Jiffy Lube Lube Tech Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

1.8

Lube Tech Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jiffy Lube in July 2015.

Interview

i talked to the areaa manager can it when great he asked me what i new about cars and he wonted to no about me and the he just kept asking me question

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Jiffy Lube

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jiffy Lube (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, A week later, i got an email asking to schedule an interview. This interview was a joke. I mainly just sat there while he blabbered. He asked me to do a second interview with another manager. This interview was more like an attack. It seemed like he was trying to find a single weakness, because he didn't want to hire a minor. He finally found one and turned it into a reason I'm not qualified for the job. It was the worst interview experience I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with automobiles?   1 Answer

Lube Tech Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jiffy Lube.

Interview

Very laid back and easy. As long as you aren't a bad person you will get the job. They ask basic questions just to make sure you are not a weirdo.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jiffy Lube (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

It was very easy and relaxed they needed people entry level or experienced doesn't matter worked with me and i felt as if my store manager really cared about me which he did

Interview Questions

• What are your short term goals with life and this company?   Answer Question

Lube Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jiffy Lube in December 2014.

Interview

Got contacted thru using peoplematter.com. had two interviews, one with a store mgr. and second with the Operations mgr, both are basically there to see if you are compatible woth the work and staff. After that, they had me do a drug test. Easy peasy.

Interview Questions

• Do u mind working in extreme hot or cold, can u wear protection gear, and so on.   Answer Question

I thought thw pat was inadequate.

Lube Tech Interview

Interview

The hiring process was very easy. There actually was not an interview, they just called me and said I got the job based on my snagajob application online. They called me into the shop and immediately got me started on the orientation process, along with the drug testing and background checks.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was which position I'm most comfortable with because I have had never had such a job before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much of a negotiation, the wage was set at $8.00

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jiffy Lube (Independence, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, and hired in first interview. They responded by email within one week. I logged into a system called people matter and I was constantly informed through people matter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None I accepted the first offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summerville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Jiffy Lube (Summerville, SC) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was interviewed in person. Was asked "tell me about yourself" as only question. The rest of the "interview" was chit-chat about job expectations and such. Very simple and nothing intense or in-depth. Also, you must pass a drug screen and background test to have the job.

Lube Tech Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jiffy Lube in September 2013.

Interview

They asked me if i knew how to pull a drain plug and add oil, I said yes. Then they asked me to sell a pen, and I got the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They just hired me on at 8.50. trying to make it sound like that was a big raise from min. wage

Lube Tech Interview

Interview

I came to Jiffy Lube for an oil change when I was 16, very soon after I got my license. I saw that a friend was working there, and he informed me that they were hiring. i was interested, so i filled out an application and a good word was put in for me. i was called a couple days later with a request to come in for the "interview". it was very short; i guess they just wanted to get acquainted with me before actually hiring me. After, i filled out some new hire paperwork, then i was assigned a date to attend an 8 hr computer training session. i have worked at the shop ever since throughout college. i learned quite a bit at this job, considering i had no prior automotive experience.