Jewelry Television

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Production Tech Interview

Knoxville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Jewelry Television in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interview before a panel of people, followed by a tour.

Interview Question – Wants to see how you handled a mistake at your last job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated an optimum salary, they want ultra experienced people and are willing to pay.

Very Easy Interview

Imager Interview

Knoxville, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jewelry Television in February 2009.

Interview Details – I got an email from my college placement program about the job, sent a quick résumé to hiring person and after a week or two had an interview with dept manager. Very simple 5 minute question process, mainly talked about mutual friends and was asked once about photoshop. The tour of the building took up most of the time. Days after, I took a color test. I was later informed that I was second on the list behind a girl who worked there before and "didn't have to go through orientation again". I was called a month later offering me the job.

Interview Question – "Do you use levels or curves in Photoshop?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Be aware the beginning compensation is very low, raises and opportunities to advance are non existent

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Jewelry Television

Interview Details – Thorough interview process; two phone screens followed by most of full day on-site with multiple interviews and some facility tour, et cet. Light answers will be probed with follow up questions requesting more details. Employees enjoy their company culture and involved, approachable management; they will talk about their current technologies, architecture, projects and plans if you ask questions.

Interview Question – What is the biggest technical compromise you ever had to make or undesired shortcut you have been forced to take?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They make a good offer with their first offer; add-ons like relocation details can be negotiated but the salary is going to be competitive from the beginning, especially if you went through a recruiter.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

At Home Call Center Agent Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jewelry Television.

Interview Details – Interview was brief, I was sent for a drug screen which I passed. Oddly the section where I could fill out for prescription Rx was overlooked. Although I am not on any Rx meds I thought this was unusual. I was given a test, but given the wrong program to look for the answers. There was supposed to be a schedule for at home agent training with the paperwork I was given, but there was not. I was hired immediately and was told that if I knew anyone who was looking for "supplementary" income to tell them about this opportunity with JTV.

Interview Question – The question I was asked and told to look in the wrong program.   View Answer

Web Developer Interview

Knoxville, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Jewelry Television in March 2012.

Interview Details – it was rough and enlightening

Interview Question – tell a joke   Answer Question

Employee Interview

Knoxville, TN

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Jewelry Television in October 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for a job that was posted at several online sources. I received a phone call and was asked if I was still interested in the position> I stated that I was and set-up an interview. I met with several supervisors and they explained the job duties and requirements in great detail.

Interview Question – What have you seen or heard that you don't think you'll like about Jewelry Television?   Answer Question

Customer Care Interview

Knoxville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Jewelry Television.

Interview Details – quick less than 30 mins per HR reps (2 in fact) and then a 15 min sit with scheduling and another agent to listen to some calls

Interview Question – why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy. they tell you what you will make and when you will start. The American Dream!

Phone Sales Representative Interview

Phone Sales Representative
Knoxville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Jewelry Television in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process to become a Phone Sales Representative was very simple. I received a call that I was to be interviewed two weeks prior to my interview. I was greeted at the front door by an HR employee who was very friendly and lead me right where I needed to go while starting a bit of idle chit chat. I had a couple papers to fill out while I waited to be interviewed with a few other potential employees. The actual interview felt a little rushed, but I was comfortable with who was interviewing me. He had a bit of conversation with me to break the ice and explained some of the basic workplace features. Then interview was very standard and straightforward with no tricks or odd questions. After we spoke he left me in the room alone for about 10 minutes and when he returned he told me I was hired. This was surprising because I expected they would call me back at a later day to let me know. I was lead out to another room where we filled out all the required paper work and I was given information for a free drug screening. Everything was very quick and smooth, if not a bit rushed.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question (though it should have been expected) was when I was asked to sell something in the room. It could be any item, I just had to look at it and attempt to sell it to the interviewer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was very straightforward. There was really nothing to do on my part other than fill out paperwork. I would suggest asking as many questions as you can during this phase, just so you have a good grip of the job you're coming in to.

Customer Service Interview

Knoxville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Jewelry Television in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was called and they scheduled me an in person interview. When I arrived, there were about 25 other people there and we were taken in one by one. They asked average questions and then I was told to pick anything I wanted and I had to sell it to the interviewer. I did well and they sent me to the call center to do scheduling.

Interview Questions

Shipping Agent Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jewelry Television in May 2010.

Interview Details – My interview was a long time ago but it was very in depth and I was eventually sent to the shipping department. I thought I was going to be hired for the call center but I didn't do very well memorizing thier script for answering calls. It was a very awkward process.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Jewelry Television? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jewelry Television interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Jewelry Television employees and interview candidates.