Jewel-Osco Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

1.6

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jewel-Osco.

Initially contacted via the phone. I did two 1:1 interviews and one behavioral interview. The process took 3 weeks. During the process all information was provided via documentation for further inspection. Career growth was placed on the table to demonstrate job growth. Interviews were roughly 45-60 minutes long and around 20-30 behavioral question.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very basic and not difficult. Several if this happens what would you do. Also several questions pertaining to your personality and decision making process.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating. Either you accept the terms or you do not get the job.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jewel-Osco.

I filled application out in the morning and got a call back that same afternoon. They would call in around 5 people and interview one by one. Ask questions about personality, hobbies, how you would contribute to the company.

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Grove, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jewel-Osco.

I, as most people I worked with seemed to, had a connection at Jewel-Osco that got me the job. I walked in for the interview and the woman just told me that I passed the screening. I asked when I would know if I was hired and she said I already had the job, they just had to arrange training. Basically, if you know someone, it's ridiculously easy.

Interview Questions
    They just told me the hourly wage.

Any Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory Hills, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory Hills, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Jewel-Osco in July 2013.

I recieved a call about my resume and she was impressed. She called back later that day and was offered an interview that following monday. I was asked a few questions then was brung into a different room. I was ministered a saliva drug test.I think I have the job but im Waiting on background check.

Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jewel-Osco in July 2013.

I applied online and they called me within a week. I scheduled an interview and came in. I waited upstairs alone for the lady to call me in. ( I would have been with five other people waiting but I couldn't come the same day as everyone else.) I filled out some paper work and they called me in. They first asked me to tell them a little about myself and asked why they should chose me. The interview lasted about 10-15 minutes. They drug tested me after and then once i passed we went and took a tour downstairs and that was it.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what I would do if a customer asked for an item we didn't have what i would tell them.   View Answer

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jewel-Osco in June 2013.

The interview was good he help me out in the interview he told me to take my time giving him answers and think about what I'm going to say and didn't take long

Front End Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Forest, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Forest, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Jewel-Osco.

The interview was really easy on about four questions. EX: TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF.

Front End Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Jewel-Osco in May 2013.

Applied online call next day
    She sat me down and asked questions about customer service and situational questions

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw a customer who was looking for so,etching but you didn't know where to find it.   View Answers (2)

HHB Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jewel-Osco in April 2013.

It is said that Jewel-Osco will hire anyone and while that might be the case for the Jewel side; it is not the same for Osco. To get hired by Osco it is who you know and you have to go through at least 2 interviews plus come in for a drug test. The whole process can take at least two weeks depending on the manager. The manager will go through all of your work experience and tell you how hard it is to do the job. They will asked you about multitasking and performing "expert" customer service. If you click with the manager or if you are a "friend" you will get the job on the spot. They will also promise you things that will not happen such as schedule and being considerate.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you how to handle rude or displeased customers because they get so many. It is important to say you will kiss as much butt as possible to keep the customer happy.   Answer Question
    They ask you how much you would like to start with, even though all wages are set by the union. You will make between .10 and .20 more than minimum wage.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Jewel-Osco in March 2013.

The interview was conducted very well, they asked a few questions about dealing with difficult circumstances but nothing out of the ordinary.

I requested substantially more than they originally offered, they didn't meet my request but offer more than they did originally.