JetBlue

2.9

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

In Flight Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at JetBlue in August 2014.

Applied online on 7/20
    Invited for Video Interview 7/29
    Invited to In-Person Interview 8/5
    Interview 8/20
    Called for Hire 8/22
    Received and Signed Offer Letter 9/26

The key to winning this job is to be as personable as possible and to do your research about the company/interview process ahead of time.

The video interview was odd because this group of hires was the first to test it out. We were given a question then a ten second counter appeared and we had to answer the question. It was a bit awkward because I could see myself on screen and found it distracting. At the end I was asked which would be the hardest for me working non traditional hours, working holidays or locating to a new base.

During In-Person section we had to introduce ourselves to the entire room including all the other candidates for hire. We stated our names, where we were from, why we wanted to work at JetBlue and a fun fact about ourselves.

When asked why you want to work there don't say because you want to travel! Everyone says that and you will not stand out/look like you just want the job for the perks. Talk about JetBlue as a company, do research and show that you think it would be a good place for you to grow and learn! When stating your fact think of something social that you do outside of work. Activities that show off your extroversion even outside of the work place really helps (i.e. being part of a sports team or performance group)

We also did a group exercise involving building a tower from cards. It was pretty fun and we were given interesting challenges.

They make you do a reach test and a PA test as well.

All interview questions will follow a STAR format. Some of mine included "How did you respond to a situation at work that you found unethical?" and "Tell me about a time when you were understaffed- how did you handle the situation?"

Make sure that you socialize with all the other candidates, shake hands etc.. People are watching you to see how social you are.

The interview is difficult in terms of getting through the initial hoops. Many people in attendance had LoR's from people that worked in the company.

Do what you can to stand out in the crowd. Know that the job can sometimes be difficult but don't be afraid of it! Talk about how to you turned around bad days at work with your team and how proud you were of what you've accomplished in your current job.

Oh and one candidate got up to introduce themselves and bad mouthed the carrier that they currently work for. BIG NO-NO! Never ever talk bad about previous employers.

Be fun and positive. You will do just fine.

In-flight Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at JetBlue in August 2014.

Online application.2 weeks later webcam interview that you record your responses. There are 5 questions for the webcam interview. No live pperson, just you and you have 5 seconds to read the question. Before it records you.
    interviewed August 20th 2014 in long island city, ny . 8:30am-5pm everyone was unexpectedly done early by 3pm. You 1st meet in the lobby with other apapplicants, you are divided into groups and led up to the conference room upstairs via elevator. Next you are doing finger prints and show required documents. They talk to the group show you a company video, then explain benefits and pay. Next you go one by one in a line and introduce yourself to the group and a fun fact about yourself. Next return to your seat. After that we did a group activity and were split into groups of 5. The activity was to bulid a tower out of index cards that were numbered. My group won and the cards did not fall. A recruiter is watching the whole activity and writing notes to see if there is participation and leadership being done. Next lunch in the cafeteria. Either bring your own lunch or have a decent amount of cash for lunch. Next sfaff brings all of you back to conference room. Reach test, then pa announcement that you read from a very short script. If you habla español you are to do the pa announcement in Spanish and also write a very short paragraphs in what they want you to write. Next debriefing interview done with 2 JetBlue employees asking 2 questions after looking at your resume. Next interview with 2 JetBlue employees asking 4 questions after looking at your resume. Star method style interview. After that JetBlue employees ask if you have any questions about any parts of training or job. They said once you were done with everything you could leave. I left at 3pm. Everyone was there till the end, unlike what I heard from previous group interviews which apparently half the applicants were eliminated after lunch.everyone stayed. No drug tests were taken at this time. They switch up how they do things from interview to interview, you won't know what to expect.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

IT Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Is City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Is City, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JetBlue.

Received an email and call from internal corporate recruiter about a week after applying online through their website to set up a phone interview about a week in advance. The recruiter called on time and was very professional the conversation was largely a review of my resume and discussion centered around my level of interest in the role. We mutually decided that this role would not be a good fit since they were looking for someone with less experience.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JetBlue.

half day long, unorganized, but definitely full of culture. it was fun, interesting, but did it in the old office building, haven't been in the new corporate office yet

Interview Questions
    • why? everyone says because they want to travel. thats a given   Answer Question

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest Hills, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest Hills, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at JetBlue.

