Jo-Ann Stores Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

1.8

Merchandise Replenishment Interview

Interview

Applied online and got a call from the hiring manager about 2 weeks later. Scheduled an interview the next day and way basically hired on the spot. Interviewer did not ask many questions; simply asked me to describe my past work experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous work experience. Do you work well in teams?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jo-Ann Stores.

Interview

Very easy process. I applied online and was called for an interview within two weeks. The previous EC and I spoke for about 1/2 hour. They asked me some pretty standard interview questions, mostly about my teaching, recruiting, and customer service experience. I was offered the job on the spot but ultimately declined because of the inconsistent part-time schedule and low compensation. The position is actually split ~ 40% EC duties and 60% sales associate, which isn't indicated in any job description, likely to encourage ECs to connect with potential customers and teachers and promote the program.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jo-Ann Stores (Anaheim, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview only took 10 minutes. It was during a job fair.
    I came inside the store and announced I was there for a job interview. After the interview, I just fill out a paper with my availability.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of ...
      Tell me about your experience in customer service.

1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jo-Ann Stores in March 2015.

Interview

I was called in two days prior to schedule an interview. The manager was really nice and easy to work with. The interview only took about 7 minutes in person, and the rest was through an online process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real negotiations (minimum wage).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jo-Ann Stores (Bellevue, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Got a call asking for an interview the next day. At the interview time I was taken to the back and asked a few questions, then offered a job. It all took about ten minutes. After the interview you need to fill out papers online that agree to a background check and after the check is completed you can fill out your hiring papers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me your work history.
      What kinds of crafts and hobbies do you enjoy?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Explain a time when you went the extra mile for a customer.
      Tell me about a time you had trouble with an agitated customer and what did you do?
      Do you think you'd be a great asset to our team and why?

Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jo-Ann Stores in February 2015.

Interview

About a day after I applied, I received a call asking me to come in for an interview. When I went in I asked for the manager and the had me meet her at the cutting counter. The manager greeted me and was very friendly. She led me to a back room and asked me questions about my experience and informed me about job responsibilities. She was very nice and I felt relaxed. It was very low pressure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience.
      Situational (what would you do if?) questions.
      Questions about my availability.
      Questions about my familiarity with work-related processes.

Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jo-Ann Stores (Youngstown, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Was genuine and friendly. Questions were spot on for a management position. Very comfortable with the process. Interview was about an hour and half. Had lots of questions prepared for the interview, which seemed to be appreciated.

Sales Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores.

Interview

The process took about two weeks. I was called in for an interview the same week that I applied. It was an one on one interview that lasted about 30 minutes. The questions were basic interview questions however it seemed to get better after he actually read my resume that I brought in. After the interview I was called the following week and offered the position by another manager who conducted my training session the same week. It was a fast and easy process.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to learn while working at Jo-Ann Stores?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jo-Ann Stores (Exton, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Filled out the application two weeks prior to my interview. Got called in on a Monday at about 9am asking if I could come in for a interview. I came in around 6pm and met with the manager. She took me to the back office and asked me pretty typical interview questions. It was pretty laid back and chill. She seemed to really like my knowledge on arts and crafts which I made sure to include throughout the interview. Its Monday now and she said shed call me back on Wednesday regardless of their decision.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores in January 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online and I called to check on it three days afterwards. That next week I had an interview. I met with the hiring manager and she took me back into her office. She asked me basic questions like why do you want to work here? When is a time you went above and beyond for a customer? I did not like the experience though. They had no break room it was really messy in the back. She said straight up that the job is only 15-20 hours per week and minimum wage. The hiring manager told me also that they have rude customers that come in there and I should be prepared for it if I got hired. They send you an email letting you know if you got it or not.