Jimmy John's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

1.7

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jimmy John's (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Began with a conversation, then proceeded to the actual interview. I thought it was going to be about 15 minutes, but for me was only 5-10 barely. Was completely chill, loud music though. Community very relaxing and seemed dead. Asked very minimal/brief questions and you just have to tell them what they want to hear. Hired on the spot.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jimmy John's (Lexington, KY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward. He basically asked a few questions on the phone and then talked with me in the store. Availability was one of the most important pieces and things he stressed though the shifts are in block format. The reason that I declined the offer was PROFESSIONALISM!!!! The general manager at the store that I applied to was anything but professional. When you curse at someone because they needed to change a start date, that is an IMMEDIATE TURN OFF and as of a result, I will not only decline an offer but likely to never give them any business as of a result. Also, the pay structure was beyond poor and it was a waste of my time going there.

Business Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jimmy John's (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

A lot of questions about what is needed to do the job correctly , what time it takes to do the job , and the details about the travel needed. Very interesting company with high goals and would be a fun place to work. We talked a lot about the growing areas concern in the company and how that would effect the travel and pay. Also the travel needed to train and certify.

Interview Questions

• Most of the normal questions and more about what you have done along with what you have in mind for your future goals. A good company with very good dedicated people that care about the future of the company and questions about your past. Questions go along with the process of the job to see if you are still interested as the training process and investment as it is long for both parties.   Answer Question

In-shop Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jimmy John's.

Interview

I showed up and filled in an application. Then the manager interviewed me. It was really simple, since it's fast food, they're really just concerned with your availability. The manager was very clear with start dates, and also asked how many hours I would want.

InShop Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Jimmy John's.

Interview

It was fairly simple. I came in, I waited for a manager and we talked. we didn't really talk about my resume or anything. He mostly just asked what hours i would be able to work and if i'm hard working; that kind of stuff. I got the job.

InShop Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Jimmy John's.

Interview

Sat down with GM for 5 minutes and answered a couple questions. Hired the next day after taking a menu test on all the ingredients of each sandwich. GM took picture of me and sent in to franchise office for final approval.

Crew Member/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Jimmy John's.

Interview

Fairly easy, basic questions, the manager was very friendly and laid back, don't be nervous be yourself, say lots of positive things, sound eager to learn and start the job, make sure to ask questions at the end of the interviewer to make it sound like you're very interested in the job. Don't ask questions that they covered though, it'll make it sound like you weren't paying attention.

In-shop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jimmy John's (Concord, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

After talking with a good friend who worked here, I applied via Snagajob. I received a call the very next day asking for an interview. During the one-on-one interview I was only asked one question and we went over the expectations and dress code. Received call two days later extending offer.

Business Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jimmy John's (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview in on the phone at first and it is at a exact time. I like a punctual company that I like. It is with a person that is very easy to talk to and asks good questions along with adding very interesting information on the company and it's growth. It is a good company with good people that care.

Interview Questions

• There is a lot travel job with this job. It is a lot of contact with people. Is that what I would like making new relationships every day. There is a lot of training out of town along with relocation in a general area. You would be paid salary plus a per mile rate at a very fair price.   1 Answer

I do not want to travel

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jimmy John's (Irving, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

There really wasn't an interview. I put in an app online, got a call later that day and was asked to come in the next day. When I went in I was given a paper app to fill out and then asked if I could provide proof of insurance. I was told to come back to start the next morning where I went through a ride along process with an experienced driver then was sent on my own later that day. It seems that they give everybody a fair chance to see if the job is a good fit whether from the company's point of view or that of the employee.

Interview Questions

• Do you have insurance on your vehicle?   1 Answer