Jibe

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Java Engineer Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Jibe in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had a chance to be interviewed by Jibe in NYC. The entire interview process took around 4 days. After submitting application, recruiting manager contacted me for the purpose of establishing contact and getting clue if I am still considering the job application.

The interview started with a technical phone screen, consisted of 15 questions (intermediate to advanced) lead HR (the recruiter was actually technical). That was followed by phone interview lasted around 45 mins. Interviewers were quite polite, supportive and friendly asking good questions on Java syntax, collections, threads, and web services. They made me feeling very comfortable answering each question, so I had no issues related.

In a day after that, recruiting manager contacted me again to schedule 1:1 interview. The 1:1 interview consisted of Java, JavaScript, JSP, SQL and Web-related question sections summing up to overall 30-35 questions (3 interviewers in 1.5 hours). It is a very good way of assessing candidates on technical ability to deliver the working code without using IDE or syntax assistants. So, the questions were practical requiring writing real code and knowing specifics on method signatures and return types. It covered collections and threading in Java as well as SQL and Entity Relationships in databases.

After that, I should have been participated in Cultural Assessment interview, but, since I made some mistakes and did not solve any problems in JSP section I did not pass 1:1 interview. So, I have not proposed an offer. Recruiting Manager contacted me 2 days after 1:1 interview and politely explained me the intentions and assessment measurements taken by development team to make decision on my profile. That was really good sign for the company having hundreds of applicants on a monthly basis and spending their time for each new applicant. So, Jibe got really good internal corporate culture.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were more or less reasonable and logically sequential. There were no surprises or out of topic discussions, so if you are applying for Java software engineer position, prepare for Java related questions!!!   Answer Question