Jive Software

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jive Software in January 2012.

Applied for the role and received a call from Jive's technical recruiter 4 days later. The tech recruiter asked me some very basic questions mostly why I was looking for another job and for a summary of my experience as a build/release engineer. Two days later I heard from the hiring manager who proceeded to ask some basic technical questions about being a release engineer and what type of experience I had with Jenkins as a continuous integration server. I went in for a face to face interview and met with 4 people the hiring manager included. Overall the interview process was fairly easy. They were very interested in how I would approach continuous delivery in a distributed development environment. The people I met with were very friendly and easy going. I didn't really feel like it was an interview at all.

Interview Questions
  • Describe different types of packages and pros/cons of each.   Answer Question
  • How would you make sure and enforce that developers have written unit tests for multiple products that are all interdependent on one another.   Answer Question

Although Jive has a decent of benefits their base salaries are below average for Bay Area standards. I felt that they needed to offer something on par with the rest of the market because quite frankly stock options just don't cut it anymore.