Jiffy Lube Lube Tech Interview Questions

Updated Dec 27, 2014

1.8

Lube Tech Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jiffy Lube in December 2014.

Interview

Got contacted thru using peoplematter.com. had two interviews, one with a store mgr. and second with the Operations mgr, both are basically there to see if you are compatible woth the work and staff. After that, they had me do a drug test. Easy peasy.

Interview Questions

• Do u mind working in extreme hot or cold, can u wear protection gear, and so on.   Answer Question

I thought thw pat was inadequate.

Other Interview Reviews for Jiffy Lube

Lube Tech Interview

Interview

The hiring process was very easy. There actually was not an interview, they just called me and said I got the job based on my snagajob application online. They called me into the shop and immediately got me started on the orientation process, along with the drug testing and background checks.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was which position I'm most comfortable with because I have had never had such a job before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much of a negotiation, the wage was set at $8.00

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jiffy Lube (Independence, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, and hired in first interview. They responded by email within one week. I logged into a system called people matter and I was constantly informed through people matter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None I accepted the first offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summerville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Jiffy Lube (Summerville, SC) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was interviewed in person. Was asked "tell me about yourself" as only question. The rest of the "interview" was chit-chat about job expectations and such. Very simple and nothing intense or in-depth. Also, you must pass a drug screen and background test to have the job.

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jiffy Lube (Monroeville, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online 2 weeks ago and was called back a few days ago to set up an interview for a lube tech position. Upon walking in and letting the gentleman at the counter know I was there for an interview, I was told that the hiring manager is usually late and was not at the store. This was a huge red flag. The gentleman at the counter then printed out a copy of the application for me to fill out. I returned it to him and waited for over 30 minutes for the hiring manager to show up or contact me regarding him being late. He made no outreach to notify me or his staff that he would be late, or when he would even show up. Finally I gave up and left because this whole experience was extremely unprofessional, aside from the gentleman at the counter.

Interview Questions

• I'm surprised the interviewer never showed up to the store or notified me or the store that he would be late or when he would arrive.   1 Answer

Lube Tech Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jiffy Lube in September 2013.

Interview

They asked me if i knew how to pull a drain plug and add oil, I said yes. Then they asked me to sell a pen, and I got the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They just hired me on at 8.50. trying to make it sound like that was a big raise from min. wage

Lube Tech Interview

Interview

I came to Jiffy Lube for an oil change when I was 16, very soon after I got my license. I saw that a friend was working there, and he informed me that they were hiring. i was interested, so i filled out an application and a good word was put in for me. i was called a couple days later with a request to come in for the "interview". it was very short; i guess they just wanted to get acquainted with me before actually hiring me. After, i filled out some new hire paperwork, then i was assigned a date to attend an 8 hr computer training session. i have worked at the shop ever since throughout college. i learned quite a bit at this job, considering i had no prior automotive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jiffy Lube (Roy, UT) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next day for a same day interview. The GM asked me very basic questions and hired me on the spot. Had to go to a orientation 2 days later. Easy stuff

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jiffy Lube (Saint Charles, MO) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview happened at a normal jiffy lube store that had a small office in the upstairs the interview was with about 10 other people and also 1:1 was fairly quick and got the job that day pretty much.

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jiffy Lube (Conroe, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Walk in, asked for application, was asked about my experience. Given all documentation needed for pre hiring and hiring. filled out brought back docs. and took drug test. waited about a week calling and going in face to face throughout that week, then got a call to start work.

Negotiation

Short, i got an extra .50 cents and leniency on days in the beginning.