Jewish Community Center

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.4

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jewish Community Center (Baltimore, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was very much a series of questions --- How would you handle certain situations ? It also included a brief overview of all the responsibilities and what would be expected of the many that were included. There were 2 people asking the questions as well as explaining the responsibilities.

Personal Trainer/Nutritional Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Creve Coeur, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jewish Community Center (Creve Coeur, MO).

Interview

I found the ad in the stl post-dispatch seeking a certified personal trainer at the Jewish Community Center. I first met with the head fitness manager who was cordial and both explained and showed me the facilities and what they were looking for in the position they sought to fill.He was great at answering and clarifying my questions and getting a feel for me, my personality, and allowing the experience to be not a strict interview but for both myself and he to ask key questions relating to the job. I had a follow up actual interview with the head of the personal trainers. He was down to earth, funny, yet asked the questions he would have to know to consider me as a viable candidate. He, too, was very good at listening and taking the time to answer my questions. After that, he discussed my candidacy for the job with the first individual I met, the head fitness manager, as well as the head aerobics instructor coordinator. Then he came back and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• This was more funny than difficult but the head personal trainer manager said very seriously we have a strict appearance code, no earrrings, tatoos, or looking like Mr T. I thought he was serious and then he laughed just saying don't come in looking like mike tyson.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered $23 per 1 hour session an $28 per session with two clients. I had no need to negotiate it was good pay.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jewish Community Center (Albany, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Called me after I applied through an email from my college career center, spoke briefly then offered an interview in the office, took a brief tour looked over the company values and what they expect and then they offered the job. Asked maybe 1 or 2 informal interview questions, very laid back and easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself...(like I said, they didn't really ask any interview questions)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jewish Community Center (Los Gatos, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied for the job by turning an application at the front desk, I then went through two phone interviews, and finally am in person interview with the director of the program. The whole process took around a month and a half

Sports and Recreation Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Getzville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jewish Community Center (Getzville, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Got in, waited for a few minutes and was brought in by two ladies. We sat down, they interviewed me and then I went on a brief tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I would bring to the table that the last person did not.   1 Answer

JCC Welcome Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jewish Community Center (New Orleans, LA) in August 2012.

Interview

Had one interview that lasted as long as the interviewer wanted it to. We chatted for about an hour talking about the job, our hobbies and personal lives. People are very easy to get along with and are helpful.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself going back to school and what is your next career move? As well as in the future?   1 Answer

Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jewish Community Center (Denver, CO) in August 2012.

Interview

I initially contacted the JCC looking for any available position and they told me they had possible openings for an Early Childhood teacher. I had to vigorously follow up over the course of two months to get a definitive answer; they finally told me yes they did and asked me to come in for an interview. Before the interview, I was taken into several classrooms of varying aged kids and had to interact (and was observed). Then I went into the Education Director's office and the interview started.

Interview Questions

• How would you calm a new mother who has to leave her child for the first time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was a little rough, as my employer wanted to pay me a low salary due to not being 'formally educated' in Early Childhood Education during college, despite my dual degree. I negotiated my salary a bit higher before accepting the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jewish Community Center (Detroit, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone interview was given after I applied by someone referring me. They asked me a series of questions basically about what you would do in certain situations, and what kind of camp you would be most comfortable in, if you had any sports or arts and crafts experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest fear?   1 Answer

Member Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scotch Plains, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jewish Community Center (Scotch Plains, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

Was chided for arriving a respectable 20 minutes early, even though front desk was made aware that appt was at 1pm & did not expect to be seen sooner than appt time. The interviewer was hostile from the get go & made it seem like I was an annoyance. She cut me off while I was answering questions, made inappropriate comments about my education and made me feel like crap in general. An interview is normally an information gathering session where both parties bring out the best in one another. This was not the case! Ironically, their internal recruiter advised me during the phone interview that this is 'a warm & welcoming environment.' Tough questions are expected, but an interrogation is never appropriate unless you are dealing w/ a criminal suspect. Stay away from this place.

Interview Questions

• You didn't finish college, is that what your resume is telling me?   1 Answer
    • All you've been doing while you're unemployed is volunteering & job hunting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jewish Community Center (Bridgewater, NJ) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very easy, knew the interviewer previously. Asked a couple of easy questions and situational questions and I was hired on the spot. It was easy and nothing really to worry about.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you lost camper?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation