Jive Communications Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015
Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.7

Billing Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Jive Communications in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online on a Friday called in for an interview on Tuesday, immediately sent an excel spreadsheet test and then promptly asked to come in for a final interview the next day. Pretty normal interview set up. Walk in, the building is fantastic, amazing environment, felt extremely comfortable upon walking in. Was taken into an interview room, standard questions. Could tell that my interviews were extremely passionate and comfortable with Jive. Excel test pretty standard. Final interview had a rep from the accounting office. Strange questions, things like internal communication lines and how to disperse info within colleagues. But understandable!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much in the way of negotiations. They said the pay range and asked what I was hoping for. Was treated extremely fairly.

Client Success Manager-small to Medium Business Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jive Communications (Orem, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

After applying, I received a call and was asked to come in for a interview. When I got there there was no one at the front desk. I called the number the gave me but no one answered. Had to wait till someone came out to let them know I was there to interview. A couple of days later, I received an email sayin I didn't get the job, then an email saying I was still be considered.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness   Answer Question
    • If a client calls in upset about an order and it turns out the issue is with the company, how do you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jive Communications (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

I got phone interview as the first step for interview. usually personal questions. Secondly, tech phone interview. more technical question. Thirdly, on site interview. Frankly I rejected at second phone interview, so i don't know about third on site interview. First interview is not hard, moreover he is very friendly not to give any stress .

Marketing Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jive Communications (Orem, UT) in September 2014.

Interview

Submit resume online, submit sample writing exercise, face-to-face interview. The sample writing exercise was actually fun. They asked me to write a blog article on one of a few assigned topics. I thought the entire interview process was fair and worthwhile. They didn't ask any odd questions or do anything inappropriate. Of course, they offered me the job, so I thought their judgment was good. It seems like a good place to work but probably more so for an entry-level candidate.

Just didn't seem like the right fit for me at this time. Also, I'm currently employed, and their offer was about the same as my current compensation.

Scrum Master Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jive Communications in November 2013.

Interview

Interviewed first with the lead Scrum Master, and then with a couple of other senior developers, and finally with the CTO who conferred with the others who had interviewed me before making a decision.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle it if the problem with your scrum team is a member of that team? Or if you have a scrum team member who is causing problems? (asked a few different ways in different interviews)   Answer Question
    • What does "Scrum Master" mean to you?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jive Communications (Orem, UT) in November 2013.

Interview

Went through 3 rounds of interviews.

1. Phone screening - They were interested in my background and projects. Expect questions such as why Jive?

2. Homework - A simple programming problem to be solved within 72 hours.

3. Onsite - Was interviewed by 4 developers(1:1). Mostly it was to get to know your projects, skills. One simple program they asked is FIZZ/BUZZ problem. Last round was to meet CTO and let him know some details about your background.

Of late the interview process is slightly modified where you have to pair program with one of the developers and demonstrate your skills.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions.
      Challenges you faced in your project? How did you handle them?

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Jive Communications (Orem, UT) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied on campus and received the call for interview in 1 week. 3 interviews in 1 single day by three people.

1. Technical interview: Easy. Only asked to make a FizzBuzz program and then talked about my background.

2. Testing: The interviewer asked me how to test their phone systems for call routing and disconnections.

3. General: Background talk and the interviewer also asked me how to hack into a website.

Last word with the CTO.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Customer Experience Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Jive Communications in May 2013.

Interview

This experience was refreshingly different. The process was less formal than other companies that I have worked for and interviewed with. I was able to meet the teams, work with them, prove my value and then received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't really one. Most focused on "what would you do to improve this aspect of the business".   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jive Communications (Orem, UT) in April 2013.

Interview

Met with CEO, COO, CTO, and several other sales people and engineers. They asked intelligent questions and wanted to make sure that I would be a good fit for their company culture. I could see they were very proud of what they had accomplished, but were not arrogant and made me believe that they wanted input on how the company could grow faster with better customer support.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I would approach the job once hired. What would my strategy be to prospect and close new customers for the company. This wasn't an unexpected question, in fact, I would have been concerned if they hadn't asked this question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were cordial, and they were extremely responsive. I had salary demands and ultimately we were able to settle on a compensation package I felt was fair.