Jiffy Lube Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2015

1.8

Courtesy Tech Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jiffy Lube.

Interview

it was a one on one with the manager the place was very clean the other employees were very helpful the customer service seemed satisfactory they had certain employees to perform certain tasks ran very effeciently

Interview Questions

• do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years doing the same thing?   1 Answer

Lube Tech Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jiffy Lube in December 2014.

Interview

Got contacted thru using peoplematter.com. had two interviews, one with a store mgr. and second with the Operations mgr, both are basically there to see if you are compatible woth the work and staff. After that, they had me do a drug test. Easy peasy.

Interview Questions

• Do u mind working in extreme hot or cold, can u wear protection gear, and so on.   Answer Question

I thought thw pat was inadequate.

Lube Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jiffy Lube in March 2013.

Interview

Put in an application online on snagajob, couple w eeks later got a call from a store manager asking me to come in for an interview. At another store, I agreed of course needing a job. Drove 30 minutes out to the shop to complete the application process and then do my interview. Filled out the rest of the application stuff and I was called back into the back into a small office where I had my interview with Ricky Smith the district manager. He asked me if I had a license how old I was and if I had a car, yes yes yes and got the job. put me at a store 20 minutes from my house, instead of the one 2 minutes from me, but it's whatever.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at jiffy lube?   1 Answer

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jiffy Lube.

Interview

Apply Online - Get called into the store for an in-person interview. Then you get shipped off for your background check and then a drug screening. All happens within two days and then you get a call back

Interview Questions

• Manager really didn't ask questions. Just said what I had to do.   Answer Question

Lube Tech Interview

Interview

The hiring process was very easy. There actually was not an interview, they just called me and said I got the job based on my snagajob application online. They called me into the shop and immediately got me started on the orientation process, along with the drug testing and background checks.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was which position I'm most comfortable with because I have had never had such a job before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much of a negotiation, the wage was set at $8.00

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jiffy Lube (Independence, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, and hired in first interview. They responded by email within one week. I logged into a system called people matter and I was constantly informed through people matter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None I accepted the first offer.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jiffy Lube (Flagstaff, AZ).

Interview

Very short interview. I first went in to talk to the store manager, he later set up an interview with the district manager. It lasted less than half an hour! They needed a warm body to run the store. That is no way to hire a store manager of a million dollar store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

10 minutes of negotiation.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Jiffy Lube (Sacramento, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Face to face interview, background questions were asked and knowledge of auto maintenance. I was asked my availability then sent for a drug test which took about an hour.

Negotiation

long. It took an hour I was not happy with the pay offered, but they knew I was desperate.

Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was a different experience. An appointment was set up to have an interview at a specific time and the interviewer was 30 minutes late. When they called they were asking if they could setup a time to interview, which was confusing because they called at the time they set up for the interview in the first place. Overall the interview was a decent experience, although, they said they wanted to move forward to the next step and have a final interview within a day or two and contact from them never happened.

Interview Questions

• Explain to us how you would integrate training, and increased sales performance while staying operationally sound.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summerville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Jiffy Lube (Summerville, SC) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was interviewed in person. Was asked "tell me about yourself" as only question. The rest of the "interview" was chit-chat about job expectations and such. Very simple and nothing intense or in-depth. Also, you must pass a drug screen and background test to have the job.