Jo-Ann Stores Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

1.7

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores in February 2012.

Asked about availability and previous customer service experience. Also asked if you have any knowledge of crafts or sewing. Although asked no knowledge or experience is necessary. You will be asked to work for minimum wage, there is little to no negotiation about hourly wage.

No negotiation available.

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores.

Interview was quick, had a paired interview with another candidate. No personal questions were asked, mainly discussed your part in the position. Took up to 15 mins, very quick and straight to the point. Was hired on the spot.

Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores in June 2011.

They ask you where you want to be in 5 years and a series of questions insinuating that they are impressed with you. I walked through the store and nobody asked me if I needed help. I knew they needed a customer service specialist. I happily applied and was quickly interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you can help our team?   View Answer
    I was so excited, didn't ask. Only to find out 1 week later I was making $7.25 an hour.

Team Member (Seasonal) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores in September 2014.

Applied online on Thursday around 3pm, was called the next day (Friday) arond 11:30am to set up an interview. I was in class at this time and was unable to answer the call, but the manager left the store's number and the times she would be available Saturday for me to call. I called Saturday first thing, and was set up with an interview on Sunday. Arrived 10 minutes early, interview took about 20 minutes. The manager described the job, the hours, the pay, and asked if I had any questions. We chatted the majority of the time, unlike any interview I had ever done before. Received an offer by email one hour later.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, minimum wage for a seasonal job

Merchandise Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vero Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores in March 2014.

Called right away..asked about experience in retail and customer service and job knowledge of position receiving a truck any limitations on lifting , was i comfortable handling cash and dealing with customers. waited to hear back from District Manager

Interview Questions
    Was told I could get the salary I wanted might be a little lower..was offered an amount, accepted verbally...but when I went online amount was lower...had to wait a few weeks to renegotiate...

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores in August 2014.

I applied online as a seasonal team member. Three days later, I received a call asking to set up an interview. The interview took place inside a little office in the store. The manger began with the obvious, "tell me about yourself," and went about asking common interview questions. Most of the interview consisted of customer service based questions, but since I mentioned I did not have any experience in retail or customer service, I was unable to answer most of them. She told me she would hold interviews for the next two weeks and would email her decision after. Few hours after the interview, I received an email stating that they have decided to "pursue other applicants who more closely match the needs of this position." I guess my no experience turned her off.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. Why do you want to work at Jo-Ann?
      3. What does good customer service mean to you?
      4. Describe a time when you received excellent customer service. What made it so special?
      5. Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond.
      6. How would you handle an upset customer?
      7. Can you sew?
        Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Middletown, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores in July 2014.

I applied online and was called for an interview about 3 days later. I went it at about 10 am and waited at the register with another girl who also had an interview. It was pretty weird when I was called to the back room for the interview because the entire walk there the manager didn't speak to me at all. Also, during the interview she didn't ask me any questions at all, she just described the position, ask me my availability and sent me on my way. Didn't even ask if I had any questions. It was pretty weird and I wouldn't recommend this job just based on the interview alone.

Framer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores in July 2010.

Interviewed with Two managers asked the same questions and wanted to now my salary requirements. I told them and they agreed to my salary amount. They immediately hired me and gave me the folowing weeks schedule.

Operations Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores.

I received a call from the store leader (manager) who set up an interview in person. Upon meeting she was very warm and friendly. Questions were read off a packet she had and quiet honestly she laughed at some of them but in the long run I can understand the reasoning. Anyway, the most questions were, tell me about you, how do you handle difficult customers, how can you lead a team, can you work all shifts. No questions were asked if I could do any crafts or what my salary expectations are. I was told I would hear within a week on the job. Prior to the week ending, I had a telephone interview with the district leader who also was very reassuring. The hard part of the phone interview was not being able to see the face to face reactions, etc.

Interview Questions
    • None really, be yourself and always talk team and customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as they offered me more in the offer than originally offered.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roseville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores in June 2013.

I saw an ad in a local newspaper seeking employees and applied online. I was called in for an interview with the store manager about a week later. The interview went smoothly, and the questions were pretty basic. I was asked about prior experience in retail work, customer service, and which crafts I was involved in.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I could sew, but I expected that question since the store specializes in fabric sales. But I don't recall any questions that were of a technical nature.   Answer Question

Worked for Jo-Ann Stores? Contribute to the Community!