Jiffy Lube Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

1.9

Manager Interview

The interview process was a different experience. An appointment was set up to have an interview at a specific time and the interviewer was 30 minutes late. When they called they were asking if they could setup a time to interview, which was confusing because they called at the time they set up for the interview in the first place. Overall the interview was a decent experience, although, they said they wanted to move forward to the next step and have a final interview within a day or two and contact from them never happened.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to us how you would integrate training, and increased sales performance while staying operationally sound.   Answer Question

Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Jiffy Lube.

You fill out an application online, if they're interested the man in charge of hiring in your area calls you and gives sort of a phone interview and sets up an interview at the store location with the manager, if you're hired you go to orientation and start in the shop within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really too over the top, if you have common sense and a willingness to learn they're willing to take you in.   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manassas, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in May 2014.

i applied in person and the manager asked me to watch 1 hour company profile video. Then i was tested and passed.i applied in person and the manager asked me to watch 1 hour company profile video. Then i was tested and passed. it was very easy. He asked me whether i have automotive experience.

i didn't like the offer because the manager asked me to take 4 days training 40 miles away from my home before starting the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Summerville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summerville, SC

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in January 2014.

Applied online and was interviewed in person. Was asked "tell me about yourself" as only question. The rest of the "interview" was chit-chat about job expectations and such. Very simple and nothing intense or in-depth. Also, you must pass a drug screen and background test to have the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Monroeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in November 2013.

I applied online 2 weeks ago and was called back a few days ago to set up an interview for a lube tech position. Upon walking in and letting the gentleman at the counter know I was there for an interview, I was told that the hiring manager is usually late and was not at the store. This was a huge red flag. The gentleman at the counter then printed out a copy of the application for me to fill out. I returned it to him and waited for over 30 minutes for the hiring manager to show up or contact me regarding him being late. He made no outreach to notify me or his staff that he would be late, or when he would even show up. Finally I gave up and left because this whole experience was extremely unprofessional, aside from the gentleman at the counter.

Interview Questions
    • I'm surprised the interviewer never showed up to the store or notified me or the store that he would be late or when he would arrive.   View Answer

Lube Tech Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in September 2013.

They asked me if i knew how to pull a drain plug and add oil, I said yes. Then they asked me to sell a pen, and I got the job

Interview Questions
    They just hired me on at 8.50. trying to make it sound like that was a big raise from min. wage

Lube Tech Interview

I came to Jiffy Lube for an oil change when I was 16, very soon after I got my license. I saw that a friend was working there, and he informed me that they were hiring. i was interested, so i filled out an application and a good word was put in for me. i was called a couple days later with a request to come in for the "interview". it was very short; i guess they just wanted to get acquainted with me before actually hiring me. After, i filled out some new hire paperwork, then i was assigned a date to attend an 8 hr computer training session. i have worked at the shop ever since throughout college. i learned quite a bit at this job, considering i had no prior automotive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roy, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roy, UT

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in March 2013.

Applied online, got a call the next day for a same day interview. The GM asked me very basic questions and hired me on the spot. Had to go to a orientation 2 days later. Easy stuff

M I T Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in January 2013.

First interview was with the store manager who asked all the general interview questions and about my previous experience. Second interview was with the Regional manager who was real polite and made me feel comfortable. He told me I'd hate him at work but after work it was normal life. Everyone here knows how to separate work from life outside

Interview Questions
    Because of my leadership in the military I was placed in the MIT program

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Charles, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, MO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in October 2012.

Interview happened at a normal jiffy lube store that had a small office in the upstairs the interview was with about 10 other people and also 1:1 was fairly quick and got the job that day pretty much.

None

Worked for Jiffy Lube? Contribute to the Community!