Jiffy Lube Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Monroeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in November 2013.

I applied online 2 weeks ago and was called back a few days ago to set up an interview for a lube tech position. Upon walking in and letting the gentleman at the counter know I was there for an interview, I was told that the hiring manager is usually late and was not at the store. This was a huge red flag. The gentleman at the counter then printed out a copy of the application for me to fill out. I returned it to him and waited for over 30 minutes for the hiring manager to show up or contact me regarding him being late. He made no outreach to notify me or his staff that he would be late, or when he would even show up. Finally I gave up and left because this whole experience was extremely unprofessional, aside from the gentleman at the counter.

Interview Questions
    • I'm surprised the interviewer never showed up to the store or notified me or the store that he would be late or when he would arrive.   View Answer

M I T Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in January 2013.

First interview was with the store manager who asked all the general interview questions and about my previous experience. Second interview was with the Regional manager who was real polite and made me feel comfortable. He told me I'd hate him at work but after work it was normal life. Everyone here knows how to separate work from life outside

Interview Questions
    Because of my leadership in the military I was placed in the MIT program

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Charles, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, MO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in October 2012.

Interview happened at a normal jiffy lube store that had a small office in the upstairs the interview was with about 10 other people and also 1:1 was fairly quick and got the job that day pretty much.

None

Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Jiffy Lube.

You fill out an application online, if they're interested the man in charge of hiring in your area calls you and gives sort of a phone interview and sets up an interview at the store location with the manager, if you're hired you go to orientation and start in the shop within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really too over the top, if you have common sense and a willingness to learn they're willing to take you in.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in April 2010.

showed up answered questions,told pay,not happy about it but needed a job

Interview Questions
    was told not asked about salary.

Fast Track Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

The process took a day - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in March 2010.

Simple. Laid back. DM was real nice to talk to. You have to talk to the DM if wanting a store mgmt job or the "fast track manager" job for which they offer.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you better than the last canidate I just interviewed just prior to you an hour ago????   View Answer
    Negotiatian phase was bs. My first interview was great. I had to take a pee test/wait for results and then hired. Last thing to do was to go back to meet DM to initial the offer of salary. Why was it bs, because when I went back to initial my paper for which was the offer....the offer had changed......Be careful because I have heard from other new membes it happened to them as well from different DM's in the same market.

Courtesy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in February 2011.

I applied online and was called to come in for a 1:1 interview. The interview consisted of the usual general questions for an entry level position, and was followed by interview with store manager at his store. They were interested in my ability to work as a part of a team.

Non-negotiable

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in February 2012.

Really not sure what they were looking for. I answered all of his questions precisely I think the man was a little intimidated by me and not saying that to be arrogant either. Basically met with general manager and we sat down he asked a few questions I answered some being what is the meaning of success? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What is your dream Job? etc..

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Conroe, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in July 2012.

Walk in, asked for application, was asked about my experience. Given all documentation needed for pre hiring and hiring. filled out brought back docs. and took drug test. waited about a week calling and going in face to face throughout that week, then got a call to start work.

Short, i got an extra .50 cents and leniency on days in the beginning.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Jiffy Lube.

It's okay. You have your driving record, criminal background, and drug tests to complete.

Interview Questions

Worked for Jiffy Lube? Contribute to the Community!