Jewel-Osco Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

1.8

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jewel-Osco (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I filled out the application in the store using their application computer. It took about 35 minutes to complete (had over 70 questions that got very tiring and annoying). After about a week I received a call from the hiring manager. I sat with him for an interview the day after. He asked me about my experience but did not seem to interested. He then started to instruct me on the next steps of the interview. We went to the break room and he put on a Jewel-Osco employee video and told me to watch it as he proceeded to exist the room. The video was about 30 minutes long and corny. He came back after the video was finished and asked if I had any questions. I did not. We walked back to his office and after a bit of stalling he made the offer to me. I accepted but did not feel to sure about it.

Interview Questions

• What are some experiences that you posses that can help you in this job?   Answer Question

Night Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Algonquin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jewel-Osco (Algonquin, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application on June 23rd, was called in for an interview on July 7th. Due to some unfortunate timing there were no positions available by the time we interviewed. However, they'll keep my information and resume on file; and will contact me if another position opens. Assistant manager I interviewed with was friendly and to-the-point.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jewel-Osco (Bolingbrook, IL).

Interview

Your simple basic interview of why you want to work here and what are your skills. Interviewer was nice, was hired on the spot. Was followed up by a drug testing. Was given hours within the next few days after interview. Very quick and easy.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Ellyn, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Jewel-Osco (Glen Ellyn, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Was called and did a phone interview on the spot. She told me to come in that Friday for an interview face to face. Was asked more questions by the same person that interviewed me on the phone. Then the DM interviewed me, and the the manager of the bakery clerk told me what the job consisted of. I was pretty much hired on the spot. That followed by a mouth swab drug test and passed that too.

Market Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jewel-Osco.

Interview

I applied online and received a call for an interview about a week later. I was hired on the spot after the interview and started training about a week later. Overall, it was about 2 to 3 weeks until I started the actual job.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are your career plans?   1 Answer

Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Ellyn, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jewel-Osco (Glen Ellyn, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Really easy, they as more about you than anything. I got a phone call asking a few questions the day before my one one interview. She asked simple questions that took about five minutes. After that, I was pretty much guaranteed the job and was mostly asked about my hobbies and stuff and what hours I could work.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jewel-Osco (Champaign, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Went to the career fair at my university. Talked with the recruiter there. After talking for a little bit about the management trainee program and a little about myself, he asked for me to interview on campus the next day. Signed up for a time and that was about it.

Interview Questions

• Asked a few questions about my resume. I went into detail about the specifics that the interviewer asked about. Then he started asking typical behavioral questions. "Name a time when you were working in a group and a team member wasn't doing their job. What did you do about this problem?". There were two others. Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jewel-Osco (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Recieved a call for an interview a few days later. Interviewed with the store manager. Very easy interview. He didn't really ask any "typical interview" questions, mostly about my availability and making sure I wouldn't have trouble getting between school and work. At the end, he pretty much told me that I'll get a call back for orientation as long as I passed the drug test (mouth drug test) which I did and I started working within a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. There was never a negotiation phase, I didn't even know my hourly pay until I got my first paystub.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied online and interviewed over the phone. I'm not sure if the standard is to interview over the phone. I know they were I'm a rush to fill the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jewel-Osco (Itasca, IL).

Interview

Initially contacted via the phone. I did two 1:1 interviews and one behavioral interview. The process took 3 weeks. During the process all information was provided via documentation for further inspection. Career growth was placed on the table to demonstrate job growth. Interviews were roughly 45-60 minutes long and around 20-30 behavioral question.

Interview Questions

• All questions were very basic and not difficult. Several if this happens what would you do. Also several questions pertaining to your personality and decision making process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. Either you accept the terms or you do not get the job.