Jewish Community Center Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Personal Trainer/Nutritional Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Creve Coeur, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Creve Coeur, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jewish Community Center.

I found the ad in the stl post-dispatch seeking a certified personal trainer at the Jewish Community Center. I first met with the head fitness manager who was cordial and both explained and showed me the facilities and what they were looking for in the position they sought to fill.He was great at answering and clarifying my questions and getting a feel for me, my personality, and allowing the experience to be not a strict interview but for both myself and he to ask key questions relating to the job. I had a follow up actual interview with the head of the personal trainers. He was down to earth, funny, yet asked the questions he would have to know to consider me as a viable candidate. He, too, was very good at listening and taking the time to answer my questions. After that, he discussed my candidacy for the job with the first individual I met, the head fitness manager, as well as the head aerobics instructor coordinator. Then he came back and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • This was more funny than difficult but the head personal trainer manager said very seriously we have a strict appearance code, no earrrings, tatoos, or looking like Mr T. I thought he was serious and then he laughed just saying don't come in looking like mike tyson.   View Answer
    I was offered $23 per 1 hour session an $28 per session with two clients. I had no need to negotiate it was good pay.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jewish Community Center in July 2013.

Called me after I applied through an email from my college career center, spoke briefly then offered an interview in the office, took a brief tour looked over the company values and what they expect and then they offered the job. Asked maybe 1 or 2 informal interview questions, very laid back and easy.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself...(like I said, they didn't really ask any interview questions)   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Gatos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Jewish Community Center in April 2013.

Applied for the job by turning an application at the front desk, I then went through two phone interviews, and finally am in person interview with the director of the program. The whole process took around a month and a half

JCC Welcome Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Jewish Community Center in August 2012.

Had one interview that lasted as long as the interviewer wanted it to. We chatted for about an hour talking about the job, our hobbies and personal lives. People are very easy to get along with and are helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Do you see yourself going back to school and what is your next career move? As well as in the future?   View Answer

Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Jewish Community Center in August 2012.

I initially contacted the JCC looking for any available position and they told me they had possible openings for an Early Childhood teacher. I had to vigorously follow up over the course of two months to get a definitive answer; they finally told me yes they did and asked me to come in for an interview. Before the interview, I was taken into several classrooms of varying aged kids and had to interact (and was observed). Then I went into the Education Director's office and the interview started.

Interview Questions
    • How would you calm a new mother who has to leave her child for the first time?   View Answer
    The negotiation was a little rough, as my employer wanted to pay me a low salary due to not being 'formally educated' in Early Childhood Education during college, despite my dual degree. I negotiated my salary a bit higher before accepting the position.

Sports and Recreation Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Getzville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Getzville, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Jewish Community Center in September 2012.

Got in, waited for a few minutes and was brought in by two ladies. We sat down, they interviewed me and then I went on a brief tour of the facility.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what I would bring to the table that the last person did not.   View Answer

Member Services Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Scotch Plains, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Scotch Plains, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Jewish Community Center in January 2012.

Was chided for arriving a respectable 20 minutes early, even though front desk was made aware that appt was at 1pm & did not expect to be seen sooner than appt time. The interviewer was hostile from the get go & made it seem like I was an annoyance. She cut me off while I was answering questions, made inappropriate comments about my education and made me feel like crap in general. An interview is normally an information gathering session where both parties bring out the best in one another. This was not the case! Ironically, their internal recruiter advised me during the phone interview that this is 'a warm & welcoming environment.' Tough questions are expected, but an interrogation is never appropriate unless you are dealing w/ a criminal suspect. Stay away from this place.

Interview Questions
    • You didn't finish college, is that what your resume is telling me?   View Answer
    • All you've been doing while you're unemployed is volunteering & job hunting?   View Answer

Senior Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Jolla, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Jewish Community Center in May 2008.

I submitted an application. Heard from them about 2 weeks later asking me to set up a time to have an interview in person. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. Questions about my personality and what I would do in certain situations if they came up. Was called back about a week later and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • If a backpack was spotted in a building with no one around it, what should you do?   View Answer
    No negotiating.

Lifeguard/Swim Instructor Interview

Very little interview. I was asked very few questions and only basic questions. If you show up on time then you are basically hired. Great if it's your first job. Don't need prior experience.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. Flat fee for starting employees

Worked for Jewish Community Center? Contribute to the Community!