Jewel-Osco

66 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Front End Service Clerk/Cashier Interview

Front End Service Clerk/Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Jewel-Osco.

Interview Details – The entire process was trivial. Required no preparation. Went into an interview and the interviewer asked me a bunch of questions that had nothing to do with the job itself. I was given the offer as I walked out.

Interview Question – "If you were a kitchen appliance, what would you be?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none. They told me what I'd be paid and gave no room for talk.

Stocker Interview

Stocker
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Jewel-Osco in June 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was good he help me out in the interview he told me to take my time giving him answers and think about what I'm going to say and didn't take long

Interview Question – He ask me where will be in 5 years   View Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Jewel-Osco in September 2012.

Interview Details – Meeting with the Pharmacy Manager and a Registered Pharmacist. Afterward, I was asked behavioral questions about what would make me a good fit for the job as well as what would be a weakness. I also took a math aptitude test involving questions in which you were to determine the proper amount of medication to give a patient based on how many to take per day and the total amount given.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions that I can remember, the only thing though is that the math test took a while to complete. If you understand college math and algebra, that should be more than enough.   Answer Question

Front End Service Clerk/Cashier Interview

Front End Service Clerk/Cashier

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jewel-Osco.

Interview Details – I interviewed at a job fair. The woman who interviewed me was very nice. We had an actual conversation while also getting the interview completed. (Side note: It seemed like she was grading my answers to her questions as red, yellow, or green.) I got a call two weeks after the interview to schedule a drug test, but I missed the call because I was on vacation. I called back a week later and they were very understanding. I had to take a drug test (this gross swab thing that looked kind of like a pregnancy test that you had to swirl around in your mouth). I also had to do a background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Deli Associate Interview

Deli Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jewel-Osco.

Interview Details – I just applied online. A week or 2 later they called me in for an interview. The interview was very easy just asking about a few things off my resume and then a few situational customer service questions. One question was how would you rate your service on a 1-10 scale and why? Starting wage is minimum wage.

Interview Question – All easy questions.   Answer Question

Service Clerk Interview

Service Clerk

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Jewel-Osco.

Interview Details – My interview was quite easy and basically they were looking for a body to fill the position. I was hired immediately. I was quite surprised that I was only really asked about my availability and if I wanted the job.

Negotiation Details – Pretty much just got minimum wage

Liquor Clerk Interview

Liquor Clerk
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Jewel-Osco in December 2010.

Interview Details – I came into the store and asked an associate about how to apply. I was directed to a computer that required an online test of personality type questions. It took forever. It wasn't fun. Frankly, the questions had nothing to do with my job and tasks. I was contacted soon after for an interview. The interview was simple. Mainly asked about former jobs and issues I had in dealing with coworkers and management, if applicable. Was provisionally approved, pending a successfully passed drug test (which was off-site and fairly invasive).

Interview Question – Nothing at all. Was rather simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Grocery Clerk Interview

Grocery Clerk
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Jewel-Osco.

Interview Details – I filled application out in the morning and got a call back that same afternoon. They would call in around 5 people and interview one by one. Ask questions about personality, hobbies, how you would contribute to the company.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty easy.   Answer Question

Front End Service Clerk Interview

Front End Service Clerk
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Jewel-Osco in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online call next day
She sat me down and asked questions about customer service and situational questions

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw a customer who was looking for so,etching but you didn't know where to find it.   View Answer

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Store Manager Trainee
Itasca, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Jewel-Osco in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted very well, they asked a few questions about dealing with difficult circumstances but nothing out of the ordinary.

Negotiation Details – I requested substantially more than they originally offered, they didn't meet my request but offer more than they did originally.

Worked for Jewel-Osco? Contribute to the Community!