Jiffy Lube

Updated Jan 18, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jiffy Lube in November 2013.

I applied online 2 weeks ago and was called back a few days ago to set up an interview for a lube tech position. Upon walking in and letting the gentleman at the counter know I was there for an interview, I was told that the hiring manager is usually late and was not at the store. This was a huge red flag. The gentleman at the counter then printed out a copy of the application for me to fill out. I returned it to him and waited for over 30 minutes for the hiring manager to show up or contact me regarding him being late. He made no outreach to notify me or his staff that he would be late, or when he would even show up. Finally I gave up and left because this whole experience was extremely unprofessional, aside from the gentleman at the counter.

Interview Questions
    • I'm surprised the interviewer never showed up to the store or notified me or the store that he would be late or when he would arrive.   View Answer

Lube Tech Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jiffy Lube in September 2013.

They asked me if i knew how to pull a drain plug and add oil, I said yes. Then they asked me to sell a pen, and I got the job

Interview Questions
    They just hired me on at 8.50. trying to make it sound like that was a big raise from min. wage

Lube Tech Interview

I came to Jiffy Lube for an oil change when I was 16, very soon after I got my license. I saw that a friend was working there, and he informed me that they were hiring. i was interested, so i filled out an application and a good word was put in for me. i was called a couple days later with a request to come in for the "interview". it was very short; i guess they just wanted to get acquainted with me before actually hiring me. After, i filled out some new hire paperwork, then i was assigned a date to attend an 8 hr computer training session. i have worked at the shop ever since throughout college. i learned quite a bit at this job, considering i had no prior automotive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roy, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roy, UT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jiffy Lube in March 2013.

Applied online, got a call the next day for a same day interview. The GM asked me very basic questions and hired me on the spot. Had to go to a orientation 2 days later. Easy stuff

Lube Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jiffy Lube in March 2013.

Put in an application online on snagajob, couple w eeks later got a call from a store manager asking me to come in for an interview. At another store, I agreed of course needing a job. Drove 30 minutes out to the shop to complete the application process and then do my interview. Filled out the rest of the application stuff and I was called back into the back into a small office where I had my interview with Ricky Smith the district manager. He asked me if I had a license how old I was and if I had a car, yes yes yes and got the job. put me at a store 20 minutes from my house, instead of the one 2 minutes from me, but it's whatever.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at jiffy lube?   View Answer

M I T Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jiffy Lube in January 2013.

First interview was with the store manager who asked all the general interview questions and about my previous experience. Second interview was with the Regional manager who was real polite and made me feel comfortable. He told me I'd hate him at work but after work it was normal life. Everyone here knows how to separate work from life outside

Interview Questions
    Because of my leadership in the military I was placed in the MIT program

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, MO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jiffy Lube in October 2012.

Interview happened at a normal jiffy lube store that had a small office in the upstairs the interview was with about 10 other people and also 1:1 was fairly quick and got the job that day pretty much.

None

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Jiffy Lube in October 2012.

Face to face interview, background questions were asked and knowledge of auto maintenance. I was asked my availability then sent for a drug test which took about an hour.

long. It took an hour I was not happy with the pay offered, but they knew I was desperate.

Stroe Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Flagstaff, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Flagstaff, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jiffy Lube in September 2012.

I was interviewed twice, both by upper management. I was offer the job right away. The interview was conducted in the run down office on premises.

Interview Questions
    • I found no questions difficult, it was an easy interview.   Answer Question
    They said " we would like to offer you a position."

Guest Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jiffy Lube in August 2012.

The hiring process was pretty easy. There was a group interview and a final private interview in the same day.