The process started with a phone interview of approximately 20 minutes followed by a onsite interview of approximately 4 hours the following week . I first interview with a HR guy for some basic info about work status, education and so on. I later met with members of the revenue management team, three associates and one analyst. They all had personality assessment questions and all had some tricky mathematics/logical questions like "how many cups of coffee do you think Starbucks sell in any given day?". I was given a math test at the end of the interview session (Basic calculus and statistics).

Interview Questions
    • How many quarters would it take to reach the high of the empire state building?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at JetBlue.

There was a phone interview, and a face to face. Then a surprise 3 phone interview conducted by someone with the company for 2 weeks and was just breaking into the field.

Interview Questions
    • The only unexpected part was being interviewed by someone who has been in the industry for half the amount of time I have been.   Answer Question

Ground Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at JetBlue in March 2014.

I applied 3/14
    Then I received an email invite for a phone interview 3/21
    Phone interview is simple,you're given some question and you record your answer if you're satisfied with your answer you save it if not delete and try agai.
    The questions included
    (WHY DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR JETBLUE?

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THE COMPANY?

GIVE AND EXAMPLE OF WHEN YOU WENT ABOVE THE CUSTOMER'S EXPECTATIONS AND WHAT WAS THE END RESULT?)

I received a phone call to come in for a f2f interview at the Long Island city office in queens 3/26
     I had my F2F interview on 4/3 . I was interviewed simultaneously by two JetBlue employees. Interview was very laid back. They asked mostly customer service questions. They also ask personality question to see how you get along with your coworkers and how you handle situations.
    I was called about a week later to come in for what they call "phase 2"(orientation)
    Phase 2 they basically tell you what the job entails,benefits and what is expected of you. At phase 2 you are fingerprinted and given the release for your drug test.
    Later that day I was an email asking for consent to a background check.
    I consented to my background check 4/10
    Make sure that everything is correct before you submit your background check the process WILL take longer if they have to contact you for additional information.
    My background check completed on 5/15
    Then I played the good ol waiting game I waited everyday by my phone to receive the job offer
    Finally I received the official job offer received 7/13

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question was
      Do you know what type of planes we fly?

View Answer
    There is no negotiation you're sent an offer letter by email and you're asked to sign and return through email or fax

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at JetBlue.

I was approached first by the talent coordinator. She wanted to know how I would react in certain scenarios and asked questions about my past working experiences. I also had the chance to meet with my potential supervisor, who gave me a rundown of the kind of employee they look for in this particular department.

Overall, they were very friendly and also very helpful. I left my interview with a smile on my face. It wasn't because I expected to get the job, but more of me feeling like I have gained a considerable amount of knowledge within a short amount of time.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a moment when you were apart of a team and was asked to do something you did not like. How did you approach that situation?   Answer Question

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at JetBlue in January 2014.

timeline:
    applied online 12/23/13
    phone recorded interview 12/27/13
    01/14/13called for a f2f interview on 01/23/13

Interview Questions
    • phone recorded interview questions were very easy plus you have the chance to delete and record again.
      questions were:

Answer Question
    no negotiation, $12.50

Airport Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at JetBlue in January 2014.

Did not get do a phone interview. Got a call to do a face to face interview. Two weeks later got a call for second interview. There were over 20 candidates there. Before the second interview they told me to do background check and drug test. I was alarmed because i wasn't given a offer so the process was confused. At the final face to face interview, ( held at corporate office) there were lot of supervisors and upper manager. They separate you in groups where some groups do final face to face interview, then the rest finish their fingerprinting. They then do a big presentation on the company and benefits. Everybody was very friendly and nice, you feel a sense of pride working there. They tell you about pay and training is held in orlando for 11 days. Study the company's core values, be professional, and be yourself. Ps: try to be up beat!