Jive Software

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Release Engineer Interview

Senior Release Engineer
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jive Software in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for the role and received a call from Jive's technical recruiter 4 days later. The tech recruiter asked me some very basic questions mostly why I was looking for another job and for a summary of my experience as a build/release engineer. Two days later I heard from the hiring manager who proceeded to ask some basic technical questions about being a release engineer and what type of experience I had with Jenkins as a continuous integration server. I went in for a face to face interview and met with 4 people the hiring manager included. Overall the interview process was fairly easy. They were very interested in how I would approach continuous delivery in a distributed development environment. The people I met with were very friendly and easy going. I didn't really feel like it was an interview at all.

Interview Questions

• Describe different types of packages and pros/cons of each.   Answer Question
  • How would you make sure and enforce that developers have written unit tests for multiple products that are all interdependent on one another.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Although Jive has a decent of benefits their base salaries are below average for Bay Area standards. I felt that they needed to offer something on par with the rest of the market because quite frankly stock options just don't cut it anymore.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Jive Software

Worked for Jive Software? Contribute to the Community!

Jive Software Videos

Jive Software – Why Work for Us?

JOIN THE TEAM Jive isn’t like most companies. We’re serious about changing the world. Making a difference. And having a lot of fun in the process. If you just want a job, Jive is not for you. But if you want your next… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jive Software Senior Release Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Jive Software employees and interview candidates.