Jive Communications Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jive Communications

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orem, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jive Communications in November 2013.

Went through 3 rounds of interviews.

1. Phone screening - They were interested in my background and projects. Expect questions such as why Jive?

2. Homework - A simple programming problem to be solved within 72 hours.

3. Onsite - Was interviewed by 4 developers(1:1). Mostly it was to get to know your projects, skills. One simple program they asked is FIZZ/BUZZ problem. Last round was to meet CTO and let him know some details about your background.

Of late the interview process is slightly modified where you have to pair program with one of the developers and demonstrate your skills.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions.
      Challenges you faced in your project? How did you handle them?
        Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jive Communications in November 2013.

Interviewed first with the lead Scrum Master, and then with a couple of other senior developers, and finally with the CTO who conferred with the others who had interviewed me before making a decision.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle it if the problem with your scrum team is a member of that team? Or if you have a scrum team member who is causing problems? (asked a few different ways in different interviews)   Answer Question
    • What does "Scrum Master" mean to you?   Answer Question

Customer Experience Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Jive Communications in May 2013.

This experience was refreshingly different. The process was less formal than other companies that I have worked for and interviewed with. I was able to meet the teams, work with them, prove my value and then received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't really one. Most focused on "what would you do to improve this aspect of the business".   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orem, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Jive Communications in April 2013.

Met with CEO, COO, CTO, and several other sales people and engineers. They asked intelligent questions and wanted to make sure that I would be a good fit for their company culture. I could see they were very proud of what they had accomplished, but were not arrogant and made me believe that they wanted input on how the company could grow faster with better customer support.

Interview Questions
    • They asked how I would approach the job once hired. What would my strategy be to prospect and close new customers for the company. This wasn't an unexpected question, in fact, I would have been concerned if they hadn't asked this question.   Answer Question
    Negotiations were cordial, and they were extremely responsive. I had salary demands and ultimately we were able to settle on a compensation package I felt was fair.

Worked for Jive Communications? Contribute to the Community!