Jiffy Lube

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lube Tech

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in September 2013.

Interview Details – They asked me if i knew how to pull a drain plug and add oil, I said yes. Then they asked me to sell a pen, and I got the job

Interview Question – There wasn't, my interview was basically a joke.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They just hired me on at 8.50. trying to make it sound like that was a big raise from min. wage

Roy, UT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call the next day for a same day interview. The GM asked me very basic questions and hired me on the spot. Had to go to a orientation 2 days later. Easy stuff

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in February 2012.

Interview Details – Short
pointless
lies

Negotiation Details – None, you can smoke weed and no drug test unless you fall

Very Difficult Interview

Monroeville, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online 2 weeks ago and was called back a few days ago to set up an interview for a lube tech position. Upon walking in and letting the gentleman at the counter know I was there for an interview, I was told that the hiring manager is usually late and was not at the store. This was a huge red flag. The gentleman at the counter then printed out a copy of the application for me to fill out. I returned it to him and waited for over 30 minutes for the hiring manager to show up or contact me regarding him being late. He made no outreach to notify me or his staff that he would be late, or when he would even show up. Finally I gave up and left because this whole experience was extremely unprofessional, aside from the gentleman at the counter.

Interview Question – I'm surprised the interviewer never showed up to the store or notified me or the store that he would be late or when he would arrive.   View Answer

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was told to apply online. Submitted application and got hired that week. Group interview and orientation on site

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was a take it or leave it offer.

Lube Tech

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in June 2012.

Interview Details – The manager was so impressed by where I attended school that he hired me on the spot.

Negotiation Details – N/A. They never got back to me.

Interviewed at Jiffy Lube

Interview Details – I came to Jiffy Lube for an oil change when I was 16, very soon after I got my license. I saw that a friend was working there, and he informed me that they were hiring. i was interested, so i filled out an application and a good word was put in for me. i was called a couple days later with a request to come in for the "interview". it was very short; i guess they just wanted to get acquainted with me before actually hiring me. After, i filled out some new hire paperwork, then i was assigned a date to attend an 8 hr computer training session. i have worked at the shop ever since throughout college. i learned quite a bit at this job, considering i had no prior automotive experience.

Interview Question – Have you worked on cars before?   Answer Question

Saint Charles, MO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interview happened at a normal jiffy lube store that had a small office in the upstairs the interview was with about 10 other people and also 1:1 was fairly quick and got the job that day pretty much.

Negotiation Details – None

Conroe, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in July 2012.

Interview Details – Walk in, asked for application, was asked about my experience. Given all documentation needed for pre hiring and hiring. filled out brought back docs. and took drug test. waited about a week calling and going in face to face throughout that week, then got a call to start work.

Negotiation Details – Short, i got an extra .50 cents and leniency on days in the beginning.

Janesville, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jiffy Lube in July 2011.

Interview Details – Received an application, filled it out, and then was hand a drug test form. Received a phone call about 3 weeks later with a job offer.

Interview Question – No questions where asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the hours and days which I would be willing to work.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jiffy Lube

Worked for Jiffy Lube? Contribute to the Community!