Jewish Board of Family and Childrens Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Caregiver Interview

Caregiver
Bronx, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Jewish Board of Family and Childrens Services.

Interview Details – This was easy, wasn't too much pressure. I was given an interview in a small office with the direct manager of the job site that i was at. His name was George McCray, a great guy, seemed very intelligent and low key, he did a lot of observing with my responses and played close attention to my every word. He explained how serious it was when you working with kids and wanted to make sure i knew that before giving me a shot at the job.

Interview Question – Most questions was judgmental, asking possible incidents/crisis that could happen and what would be my response. These are questions only you should answer by being honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – He told me starting pay is at (blank) and also said is that okay. i responded back saying yes

Vocational Specialist/Case Associate Interview

Vocational Specialist/Case Associate
Bronx, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Jewish Board of Family and Childrens Services in July 2011.

Interview Details – it is a mutual process, which is helpful for the staff, clients, and the individual who could potential work in such an exposed enviornment. There is a one-on-one interview with the director, a second interview with your prospective supervisor, and a third interview: parts a & b, clients and staff, respectively.

Interview Question – be ready for anything   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nonexistent

Accountant Interview

Accountant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Jewish Board of Family and Childrens Services in March 2011.

Interview Details – I had a one on one interview with the person I would be working directly under. The interview was very laid back and I got the feeling the interviewer had not done a lot of interviews in the past. The were very friendly and asked the typical (expected) questions.

Worked for Jewish Board of Family and Childrens Services? Contribute to the Community!