Jimmy John's

Updated Nov 16, 2014
Updated Nov 16, 2014

1.7

Delivery Driver Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Jimmy John's.

Very quick and straight forward interview process. Received phone call within 2 weeks of applying in-person. Had previous Jimmy Johns experience and was hired on the spot. Took a sandwich test to see if I knew the menu.

Interview Questions
    • What are your skills and weaknesses? What can you add to our crew?   Answer Question
    None

Business Coach Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Jimmy John's.

Started with a phone interview, a week later an in person interview occurred with the same person that interviewed me. After the in person interview, I was asked to go Champaign, IL, where the HQ is located, for my final interview. I had a great experience and I'm excited to be a part of the team.

Cashier, Sandwich Maker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jimmy John's.

I had a phone interview first where the manager explained what I would need to do for the in person interview. The management wanted me to be able to rewrite out the entire menu word for word from memory. Not the random details but the names, ingredients, and prices of every sandwich they sold. I have a very good memory, so I did fine and got it just about perfect, but this might have proved very challenging to some. Other than this, they just asked a few general questions to get my background and then wanted to know more about my availability. Overall it was a relatively simple process, though it took a bit of work.

No negotiation

Sandwich Maker Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Jimmy John's.

I was originally going for a chipotle job interview but I walked into the wrong shop accidently. But since I didn't realize it, I was still very confident and ended up getting offered a job on the spot. But I have another interview so I'm gonna see how that goes. But they give you a packet to fill out and a sandwich test study sheet to study over.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we choose you to work with us?
      Tell me about yourself?
        Answer Question

I didn't decline yet, just going to check out other job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jimmy John's in October 2014.

Went to hiring fair within a few hours they called me to offer the job, interview was about ten minutes they set up time for testing - you have to get 80% on the sandwich test, know EVERYTHING that goes all ALL of their sandwichs from mayo to meat and its not multiple choice, your given a blank paper and you have to remember the names too- i was given two days to study. Oh and don't worry about bringing your resume, they don't want that. lol

Interview Questions
    • If you were a manger and i didn't understand something, how would you teach me?   View Answer

Pay was 6.25 and only offered part-time as a driver. They said once you prove yourself your given a whole whoppin .50 raise!

Guerrilla Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jimmy John's in October 2014.

There was an info-session round and an individual interview. Info round was very informal and on-site at their Champaign offices, lunch and tour of office was given. You fill out a ten question survey with basic questions like your strengths and weaknesses, why Jimmy John's etc. Second round interview is very easy as well. Basically just use your resume to ask questions about your experience, etc. At the end they drug test you, so be prepared. Jimmy John's has a strict drug-free policy. Also they ask you to write a one page summary on 3 pros and 3 cons of the Guerrilla Marketing position, followed up by a background test. Process takes about 2 weeks.

Delivery Driver/In-Shop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Jimmy John's.

Asked when I could start and if I've ever worked in the food industry before. Needed to get a food handlers license from the state of Texas (which could be done online at multiple sites). The manager was very nice, but the GM was not working that day. My good friend had been a delivery driver for about 4 months when I asked if she could help me get a position.

Cashier, Sandwich Maker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jimmy John's in September 2014.

Found an job posting on Craigslist and sent an email with my resume. Within a few days I was contacted by phone and an interview was set for a few business days after. The interview was very straightforward - I was asked to fill out an application and then go over my job history. I got a phone call with a job offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a job experience in which you've had to work with a sense of urgency.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, $7.25 an hr - $8 after memorizing the sandwich menu

In-shop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jimmy John's in September 2014.

I found an ad on craigslist and it said that they were looking for workers for a new location. so I sent a email to the lady with my name and number and experience. she called me a few days later to set up a interview. the interview was very easy seeing as though i am HORRIBLE at being interviewed. she asked me a few questions and i just smiled a lot and tried to answer them the best i could with out tripping over my words. after like 5 or 6 questions went to office and came out with a schedule and added me on it!!! so i start working in 10 days and i'm excited everyone seems so happy and nice. cool, positive environment. my advice, go in there happy with a good attitude. most importantly SMILE and the job is yours :)

Interview Questions
    • why would you like to work here? why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jimmy John's in September 2014.

The hiring and interview process was pretty straight forward. The interview questions were nothing surprising or difficult. I had previous experience as a delivery driver, and they were in need, so after asking a few basic questions, I was informed about working there. I was pretty much hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What is a weakness of yours. (not really unexpected, but kind of difficult when applying at a sandwich shop lol)   Answer Question