Jimmy John's Interview Questions

1.6

Jimmy Johns Delivery Driver/In-Shop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jimmy John's.

There was only one interview. i got the interview after bringing in a paper application. The interview was a one-on-one with the store manager, in person at the store. The questions asked were very typical, nothing scary or out of the ordinary. I gave him my availability and was hired on the spot. I did have to do a sandwich test a few days later to show that I knew what the sandwiches were.

Jimmy Johns Delivery Driver/In-Shop Interview

General behavioral questions, not hard at all.

Interview Questions
    • If you were an animal what would you be?   View Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jimmy John's.

I knew the owner so it was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • Driving history, not unexpected just be ready to explain tickets you have gotten. They will look.   Answer Question
    None it is a minimum wage job.

Manager Interview

Basically no interview process at all.. barely even looked at my application.. just talked about football for 5 minutes and then hired me.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheaton, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheaton, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jimmy John's.

Was a very basic interview. Questions about previous job experience, why you want to work with Jimmy John's, and what qualifies and separates you from the rest. They were just opening the store so they needed a full crew in 2008, so I was fortunate enough. The menu was to be remembered and tested within a week of memorizing. Simple and efficient. Satisfying as far as an interview can go.

Cashier Register Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jimmy John's.

He asked if I had any experience with food services, handling also customer service. Wanted to know how I handle myself in fast paced / stressful situations. He also asked what kind of music I liked and I had any tattoos that would show. It was a really easy interview, he told me that he would call and let me know either way in about a week.

none

In-shop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jimmy John's in January 2014.

Saw add posted on-line, sent in resume online. Manager called me, we set up an interview. After small talk with basic questions, and resume overlook, was offered job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • If your former employer had one thing to say you need improvement on, what would it be?   View Answer
    They offered me job after seeing had years of experience in kitchen.

Inshopper Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Jimmy John's in December 2013.

I applied online through snagajob and about a week later I recieved a call. The interview was very casual and I was basically hired on the spot. I just had to take the sandwich test which they gave me a few days to study off of.

Interview Questions
    • The test is the most difficult part of the hiring process. However they gave me time to study.   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jimmy John's.

Walked in, asked if they were hiring and grabbed an application which i filled out there. The GM happened to be in so after i handed back my application, he looked it over and asked for me to come back in the next day for an interview ( but ive seen them interview on the spot many times if theyre not busy). For the interview: the GM said he looked over my application and everything looked good (because theres really know requirements for working their. they literally hire everyone). He asked me if I had a valid driver license and any visible tattoos or piercings. I dont have any, so I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • I was only asked if i have a valid drivers license and if i have any visible tattoos or piercings. Ive seen other managers ask random questions like "what song would be your theme song". They sometimes try to throw in any random weird question just to throw you off because they dont really care what the answer is. If they are willing to interview you, then you are already hired.   Answer Question

Guerrilla Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jimmy John's in November 2013.

Final Round Interview- They sat me down in a conference room, two people were interviewing me. They used my resume and a previous answer sheet from the initial info-session/group interview to guide themselves when asking questions. I felt they did not fully review my resume before because they were gazing over it and hesitating when asking me questions. Also, it was very comfortable, yet informal. They did not ask standard interview questions and it felt more like a conversation. The entire interview lasted a little over one hour and at the last minute the director walked in and distributed an oral drug test. It was very unexpected and I didn't even know that was allowed during an interview. After reading the company directives, they do not tolerate any drug use and they test their employees.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted me to ask them one last question about the position. They also asked what animal I would want to be for one day and why. Also, after the interview I was required to write a one page paper with 3 pros and 3 cons about the position.   Answer Question