Jigsaw Interview Questions

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jigsaw in June 2011.

They were very lax on getting back to me and kept implying that I had the position

Senior Software Engineer - Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Jigsaw in August 2010.

Applied online and took 6 weeks to get a personal interview (after a phone screen). Interviewed by engineers, hiring manager and engineering director. Some questions are relevent, some are too lame (can you explain encapsulation?). some are not relevent (director wants me to architect their system). Hiring manager promised to get back to me ASAP, still took them 10 days to decide not to proceed

Interview Questions
    • write a Java program to print the 1st 25 Fibonacci numbers   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Jigsaw in June 2010.

High level of unprofessional-ism experienced from the hiring manager. Made me feel uncomfortable during the interview because hiring manager berated and spoke negatively about one of their subordinates. HM also agreed to give me a chance to prove my abilities based on a suggestion I gave them, but never followed through. I can only assume HM was too busy to send me the instructions.

HM's main focus was on power instead of performing their job well. I was left wondering why a company like Jigsaw would retain an individual like this, especially if HM didn't have enough common sense to know their conducting themselves inappropriately during an interview.

I'm a strong believer that everything happens for a reason, and although this position wasn't meant for me due to the circumstances, by sharing my experience, I hope other professionals in the industry don't encounter a similar situation. Sometimes, it only takes one person to shatter the reputation and image of a company, especially in the B2B world.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jigsaw in January 2009.

Both the phone interview and the in person interviews went well. I enjoyed the people I met. The offices could have been nicer, but I understand that they are a startup and money is likely tight.

Sales Assistant Full Time Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Jigsaw.

Handed in a CV off the street and was asked for interview the following day. Interview was fairly informal at a local coffee shop with all the normal questions. Then went back to the store and I was given an outfit selection task.

Interview Questions
    • A customer comes in, is a young mum, wants something to wear to go out this evening, you have ten minutes to get an outfit worth £300   Answer Question

Director of QA Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Jigsaw in March 2010.

The interview process was fairly typical. I was to speak with 4 - 5 people (one over the phone). There was no meeting room available so I was interviewed in the hiring manager's office. There were many disruptions during the interviews which made it difficult to focus on the interview itself. The interviewers were not prepared and seemed at times to fill the time with trivial questions.

I felt the work culture was chaotic and managed by "seat of your pants". The people were pleasant but I came away with a negative feeling towards the company as a whole.

Interview Questions
    • "How would you solve our quality issues?"   View Answer

Worked for Jigsaw? Contribute to the Community!