Jo-Ann Stores Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

1.6

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jo-Ann Stores.

Interview

The interview itself went great. The lady loved what I had to offer. She asked about any experience that might be useful here. I am an artist and very crafty so I mentioned that and she was happy that I had knowledge in the field. And more than qualified for the position as well.
Before I left she said I was just what they needed and welcome aboard.
I accepted the offer online on my account with them. Two weeks go by and the paperwork was taking a long time. So I call, only to be blown off for another week. Then I receive a letter in the mail saying they were unable to hire me because of a misdemeanor that occurred 2 years prior. I had previously disclosed to the hiring manager and she said it didn't matter.
While I realize it may have not been her direct decision, she still could have let me know so I could have been looking for other jobs in that 3 1/2 week process.
This was not a good experience, and I would not recommend applying here if you're not "perfect".

Interview Questions

• If a customer was upset or angry, how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Jo-Ann Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jo-Ann Stores (Mentor, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

process was quick, submitted an app online and they got to me within the week, after an interview i started the next week working part time as i requested. words words words words words

Cashier Interview

Interview

Interviewed by the store manager. They just ask some basic questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Benton Harbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jo-Ann Stores (Benton Harbor, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

Short interview very basic interperonal questions. I was hired with a handful of other canadites maybe desperation in the company was the reason for the generic interview and hire process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where a customer was unhappy and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jo-Ann Stores (Sacramento, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

The 1 on 1 is straight forward. Most of Jo-Ann's managers are very knowedgeable in their field and the place has more of a familt atmosphere than big corporate. The next step is the presentation and a sort of scavenger hunt through the store. They try to make it fun.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Relax, tell them your crafting and sewing skills and dress nicely but business casual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehall, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jo-Ann Stores (Whitehall, PA) in March 2008.

Interview

My friend worked there so I asked for an application. I filled it out and returned it the next day. I was called within the week and went for a first interview. I was hired within two days of the initial interview. Very easy process. The manager was very laid back and approachable.

Interview Questions

• What are the major three fabrics used by most seamstresses.   Answer Question