Jo-Ann Stores Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalispell, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores (Kalispell, MT).

Interview

Very simple. Applied online, got a call. Went to the appointment, and had a short interview. Easy questions, wonderful interviewer. She was very friendly and easy going. Whole process took 20 minutes, and I walked out with a job.

Interview Questions

• What types of crafts do you do?   1 Answer

Merchandise Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores.

Interview

Numerous back and forth emails to HR. Depended on the "phase of the moon" on if they would reply to basic status questions. (The person I corresponded with in HR didn't know how to answer a phone either.) Actually spoke to two hiring managers for the same position but apparently they didn't need any competition at their point in their career.

Interview Questions

• Easy interview questions but answering correctly meant you were immediately overqualified!   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores.

Interview

It was pretty interesting. All questions was based on customer services and lots of scenario/situational questions. I would recommend to know basic knowledge on craft, sewing, etc terms like notion because they would test your knowledge to see where to potentially position you in. Overall, I find it to be fine and not too bad. It was about a 30 minute interview.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about a week later to schedule an interview. I arrived at the interview and was promptly greeted by the manager. She asked me about my current job and if I was in school. Then she described the duties of the job I was applying for and told me about the dress code, discount and rate of pay. She then asked if I would like the job. No actual interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Minimum wage.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores (Tyler, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was very straight forward. If you held a retail job before, you should be good. They want to know if you are crafty and possibly interested in also teaching classes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores (Mesa, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted my app on the 19th, got a call on the 26th, interviewed on the 29th. Very relaxed interview. Asked a few questions, explained some of the store policies, and said she was interviewing two other people (I was the middle interview) and had to make a decision by the end of the day. Halfway through, another employee came to the back room and talked to me for a bit, said she liked me, and the original interviewer ended up offering me the job then and there instead of calling to let me know like she'd originally said.

Interview Questions

• What crafting experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay with working short shifts more days a week (as opposed to longer shifts, fewer days)?   Answer Question
    • Asked to confirm my availability   Answer Question
    • Okay with being on your feet for long periods of time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores (Saint Paul, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

It was fairly easy. Typical interview questions. 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Tell me your work history 3. What does customer service mean to you? 4. Have you had to deal with any angry customers? 5. What can you provide for this company?

Interview Questions

• What can you provide for this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was fairly easy.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores.

Interview

Very easy process. I applied online and was called for an interview within two weeks. The previous EC and I spoke for about 1/2 hour. They asked me some pretty standard interview questions, mostly about my teaching, recruiting, and customer service experience. I was offered the job on the spot but ultimately declined because of the inconsistent part-time schedule and low compensation. The position is actually split ~ 40% EC duties and 60% sales associate, which isn't indicated in any job description, likely to encourage ECs to connect with potential customers and teachers and promote the program.

Merchandise Replenishment Interview

Interview

Applied online and got a call from the hiring manager about 2 weeks later. Scheduled an interview the next day and way basically hired on the spot. Interviewer did not ask many questions; simply asked me to describe my past work experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous work experience. Do you work well in teams?   Answer Question

General Warehouse Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was your typical interview where they'd ask you about your work experience/history and why they should hire you. I sent an application online and about a week later, HR called me and scheduled an interview 2 days later. Again, the interview was straight forward and the questions weren't hard.