Jimmy John's

105 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Tyler, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Jimmy John's in July 2012.

Interview Details – You answer an ad on Craigslist advertising "Rock Stars Wanted." After applying, you sit down with a manager for orientation if they are in need of another warm body that off-gasses CO2. They go over the 10 pages of rules and explain the reasons behind paying $6 with no gas compensation or delivery charge. Then, the fun part....

Interview Question – A couple of days after your orientation, they sit you down at a table (usually not near a menu, but I've seen people sitting right in front of one) with a blank sheet of paper. You were told at orientation that you would be given a menu test. What they fail to mention is that you will be writing the entire menu (sandwich numbers, names AND ingredients) out on the black sheet of paper. Also, the ingredients must be in layer order.

That's it, though. There really aren't any interview questions. It IS a restaurant job after all.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. $6 for driver and min. wage for in-shop. Take it or leave it.

In Shop Associate Interview

In Shop Associate

Interviewed at Jimmy John's

Interview Details – It was very laid back a few questions from a piece of paper they really just want to know how fast you are can you handle stress and if you are a hard worker or not

Interview Question – How do you handle stress
What would your friends describe you as
How would you handle criticism
Are you fast
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy they told me right away that I had the potential of being a worker at jimmy johns

Jackson, MS

I applied online and interviewed at Jimmy John's.

Interview Details – I applied on snagajob.com and got a call from a manager telling me to call and set up an interview. I called and set up an interview with the GM for Tuesday. I showed up for the interview and the GM wasn't there, I interviewed with the assistant manager and she told me to call the GM the next morning to set up a 2nd interview. I called back the next day and the GM told me to come in on Thursday for an interview. I came in on Thursday and had to wait 15 min for him to show up. He asked me a couple of questions and did told me that he hadn't looked at my application yet and that they wouldn't be hiring until next month. Very unprofessional and a waste of my time.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself? ; Why do you wanna work here? ; What are your strengths?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Jimmy Johns Delivery Driver/In-Shop Interview

Jimmy Johns Delivery Driver/In-Shop

I applied online and interviewed at Jimmy John's.

Interview Details – Applied online, went in for an interview where they just explained the job and told me to come in for orientation on Friday. All he asked was how many hours I needed and if I wanted inshore or driver.

Interview Question – Wasn't difficult at all.   Answer Question

Highlands Ranch, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Jimmy John's.

Interview Details – Manager noticed my app from Snagajob and he called me very quickly. We scheduled an interview for the GM and I for the following day. I called the GM the next day, to verify, and she moved my interview another two days because they're busy? Two days later, I went in and sat down with the GM. She said that "They" hired two people, the day before, and no longer needed me. Unless I wanted to work "part-timish," on the weekends. She went on to say that "it's weird and hard to explain." So, the process was very easy.

Interview Question – Do you have any visible tattoos?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Offered part-time on the phone and weekends in person.

Delivery Bicyclist Interview

Delivery Bicyclist
Charleston, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Jimmy John's.

Interview Details – Walked in, filled out an application, and was told to come back the next day for an interview. Talked a little with the manager, and was given a menu to memorize. I started after studying the menu for a day or two.

Interview Question – Do you have any relevant experience?   Answer Question

In-shop Interview

In-shop

I applied in-person and interviewed at Jimmy John's.

Interview Details – Asked me my school schedule and found out what hours I could work including one closing shift for the thursday, friday, saturday late night shifts. Tested me on the menu from the ingredients to the meats. We just sat in the back room and talked. It was very easy. Its a entry level job so they don't really care as long as you show up to work on time and know the menu

Interview Question – What vegetable, sauces and meats are on the number 9?   Answer Question

Sandwich Artist Interview

Sandwich Artist
Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jimmy John's in July 2013.

Interview Details – It took a while for me because I did not have my social security card or birth certificate with me. My mother moved to Georgia, and my things were lost somewhere in the madness. Once I had the phone interview, the general manager interviewed my the very next day. After I completed the paperwork, with all the proper documents in hand, I started the very next week.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you handled a difficult customer or situation.   Answer Question

In-shop Interview

In-shop
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Jimmy John's in April 2013.

Interview Details – It was a casual interview; the typical questions were asked. Not much conversation- stayed on point with what the position entitled and what i should expect working there. I was asked about my hobbies and past experiences. We went over my application then i was asked my availability- to which i had open and then i was told i was hired and asked to start the next day.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected, you could probably find all the questions under any list of "basic interview questions" you see online.   Answer Question

Cashier, Sandwich Maker Interview

Cashier, Sandwich Maker
Wheaton, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Jimmy John's in May 2013.

Interview Details – I came in, asked for an application, they vetted me by verifying I could talk to a manager for a minute and didn't just run off with an application then they had me fill out paperwork the next day.

Negotiation Details – The wage is set for each position underneath management

Worked for Jimmy John's? Contribute to the Community!