Jiffy Lube Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Monroeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in November 2013.

I applied online 2 weeks ago and was called back a few days ago to set up an interview for a lube tech position. Upon walking in and letting the gentleman at the counter know I was there for an interview, I was told that the hiring manager is usually late and was not at the store. This was a huge red flag. The gentleman at the counter then printed out a copy of the application for me to fill out. I returned it to him and waited for over 30 minutes for the hiring manager to show up or contact me regarding him being late. He made no outreach to notify me or his staff that he would be late, or when he would even show up. Finally I gave up and left because this whole experience was extremely unprofessional, aside from the gentleman at the counter.

Interview Questions
    • I'm surprised the interviewer never showed up to the store or notified me or the store that he would be late or when he would arrive.   View Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in January 2009.

Interviewed with RVP who is no longer with the company. Interviewed with DVP who is no longer with company. Was given offer 3 weeks after interview and BGC.

Interview Questions
    Initial offer and I made counter offer with additional week vacation that was accepted.

Stroe Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Flagstaff, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Flagstaff, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in September 2012.

I was interviewed twice, both by upper management. I was offer the job right away. The interview was conducted in the run down office on premises.

Interview Questions
    • I found no questions difficult, it was an easy interview.   Answer Question
    They said " we would like to offer you a position."

Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in February 2009.

i was contacted for a phone interview, and then an in person interview, did well in both and went for drug testing and background check, i was hired within a week.
    however that was 7 years ago, now you can practically walk in high, and as long as you're breathing you have a job, new hires are typically on multiple kinds of drugs, and some don't have any technical ability!

i started at $9.50 per hour, most employees start at $8.00-$8.50 depending on managers mood. don't expect to get paid for your ability or work ethic, managers like to play favorites

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jefferson City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson City, MO

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in December 2009.

Knowing a great deal about automobiles is key

Simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in May 2012.

I was told to apply online. Submitted application and got hired that week. Group interview and orientation on site

No negotiation was a take it or leave it offer.

Lube Tech Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in June 2012.

The manager was so impressed by where I attended school that he hired me on the spot.

N/A. They never got back to me.

Lube Tech Interview

I came to Jiffy Lube for an oil change when I was 16, very soon after I got my license. I saw that a friend was working there, and he informed me that they were hiring. i was interested, so i filled out an application and a good word was put in for me. i was called a couple days later with a request to come in for the "interview". it was very short; i guess they just wanted to get acquainted with me before actually hiring me. After, i filled out some new hire paperwork, then i was assigned a date to attend an 8 hr computer training session. i have worked at the shop ever since throughout college. i learned quite a bit at this job, considering i had no prior automotive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Charles, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, MO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in October 2012.

Interview happened at a normal jiffy lube store that had a small office in the upstairs the interview was with about 10 other people and also 1:1 was fairly quick and got the job that day pretty much.

None

M I T Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in January 2013.

First interview was with the store manager who asked all the general interview questions and about my previous experience. Second interview was with the Regional manager who was real polite and made me feel comfortable. He told me I'd hate him at work but after work it was normal life. Everyone here knows how to separate work from life outside

Interview Questions
    Because of my leadership in the military I was placed in the MIT program