Jimmy John's

1.7

Delivery Driver/In-Shop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Jimmy John's.

Asked when I could start and if I've ever worked in the food industry before. Needed to get a food handlers license from the state of Texas (which could be done online at multiple sites). The manager was very nice, but the GM was not working that day. My good friend had been a delivery driver for about 4 months when I asked if she could help me get a position.

Cashier, Sandwich Maker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jimmy John's in September 2014.

Found an job posting on Craigslist and sent an email with my resume. Within a few days I was contacted by phone and an interview was set for a few business days after. The interview was very straightforward - I was asked to fill out an application and then go over my job history. I got a phone call with a job offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a job experience in which you've had to work with a sense of urgency.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, $7.25 an hr - $8 after memorizing the sandwich menu

In-shop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jimmy John's in September 2014.

I found an ad on craigslist and it said that they were looking for workers for a new location. so I sent a email to the lady with my name and number and experience. she called me a few days later to set up a interview. the interview was very easy seeing as though i am HORRIBLE at being interviewed. she asked me a few questions and i just smiled a lot and tried to answer them the best i could with out tripping over my words. after like 5 or 6 questions went to office and came out with a schedule and added me on it!!! so i start working in 10 days and i'm excited everyone seems so happy and nice. cool, positive environment. my advice, go in there happy with a good attitude. most importantly SMILE and the job is yours :)

Interview Questions
    • why would you like to work here? why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jimmy John's in September 2014.

The hiring and interview process was pretty straight forward. The interview questions were nothing surprising or difficult. I had previous experience as a delivery driver, and they were in need, so after asking a few basic questions, I was informed about working there. I was pretty much hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What is a weakness of yours. (not really unexpected, but kind of difficult when applying at a sandwich shop lol)   Answer Question

In Shop Associate Interview

It was very laid back a few questions from a piece of paper they really just want to know how fast you are can you handle stress and if you are a hard worker or not

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle stress
      What would your friends describe you as
      How would you handle criticism
      Are you fast

Answer Question
    Very easy they told me right away that I had the potential of being a worker at jimmy johns

Associate In Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Jimmy John's in July 2014.

Awful, advertised at 230 pm, got there after a long bus trip at 2:40pm, closed,no one there. In discussion with employer they stated they interviewed 11 people including a Manager and started at 2:30 and left at 2:40. 11 employee interviews in 10 minutes then gone, come on! They commented that in jobs you must be precise on arrival and anyone arriving AFTER 2:30 would not be seen nor anyone arriving 15 minutes or less in advance of 2:30. All I can say is that this Franchise was incredibly demanding of it's possible new employees. Too bad.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I applied online – interviewed at Jimmy John's.

I applied on snagajob.com and got a call from a manager telling me to call and set up an interview. I called and set up an interview with the GM for Tuesday. I showed up for the interview and the GM wasn't there, I interviewed with the assistant manager and she told me to call the GM the next morning to set up a 2nd interview. I called back the next day and the GM told me to come in on Thursday for an interview. I came in on Thursday and had to wait 15 min for him to show up. He asked me a couple of questions and did told me that he hadn't looked at my application yet and that they wouldn't be hiring until next month. Very unprofessional and a waste of my time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself? ; Why do you wanna work here? ; What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Jimmy Johns- InShop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosedale, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosedale, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Jimmy John's in July 2014.

It was EXTREMELY laid back. All they asked me was if I had reliable transportation. You're going to have to memorize the menu and what order everything goes on in the sandwich but you'll get the hang of it w/ practice

Interview Questions
    • *If you get the job memorize the menu ASAP! Don't procrastinate like I did because it will come back to bite you in the end.   Answer Question

Sandwich Maker, Food Prep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jimmy John's in July 2014.

I saw that they had a hiring sign up on the window. I walked in a few days later and inquired about the position. Filled out an application in the store and was told to come back the next day for an interview. Very easy interview. I was told that as long as I passed the Menu/Sandwich test I got the job and would start training right after that.

Interview Questions
    • There was only one question asked and it was "why Jimmy John's?"   Answer Question

Jimmy Johns Delivery Driver/In-Shop Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Jimmy John's.

Applied online, went in for an interview where they just explained the job and told me to come in for orientation on Friday. All he asked was how many hours I needed and if I wanted inshore or driver.