Jo-Ann Stores

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was very simple, the questions were related mostly to customer service and allowing them to see your personality and demeanor, ensuring that you are friendly and that you were a good fit as a sales associate. They also require individuals to have a clear background.

Interview Question – "Name a situation where a customer did not agree with what was going on at the job site"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, they were only able to pay minimum wage.

Rockwall, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores in May 2014.

Interview Details – I saw they were hiring on Indeed, so I headed over to their website and submitted my application. 3 days later, I was called to set up an interview in 2 more days time. The interview consisted of sitting with the GM in the break room and answering questions about my experience in customer service.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was available.

Mankato, MN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores in October 2011.

Interview Details – Short interview, hired on the spot. I didn't have a sewing background but that didn't matter, you learn as you go and I did!

Interview Question – Questions were very general and typical - why would you like to work here, would you like to work fulltime or part time   Answer Question

Colma, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores.

Interview Details – Filled out application and handed it to the hiring manager in person. He interviewed me on the spot and hired me. I took a personality test over the phone and started training the next day.

Interview Question – He didnt ask anything out of the ordinary, in fact he hardly asked any normal interview questions, it was all very laid back. In fact the only job related question he asked was what sewing experience I had. From there it was just a casual conversation about me being a sophmore in highschool, what school I went to, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was my first job so I accepted his first offer.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores.

Interview Details – I applied online and one week later I received a call asking me to come in for an interview in a couple days. I work a black skirt and dress blouse with a pair of flats. The manager who was interviewing me was nice and asked me the standard interview questions such as "Why Jo-Ann" and "Describe a time who gave excellent customer service." It lasted around 15 minutes. Overall, it was a very pleasing interview.

Interview Question – "How did I overcome a difficult situation with a customer?" This question was more difficult for me because I hadn't had any previous retail experience.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received a job offer with better pay somewhere else.

Interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview after an online application.

Interview Question – Have I ever done Planograms   View Answer

Seven Corners, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was called in for an interview early in the morning. Went to the store 5 minutes early, but it was closed. Unsure what to do, I called the hiring manager again to be let inside. I was directed to a seat and waited for a few minutes. Said hi to the few workers around. Manager came around a little while later and asked a few common questions, along with availability.

Interview Question – What would you do if the item a customer wanted was out of stock?   View Answer

Denton, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores in April 2013.

Interview Details – I had applied online, and almost immediately received an email inviting me to attend an upcoming job fair, where I would be interviewed. I showed up to the Holiday Inn (the store was still being built) 15 minutes early, and almost immediately was interviewed, first by someone from corporate, then referred to the store manager, who then basically just informed me that I had the job.

Interview Question – All of the questions were very standard job interview questions: "Tell me about yourself. Tell me more about your experience" etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since it was a new store there was almost no negotiation. I tried to negotiate salary, to no avail.

Fort Worth, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was easy. I got an email from career builder.com that told me when and where the job fair was taking place. I went and was early one of two maybe three people there. The manager was nice, she looked over my resume and asked me a few questions. Then she asked why there was such a gap between my first job and that interview day. I told her, she asked me to wait out in the hallway so that she could speak to the hiring manager, when she called me back into the room I shook the hiring managers hand. she asked me some of the same questions that the first manager did then she said "Your hired." It was one of the easiest interviews ever.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Jo-anns?   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Jo-Ann Stores in May 2010.

Interview Details – The process was really easy. I applied in store, got a phone call the next week to set up an appointment for the interview. When I came in everyone was really friendly and welcoming. We proceeded to the back office sat down one on one and just chatted. The rules and expectations were told to me upfront so there were no surprises at all when I started work. I started the next week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you should be hired?   Answer Question
  • What challenges have you faced with previous customers in your experience and how did you over come them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They only offer an hourly rate for part time sales associate.

Worked for Jo-Ann Stores? Contribute to the Community!