Jewish Community Center

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Albany, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jewish Community Center in July 2013.

Interview Details – Called me after I applied through an email from my college career center, spoke briefly then offered an interview in the office, took a brief tour looked over the company values and what they expect and then they offered the job. Asked maybe 1 or 2 informal interview questions, very laid back and easy.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself...(like I said, they didn't really ask any interview questions)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Camp Counselor Interview

Camp Counselor
Los Gatos, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Jewish Community Center in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for the job by turning an application at the front desk, I then went through two phone interviews, and finally am in person interview with the director of the program. The whole process took around a month and a half

Interview Question – It was pretty standard   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

JCC Welcome Desk Receptionist Interview

JCC Welcome Desk Receptionist
New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Jewish Community Center in August 2012.

Interview Details – Had one interview that lasted as long as the interviewer wanted it to. We chatted for about an hour talking about the job, our hobbies and personal lives. People are very easy to get along with and are helpful.

Interview Question – Do you see yourself going back to school and what is your next career move? As well as in the future?   View Answer

Preschool Teacher Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Jewish Community Center in August 2012.

Interview Details – I initially contacted the JCC looking for any available position and they told me they had possible openings for an Early Childhood teacher. I had to vigorously follow up over the course of two months to get a definitive answer; they finally told me yes they did and asked me to come in for an interview. Before the interview, I was taken into several classrooms of varying aged kids and had to interact (and was observed). Then I went into the Education Director's office and the interview started.

Interview Question – How would you calm a new mother who has to leave her child for the first time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was a little rough, as my employer wanted to pay me a low salary due to not being 'formally educated' in Early Childhood Education during college, despite my dual degree. I negotiated my salary a bit higher before accepting the position.

Sports and Recreation Director Interview

Getzville, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Jewish Community Center in September 2012.

Interview Details – Got in, waited for a few minutes and was brought in by two ladies. We sat down, they interviewed me and then I went on a brief tour of the facility.

Interview Question – They asked me what I would bring to the table that the last person did not.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Member Services Interview

Scotch Plains, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Jewish Community Center in January 2012.

Interview Details – Was chided for arriving a respectable 20 minutes early, even though front desk was made aware that appt was at 1pm & did not expect to be seen sooner than appt time. The interviewer was hostile from the get go & made it seem like I was an annoyance. She cut me off while I was answering questions, made inappropriate comments about my education and made me feel like crap in general. An interview is normally an information gathering session where both parties bring out the best in one another. This was not the case! Ironically, their internal recruiter advised me during the phone interview that this is 'a warm & welcoming environment.' Tough questions are expected, but an interrogation is never appropriate unless you are dealing w/ a criminal suspect. Stay away from this place.

Interview Questions

• You didn't finish college, is that what your resume is telling me?   View Answer
  • All you've been doing while you're unemployed is volunteering & job hunting?   View Answer

Senior Camp Counselor Interview

La Jolla, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Jewish Community Center in May 2008.

Interview Details – I submitted an application. Heard from them about 2 weeks later asking me to set up a time to have an interview in person. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. Questions about my personality and what I would do in certain situations if they came up. Was called back about a week later and offered the job.

Interview Question – If a backpack was spotted in a building with no one around it, what should you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Lifeguard/Swim Instructor Interview

Interviewed at Jewish Community Center

Interview Details – Very little interview. I was asked very few questions and only basic questions. If you show up on time then you are basically hired. Great if it's your first job. Don't need prior experience.

Interview Question – None. They were all predictable   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. Flat fee for starting employees

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Jewish Community Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jewish Community Center interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Jewish Community Center employees and interview candidates.