Jiffy Lube

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

1.8

Lube Tech Interview

I came to Jiffy Lube for an oil change when I was 16, very soon after I got my license. I saw that a friend was working there, and he informed me that they were hiring. i was interested, so i filled out an application and a good word was put in for me. i was called a couple days later with a request to come in for the "interview". it was very short; i guess they just wanted to get acquainted with me before actually hiring me. After, i filled out some new hire paperwork, then i was assigned a date to attend an 8 hr computer training session. i have worked at the shop ever since throughout college. i learned quite a bit at this job, considering i had no prior automotive experience.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jiffy Lube in January 2009.

Interviewed with RVP who is no longer with the company. Interviewed with DVP who is no longer with company. Was given offer 3 weeks after interview and BGC.

Interview Questions
    Initial offer and I made counter offer with additional week vacation that was accepted.

Lube Tech Interview

The hiring process was very easy. There actually was not an interview, they just called me and said I got the job based on my snagajob application online. They called me into the shop and immediately got me started on the orientation process, along with the drug testing and background checks.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was which position I'm most comfortable with because I have had never had such a job before.   Answer Question
    There was not much of a negotiation, the wage was set at $8.00

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jiffy Lube.

Very short interview. I first went in to talk to the store manager, he later set up an interview with the district manager. It lasted less than half an hour! They needed a warm body to run the store. That is no way to hire a store manager of a million dollar store.

Interview Questions
    10 minutes of negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jiffy Lube in October 2014.

Applied online, and hired in first interview. They responded by email within one week. I logged into a system called people matter and I was constantly informed through people matter.

Interview Questions
    None I accepted the first offer.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jiffy Lube in May 2014.

i applied in person and the manager asked me to watch 1 hour company profile video. Then i was tested and passed.i applied in person and the manager asked me to watch 1 hour company profile video. Then i was tested and passed. it was very easy. He asked me whether i have automotive experience.

i didn't like the offer because the manager asked me to take 4 days training 40 miles away from my home before starting the job.

Lube Tech Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jiffy Lube in September 2013.

They asked me if i knew how to pull a drain plug and add oil, I said yes. Then they asked me to sell a pen, and I got the job

Interview Questions
    They just hired me on at 8.50. trying to make it sound like that was a big raise from min. wage

Guest Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jiffy Lube in August 2012.

The hiring process was pretty easy. There was a group interview and a final private interview in the same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jiffy Lube in February 2012.

Short
    pointless
    lies

None, you can smoke weed and no drug test unless you fall

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summerville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summerville, SC

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Jiffy Lube in January 2014.

Applied online and was interviewed in person. Was asked "tell me about yourself" as only question. The rest of the "interview" was chit-chat about job expectations and such. Very simple and nothing intense or in-depth. Also, you must pass a drug screen and background test to have the job.