Jewelry Television Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015
Updated Mar 4, 2015

2.4

Phone Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jewelry Television (Knoxville, TN) in September 2014.

Interview

Followed a link from Craigslist.com to www.Jewelrytv.com/careers. Answered a few questions, uploaded my resume and then came across a new application procedure for the first time in 20+ years of applying for jobs. JTV required a recorded voice response to several questions over the phone. While I'm not sure whether the hiring managers actually listen to these recordings after overhearing peers within my training class, it's a useful tool if used properly. I am doubtful that hiring managers actually listen to applicants' responses due to the fact that I was contacted via email within minutes of concluding the voice response and online applications. I received a personal call from the person (whom was the same I actually met in person for an interview) within minutes of concluding my application and was offered an interview. I arrived and sat in a very small lobby and waited only minutes before I was greeted warmly and asked to follow her into an empty conference room. The hiring manager verbally skimmed through responses to my online application and had my resume printed out in front of her. At that point though, she picked up on the briefest of employment tenure due to her personal family involvement. She agreed that I possessed the skills necessary to benefit both myself and the company. I was then offered a job on the spot. To some that may be the best outcome, but I was skeptical as I've never been offered an on the spot offer. Due to the economy, I accepted and then I was required to fill out a plethora of forms. In addition, I was required to immediately provide my availability (specific shift, days, and times) and then mandated to submit to an offsite, drug test that would expire within a five hour window. While I am drug free, it all felt quite rushed.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the briefest employment tenure (3 months) amidst a resume of over 20+ years in sales.   1 Answer

Negotiation

JTV does not negotiate hourly pay rate for sales agents.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Thorough interview process; two phone screens followed by most of full day on-site with multiple interviews and some facility tour, et cet. Light answers will be probed with follow up questions requesting more details. Employees enjoy their company culture and involved, approachable management; they will talk about their current technologies, architecture, projects and plans if you ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest technical compromise you ever had to make or undesired shortcut you have been forced to take?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They make a good offer with their first offer; add-ons like relocation details can be negotiated but the salary is going to be competitive from the beginning, especially if you went through a recruiter.

At Home Call Center Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jewelry Television.

Interview

Interview was brief, I was sent for a drug screen which I passed. Oddly the section where I could fill out for prescription Rx was overlooked. Although I am not on any Rx meds I thought this was unusual. I was given a test, but given the wrong program to look for the answers. There was supposed to be a schedule for at home agent training with the paperwork I was given, but there was not. I was hired immediately and was told that if I knew anyone who was looking for "supplementary" income to tell them about this opportunity with JTV.

Interview Questions

• The question I was asked and told to look in the wrong program.   1 Answer

Phone Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jewelry Television (Knoxville, TN) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview was fairly simple. My interviewer ended up being my supervisor. She was so sweet and caring. I loved being on her team. She asked me in the interview to sell her any item in the room. I chose hand sanitizer because she sneezed. I was offered the job at the end. Wages are not negotiable.

Interview Questions

• To sell them any item in the room.   1 Answer

Customer Care Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jewelry Television (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

quick less than 30 mins per HR reps (2 in fact) and then a 15 min sit with scheduling and another agent to listen to some calls

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy. they tell you what you will make and when you will start. The American Dream!

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jewelry Television (Knoxville, TN) in March 2012.

Interview

it was rough and enlightening

Phone Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Jewelry Television (Knoxville, TN) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process to become a Phone Sales Representative was very simple. I received a call that I was to be interviewed two weeks prior to my interview. I was greeted at the front door by an HR employee who was very friendly and lead me right where I needed to go while starting a bit of idle chit chat. I had a couple papers to fill out while I waited to be interviewed with a few other potential employees. The actual interview felt a little rushed, but I was comfortable with who was interviewing me. He had a bit of conversation with me to break the ice and explained some of the basic workplace features. Then interview was very standard and straightforward with no tricks or odd questions. After we spoke he left me in the room alone for about 10 minutes and when he returned he told me I was hired. This was surprising because I expected they would call me back at a later day to let me know. I was lead out to another room where we filled out all the required paper work and I was given information for a free drug screening. Everything was very quick and smooth, if not a bit rushed.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question (though it should have been expected) was when I was asked to sell something in the room. It could be any item, I just had to look at it and attempt to sell it to the interviewer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very straightforward. There was really nothing to do on my part other than fill out paperwork. I would suggest asking as many questions as you can during this phase, just so you have a good grip of the job you're coming in to.

Production Tech Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jewelry Television (Knoxville, TN) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview before a panel of people, followed by a tour.

Interview Questions

• Wants to see how you handled a mistake at your last job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated an optimum salary, they want ultra experienced people and are willing to pay.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jewelry Television (Knoxville, TN) in October 2010.

Interview

I was called and they scheduled me an in person interview. When I arrived, there were about 25 other people there and we were taken in one by one. They asked average questions and then I was told to pick anything I wanted and I had to sell it to the interviewer. I did well and they sent me to the call center to do scheduling.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?   1 Answer
    • Sell me something in this room.   1 Answer

Employee Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Jewelry Television (Knoxville, TN) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied for a job that was posted at several online sources. I received a phone call and was asked if I was still interested in the position> I stated that I was and set-up an interview. I met with several supervisors and they explained the job duties and requirements in great detail.

Interview Questions

• What have you seen or heard that you don't think you'll like about Jewelry Television?   Answer Question