a co-worker?
      Why do you want to work for JetBlue

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at JetBlue in August 2014.

Applied online on 7/20
    Invited for Video Interview 7/29
    Invited to In-Person Interview 8/5
    Interview 8/20
    Called for Hire 8/22
    Received and Signed Offer Letter 9/26

The key to winning this job is to be as personable as possible and to do your research about the company/interview process ahead of time.

The video interview was odd because this group of hires was the first to test it out. We were given a question then a ten second counter appeared and we had to answer the question. It was a bit awkward because I could see myself on screen and found it distracting. At the end I was asked which would be the hardest for me working non traditional hours, working holidays or locating to a new base.

During In-Person section we had to introduce ourselves to the entire room including all the other candidates for hire. We stated our names, where we were from, why we wanted to work at JetBlue and a fun fact about ourselves.

When asked why you want to work there don't say because you want to travel! Everyone says that and you will not stand out/look like you just want the job for the perks. Talk about JetBlue as a company, do research and show that you think it would be a good place for you to grow and learn! When stating your fact think of something social that you do outside of work. Activities that show off your extroversion even outside of the work place really helps (i.e. being part of a sports team or performance group)

We also did a group exercise involving building a tower from cards. It was pretty fun and we were given interesting challenges.

They make you do a reach test and a PA test as well.

All interview questions will follow a STAR format. Some of mine included "How did you respond to a situation at work that you found unethical?" and "Tell me about a time when you were understaffed- how did you handle the situation?"

Make sure that you socialize with all the other candidates, shake hands etc.. People are watching you to see how social you are.

The interview is difficult in terms of getting through the initial hoops. Many people in attendance had LoR's from people that worked in the company.

Do what you can to stand out in the crowd. Know that the job can sometimes be difficult but don't be afraid of it! Talk about how to you turned around bad days at work with your team and how proud you were of what you've accomplished in your current job.

Oh and one candidate got up to introduce themselves and bad mouthed the carrier that they currently work for. BIG NO-NO! Never ever talk bad about previous employers.

Be fun and positive. You will do just fine.

In-flight Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at JetBlue in August 2014.

Online application.2 weeks later webcam interview that you record your responses. There are 5 questions for the webcam interview. No live pperson, just you and you have 5 seconds to read the question. Before it records you.
    interviewed August 20th 2014 in long island city, ny . 8:30am-5pm everyone was unexpectedly done early by 3pm. You 1st meet in the lobby with other apapplicants, you are divided into groups and led up to the conference room upstairs via elevator. Next you are doing finger prints and show required documents. They talk to the group show you a company video, then explain benefits and pay. Next you go one by one in a line and introduce yourself to the group and a fun fact about yourself. Next return to your seat. After that we did a group activity and were split into groups of 5. The activity was to bulid a tower out of index cards that were numbered. My group won and the cards did not fall. A recruiter is watching the whole activity and writing notes to see if there is participation and leadership being done. Next lunch in the cafeteria. Either bring your own lunch or have a decent amount of cash for lunch. Next sfaff brings all of you back to conference room. Reach test, then pa announcement that you read from a very short script. If you habla español you are to do the pa announcement in Spanish and also write a very short paragraphs in what they want you to write. Next debriefing interview done with 2 JetBlue employees asking 2 questions after looking at your resume. Next interview with 2 JetBlue employees asking 4 questions after looking at your resume. Star method style interview. After that JetBlue employees ask if you have any questions about any parts of training or job. They said once you were done with everything you could leave. I left at 3pm. Everyone was there till the end, unlike what I heard from previous group interviews which apparently half the applicants were eliminated after lunch.everyone stayed. No drug tests were taken at this time. They switch up how they do things from interview to interview, you won't know what to expect.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

IT Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Is City, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Long Is City, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JetBlue.

Received an email and call from internal corporate recruiter about a week after applying online through their website to set up a phone interview about a week in advance. The recruiter called on time and was very professional the conversation was largely a review of my resume and discussion centered around my level of interest in the role. We mutually decided that this role would not be a good fit since they were looking for someone with less experience.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JetBlue.

half day long, unorganized, but definitely full of culture. it was fun, interesting, but did it in the old office building, haven't been in the new corporate office yet

Interview Questions
    • why? everyone says because they want to travel. thats a given   Answer Question

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Forest Hills, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Forest Hills, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at JetBlue.

The process started with a phone interview of approximately 20 minutes followed by a onsite interview of approximately 4 hours the following week . I first interview with a HR guy for some basic info about work status, education and so on. I later met with members of the revenue management team, three associates and one analyst. They all had personality assessment questions and all had some tricky mathematics/logical questions like "how many cups of coffee do you think Starbucks sell in any given day?". I was given a math test at the end of the interview session (Basic calculus and statistics).

Interview Questions
    • How many quarters would it take to reach the high of the empire state building?   View Answer